From: Trond Myklebust <trond.myklebust@primarydata.com>
To: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>
Cc: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>,
	Devel FS Linux <linux-fsdevel@vger.kernel.org>,
	Layton Jeff <jlayton@redhat.com>
Subject: Re: nfsd bug fixes for 3.15
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 12:46:36 -0400	[thread overview]

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 12:34 PM, J. Bruce Fields <bfields@fieldses.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 11:31:16AM -0400, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 06:51:03AM -0400, Trond Myklebust wrote:
>> > Hi Bruce,

>> > Wait. Why?
>>
>> Have you changed your mind since our previous discussion, or just
>> forgotten it?  (Or did I screw up and revert the wrong commit?)  See
>>
>>       http://mid.gmane.org/<BAD6904F-A82A-4FBC-807F-16560B2A23E0@primarydata.com>
>>
>> > NFS4ERR_RESOURCE breaks the Linux client.
>>
>> This returns us to pre-3.15 behavior so shouldn't introduce any new
>> breakage.
>>
>> Fundamentally the problem is that we're returning an error in cases that
>> shouldn't succeed, and rather than replacing one incorrect error by
>
> s/shouldn't/should/, apologies!--b.
>
>> another it seemed better to wait for a proper fix.
>>
>> --b.

I really shouldn't try to read my email before 8am (or at least not
before my third espresso). I was confusing this with the
NFS4ERR_STALE_STATEID problem that was merged as part of the same
pull.
Reverting the NFS4ERR_RESOURCE patch is fine.

Apologies,
  Trond

--
Trond Myklebust

Linux NFS client maintainer, PrimaryData

trond.myklebust@primarydata.com