* [ANN] U-Boot v2021.04-rc4 released
@ 2021-03-15 16:07 Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2021-03-15 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hey all,

It's release day, and here's v2021.04-rc4.  Not a whole lot of change
since last time in master, and -next has been and is still open.  I just
want to repeat a few things from -rc3:

- We've moved from "gitlab.denx.de" (and also "git.denx.de") to
  "source.denx.de", please make sure to update your scripts and tools
  and so forth.  If you send me pull requests, now is a good time to
  switch to url/pushurl if you haven't already.
- Once v2021.04 is released I will be pushing a large number of board
  removals for things that will be then 2 years past their "migrate this
  by ... or it might be removed" date which is also around 3 years total
  of notice.

In terms of a changelog,
git log --merges v2021.04-rc3..v2021.04-rc4
contains what I've pulled but as always, better PR messages and tags
will provide better results here.

I'll be merging -rc4 in to -next shortly and pushing that out as well
once CI completes.

We have one more -rc on March 29th and then release on April 5th.
Thanks all!

--
Tom
> - Once v2021.04 is released I will be pushing a large number of board
>   removals for things that will be then 2 years past their "migrate this
>   by ... or it might be removed" date which is also around 3 years total
>   of notice.

FWIW I'm working on updating the lpc32xx platforms (devkit3250 and work_92105)
to DM. Hopefully I'll get that in sooner rather than later :-)

* [ANN] U-Boot v2021.04-rc4 released
@ 2021-03-17 12:13 ` Marek Vasut
From: Marek Vasut @ 2021-03-17 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 3/15/21 5:07 PM, Tom Rini wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> It's release day, and here's v2021.04-rc4.  Not a whole lot of change
> since last time in master, and -next has been and is still open.  I just
> want to repeat a few things from -rc3:
>
> - We've moved from "gitlab.denx.de" (and also "git.denx.de") to
>    "source.denx.de", please make sure to update your scripts and tools
>    and so forth.  If you send me pull requests, now is a good time to
>    switch to url/pushurl if you haven't already.
> - Once v2021.04 is released I will be pushing a large number of board
>    removals for things that will be then 2 years past their "migrate this
>    by ... or it might be removed" date which is also around 3 years total
>    of notice.

Which ones ?

* [ANN] U-Boot v2021.04-rc4 released
@ 2021-03-17 12:55   ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2021-03-17 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 01:13:57PM +0100, Marek Vasut wrote:
> On 3/15/21 5:07 PM, Tom Rini wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > It's release day, and here's v2021.04-rc4.  Not a whole lot of change
> > since last time in master, and -next has been and is still open.  I just
> > want to repeat a few things from -rc3:
> >
> > - We've moved from "gitlab.denx.de" (and also "git.denx.de") to
> >    "source.denx.de", please make sure to update your scripts and tools
> >    and so forth.  If you send me pull requests, now is a good time to
> >    switch to url/pushurl if you haven't already.
> > - Once v2021.04 is released I will be pushing a large number of board
> >    removals for things that will be then 2 years past their "migrate this
> >    by ... or it might be removed" date which is also around 3 years total
> >    of notice.
>
> Which ones ?

All of the ones I've sent out removal patches for over the last month,
CC'ing the maintainers.  That's basically:
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=228850
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=230325
along with I believe I need to v2 dropping some defconfigs for I believe
mx28evk once Stefano picks up Fabio's patch to update and maintain the
main defconfig (he already ack'd such a removal).

--
Tom
> On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 01:13:57PM +0100, Marek Vasut wrote:
> > On 3/15/21 5:07 PM, Tom Rini wrote:
> > > Hey all,
> > >
> > > It's release day, and here's v2021.04-rc4.  Not a whole lot of change
> > > since last time in master, and -next has been and is still open.  I just
> > > want to repeat a few things from -rc3:
> > >
> > > - We've moved from "gitlab.denx.de" (and also "git.denx.de") to
> > >    "source.denx.de", please make sure to update your scripts and tools
> > >    and so forth.  If you send me pull requests, now is a good time to
> > >    switch to url/pushurl if you haven't already.
> > > - Once v2021.04 is released I will be pushing a large number of board
> > >    removals for things that will be then 2 years past their "migrate this
> > >    by ... or it might be removed" date which is also around 3 years total
> > >    of notice.
> >
> > Which ones ?
>
> All of the ones I've sent out removal patches for over the last month,
> CC'ing the maintainers.  That's basically:
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=228850
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=230325
> along with I believe I need to v2 dropping some defconfigs for I believe
> mx28evk once Stefano picks up Fabio's patch to update and maintain the
> main defconfig (he already ack'd such a removal).

