* Re: arc builds for older android kernels?
       [not found] <CAHRSSEw4VGGKjTKG7aWv=bSuhTNGEOKpbtxO4niogBoLSb=O=Q@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2018-12-12 23:36 ` Kevin Hilman
From: Kevin Hilman @ 2018-12-12 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Todd Kjos; +Cc: Alistair Strachan, kernelci

Hi Todd,

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 9:20 AM 'Todd Kjos' via info <info@kernelci.org> wrote:

> I noticed that some of the arc builds for android kernels are working now (yay), however there are still lots of broken builds for older kernels. Any ideas how to fix these?
>
> android-4.9 (zebu_hs_*):
> android-4.4 (axs103_*, nsim*, tinyconfig):
>   ../scripts/gen_initramfs_list.sh: Cannot open '../../arc_initramfs_hs/'

I think this one should be fixed int stable/linux-4.9.y now (or very soon):
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-snps-arc/2018-December/004980.html

> android-4.4 (allnoconfig):
> arc-linux-ld: error: vmlinux.o: unable to merge ISA extension attributes code-density.arc-linux-ld: failed to merge target specific data of file /usr/bin/../arc-snps-linux-uclibc/sysroot/usr/lib/libgcc.a(_mulsi3.o)
> arc-linux-ld: ERROR: Attempting to link /usr/bin/../arc-snps-linux-uclibc/sysroot/usr/lib/libgcc.a(_umulsidi3.o) with a binary vmlinux.o of different architecture

Hmm, this was also fixed upstream and stable, but it appears didn't
auto-apply to stable 4.9 or 4.4, but is being discussed:
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-snps-arc/2018-December/004897.html

Also,just curious, I'm assuming you are comparing the android-4.x
builds to the stable-rc/linux-4.x equivalents?  That would probably
also tell you whether the android tree is missing a patch from stable
or not.

Kevin

* Re: arc builds for older android kernels?
@ 2018-12-12 23:57   ` Todd Kjos
From: Todd Kjos @ 2018-12-12 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: khilman; +Cc: Alistair Strachan, kernelci

Ah, yes, I should have looked at the upstream branches. Glad to see
that fixes are on the way. Thanks.