* using dpdk without glibc
@ 2014-02-23 17:48 Nulik Nol
       [not found] ` <CAHO6xe8aQw=DDdTMp02fWFNLCCcw01hC2R0yr-PjvP+EVTVyXA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Nulik Nol @ 2014-02-23 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev-VfR2kkLFssw

Hi,
I need to develop an application to forward packets, but it must not
use GLIBC. It will not have malloc(), printf() and other functions
except syscalls. What files should I copy from DPDK distribution that
would allow me to manage the rings ? Is this doable or it will require
rewriting all the code, and probably I should write my own light DPDK
for this purpose ?

Thanks in advance
Nulik

* Re: using dpdk without glibc
       [not found] ` <CAHO6xe8aQw=DDdTMp02fWFNLCCcw01hC2R0yr-PjvP+EVTVyXA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2014-02-23 20:33   ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2014-02-23 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nulik Nol; +Cc: dev-VfR2kkLFssw

Hi,

23/02/2014 11:48, Nulik Nol :
> I need to develop an application to forward packets, but it must not
> use GLIBC. It will not have malloc(), printf() and other functions
> except syscalls. What files should I copy from DPDK distribution that
> would allow me to manage the rings ? Is this doable or it will require
> rewriting all the code, and probably I should write my own light DPDK
> for this purpose ?

It seems a big challenge.
I think you should be more precise describing the libraries you need. Do you
need only rings ? For which PMD ?

By the way, what's wrong with glibc ?

--
Thomas

* Re: using dpdk without glibc
       [not found] ` <CAHO6xe8aQw=DDdTMp02fWFNLCCcw01hC2R0yr-PjvP+EVTVyXA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2014-02-24  6:11   ` Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2014-02-24  6:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nulik Nol; +Cc: dev-VfR2kkLFssw

If the restriction is size based, have you looked at the smaller libc
variants used in embedded world?
If the restriction  is a legal issue, you need to find a different lawyer...