Ah okay, just DM_MMC for now, so the lpc32xx boards aren't on the block? yet.

However, I am interested in preserving the olimex board (i.e.
configs/mx23_olinuxino_defconfig). So I could take a look at that one first
unless, Marek, you would like to take a look?

* [ANN] U-Boot v2021.04-rc4 released
@ 2021-03-17 13:28       ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2021-03-17 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 09:21:45AM -0400, Trevor Woerner wrote:
> On Wed 2021-03-17 @ 08:55:59 AM, Tom Rini wrote:

> > > Which ones ?
> >
> > All of the ones I've sent out removal patches for over the last month,
> > CC'ing the maintainers.  That's basically:
> > https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=228850
> > https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=230325
> > along with I believe I need to v2 dropping some defconfigs for I believe
> > mx28evk once Stefano picks up Fabio's patch to update and maintain the
> > main defconfig (he already ack'd such a removal).
>
> Ah okay, just DM_MMC for now, so the lpc32xx boards aren't on the block? yet.

I would emphasize that yet.  v2021.07 is just around the corner and
marks 3 years of DM_USB being a loud "please migrate me".  We're going
to be hitting that milestone every release in 2021.

> However, I am interested in preserving the olimex board (i.e.
> configs/mx23_olinuxino_defconfig). So I could take a look at that one first
> unless, Marek, you would like to take a look?

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/patch/20210218233230.506201-2-festevam at gmail.com/
is likely a handy patch to look at for whomever is interested in the
board.

--
Tom
On 3/17/21 2:21 PM, Trevor Woerner wrote:
> On Wed 2021-03-17 @ 08:55:59 AM, Tom Rini wrote:

>>> Which ones ?
>>
>> All of the ones I've sent out removal patches for over the last month,
>> CC'ing the maintainers.  That's basically:
>> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=228850
>> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=230325
>> along with I believe I need to v2 dropping some defconfigs for I believe
>> mx28evk once Stefano picks up Fabio's patch to update and maintain the
>> main defconfig (he already ack'd such a removal).
>
> Ah okay, just DM_MMC for now, so the lpc32xx boards aren't on the block? yet.
>
> However, I am interested in preserving the olimex board (i.e.
> configs/mx23_olinuxino_defconfig). So I could take a look at that one first
> unless, Marek, you would like to take a look?

I don't think I have time to do that now, so feel free to dig in.

* [ANN] U-Boot v2021.04-rc4 released
@ 2021-03-17 13:37       ` Fabio Estevam
From: Fabio Estevam @ 2021-03-17 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Trevor,

On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 10:22 AM Trevor Woerner <twoerner@gmail.com> wrote:

> However, I am interested in preserving the olimex board (i.e.
> configs/mx23_olinuxino_defconfig). So I could take a look at that one first
> unless, Marek, you would like to take a look?

I have recently converted imx23-evk to DM, so hopefully, the imx23
olinuxino transition will be smooth too:
https://source.denx.de/u-boot/u-boot/-/commit/23013aa9619881290dbeb6217f1fab863869050e

I don't have the imx23 olinuxino board handy, but let us know if you
face any issues in the DM conversion.

Cheers

* [ANN] U-Boot v2021.04-rc4 released
@ 2021-03-17 13:53         ` Trevor Woerner
From: Trevor Woerner @ 2021-03-17 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 9:37 AM Fabio Estevam <festevam@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Trevor,
>
> On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 10:22 AM Trevor Woerner <twoerner@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > However, I am interested in preserving the olimex board (i.e.
> > configs/mx23_olinuxino_defconfig). So I could take a look at that one first
> > unless, Marek, you would like to take a look?
>
> I have recently converted imx23-evk to DM, so hopefully, the imx23
> olinuxino transition will be smooth too:
> https://source.denx.de/u-boot/u-boot/-/commit/23013aa9619881290dbeb6217f1fab863869050e
>
> I don't have the imx23 olinuxino board handy, but let us know if you
> face any issues in the DM conversion.

Okay, I have the -maxi so I'll get on that conversion.

Thanks!

