* [ANN] U-Boot v2020.10-rc1 released
@ 2020-07-28  2:47 Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2020-07-28  2:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hey all,

It's the day after release day, and here is v2020.10-rc1.  There's a few
more PRs I expect to see soon and a few more changes to bring in from my
own queue.

In terms of a changelog,
git log --merges v2020.07..v2020.10-rc1
contains what I've pulled but as always, better PR messages and tags
will provide better results here.

I'm planning on doing the standard every other Monday -rc releases from
here on out and with a release on October 5th.  Thanks all!

--
Tom
> It's the day after release day, and here is v2020.10-rc1.  There's a few
> more PRs I expect to see soon and a few more changes to bring in from my
> own queue.
>
> In terms of a changelog,
> git log --merges v2020.07..v2020.10-rc1
> contains what I've pulled but as always, better PR messages and tags
> will provide better results here.
>
> I'm planning on doing the standard every other Monday -rc releases from
> here on out and with a release on October 5th.  Thanks all!

Just a note: I see that there were some Kconfig changes in the latest HEAD.
The same I have seen also in -rc1.I think it would be good to sync it
before tagging.

Thanks,
Michal

--
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng), OpenPGP -> KeyID: FE3D1F91
w: www.monstr.eu p: +42-0-721842854

* [ANN] U-Boot v2020.10-rc1 released
@ 2020-08-07 13:08   ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2020-08-07 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Thu, Aug 06, 2020 at 03:31:02PM +0200, Michal Simek wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> ?t 28. 7. 2020 v 4:47 odes?latel Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com> napsal:
> >
> > Hey all,
> >
> > It's the day after release day, and here is v2020.10-rc1.  There's a few
> > more PRs I expect to see soon and a few more changes to bring in from my
> > own queue.
> >
> > In terms of a changelog,
> > git log --merges v2020.07..v2020.10-rc1
> > contains what I've pulled but as always, better PR messages and tags
> > will provide better results here.
> >
> > I'm planning on doing the standard every other Monday -rc releases from
> > here on out and with a release on October 5th.  Thanks all!
>
> Just a note: I see that there were some Kconfig changes in the latest HEAD.
> The same I have seen also in -rc1.I think it would be good to sync it
> before tagging.

I try and (but do forget like this time) to do them right after tagging
rc1 (so that the size checks in my next PR don't have a lot of minor
growth over adding "-rc1" to some strings) or right before otherwise,
but did forget this time.

--
Tom
> On Thu, Aug 06, 2020 at 03:31:02PM +0200, Michal Simek wrote:
> > Hi Tom,
> >
> > ?t 28. 7. 2020 v 4:47 odes?latel Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com> napsal:
> > >
> > > Hey all,
> > >
> > > It's the day after release day, and here is v2020.10-rc1.  There's a few
> > > more PRs I expect to see soon and a few more changes to bring in from my
> > > own queue.
> > >
> > > In terms of a changelog,
> > > git log --merges v2020.07..v2020.10-rc1
> > > contains what I've pulled but as always, better PR messages and tags
> > > will provide better results here.
> > >
> > > I'm planning on doing the standard every other Monday -rc releases from
> > > here on out and with a release on October 5th.  Thanks all!
> >
> > Just a note: I see that there were some Kconfig changes in the latest HEAD.
> > The same I have seen also in -rc1.I think it would be good to sync it
> > before tagging.
>
> I try and (but do forget like this time) to do them right after tagging
> rc1 (so that the size checks in my next PR don't have a lot of minor
> growth over adding "-rc1" to some strings) or right before otherwise,
> but did forget this time.

Maybe it would be useful to add it as the part of the CI loop.

Thanks,
Michal