* [ANN] U-Boot v2021.04-rc4 released
@ 2021-03-17 22:59     ` Jaehoon Chung
From: Jaehoon Chung @ 2021-03-17 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 3/17/21 9:55 PM, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 01:13:57PM +0100, Marek Vasut wrote:
>> On 3/15/21 5:07 PM, Tom Rini wrote:
>>> Hey all,
>>>
>>> It's release day, and here's v2021.04-rc4.  Not a whole lot of change
>>> since last time in master, and -next has been and is still open.  I just
>>> want to repeat a few things from -rc3:
>>>
>>> - We've moved from "gitlab.denx.de" (and also "git.denx.de") to
>>>    "source.denx.de", please make sure to update your scripts and tools
>>>    and so forth.  If you send me pull requests, now is a good time to
>>>    switch to url/pushurl if you haven't already.
>>> - Once v2021.04 is released I will be pushing a large number of board
>>>    removals for things that will be then 2 years past their "migrate this
>>>    by ... or it might be removed" date which is also around 3 years total
>>>    of notice.
>>
>> Which ones ?
>
> All of the ones I've sent out removal patches for over the last month,
> CC'ing the maintainers.  That's basically:
> https://protect2.fireeye.com/v1/url?k=e70d736a-b8964a66-e70cf825-000babff3563-cffb0477a8387425&q=1&e=5f5cbefe-f62f-4eea-8384-94747700342f&u=https%3A%2F%2Fpatchwork.ozlabs.org%2Fproject%2Fuboot%2Flist%2F%3Fseries%3D228850
> https://protect2.fireeye.com/v1/url?k=c6e5783a-997e4136-c6e4f375-000babff3563-b4c710a5ba70271e&q=1&e=5f5cbefe-f62f-4eea-8384-94747700342f&u=https%3A%2F%2Fpatchwork.ozlabs.org%2Fproject%2Fuboot%2Flist%2F%3Fseries%3D230325
> along with I believe I need to v2 dropping some defconfigs for I believe
> mx28evk once Stefano picks up Fabio's patch to update and maintain the
> main defconfig (he already ack'd such a removal).

If removed board not to suppport DM_MMC, I think that mmc driver can be cleaned more than not.
Great. Thanks!

Best Regards,
Jaehoon Chung

* [ANN] U-Boot v2021.04-rc4 released
@ 2021-03-22  1:09         ` Trevor Woerner
From: Trevor Woerner @ 2021-03-22  1:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Wed 2021-03-17 @ 10:37:18 AM, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 10:22 AM Trevor Woerner <twoerner@gmail.com> wrote:
> > However, I am interested in preserving the olimex board (i.e.
> > configs/mx23_olinuxino_defconfig). So I could take a look at that one first
> > unless, Marek, you would like to take a look?
>
> I have recently converted imx23-evk to DM, so hopefully, the imx23
> olinuxino transition will be smooth too:
> https://source.denx.de/u-boot/u-boot/-/commit/23013aa9619881290dbeb6217f1fab863869050e
>
> I don't have the imx23 olinuxino board handy, but let us know if you
> face any issues in the DM conversion.

Fabio: your imx23-evk patch provided an excellent example for me to follow, thanks!

Tom: I have the MMC conversion to DM completed and tested for the Olimex
Olinuxino board. But this board is still missing DM conversions for USB and
ETH. Should I go ahead and send in just the MMC conversion to save it from the
immediate chopping block, or would you rather wait until I've at least had a
chance to look at the USB and ETH conversions in order to send all of them
together in one patch set?

Best regards,
	Trevor

* [ANN] U-Boot v2021.04-rc4 released
@ 2021-03-22  1:28           ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2021-03-22  1:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 09:09:46PM -0400, Trevor Woerner wrote:
> On Wed 2021-03-17 @ 10:37:18 AM, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 10:22 AM Trevor Woerner <twoerner@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > However, I am interested in preserving the olimex board (i.e.
> > > configs/mx23_olinuxino_defconfig). So I could take a look at that one first
> > > unless, Marek, you would like to take a look?
> >
> > I have recently converted imx23-evk to DM, so hopefully, the imx23
> > olinuxino transition will be smooth too:
> > https://source.denx.de/u-boot/u-boot/-/commit/23013aa9619881290dbeb6217f1fab863869050e
> >
> > I don't have the imx23 olinuxino board handy, but let us know if you
> > face any issues in the DM conversion.
>
> Fabio: your imx23-evk patch provided an excellent example for me to follow, thanks!
>
> Tom: I have the MMC conversion to DM completed and tested for the Olimex
> Olinuxino board. But this board is still missing DM conversions for USB and
> ETH. Should I go ahead and send in just the MMC conversion to save it from the
> immediate chopping block, or would you rather wait until I've at least had a
> chance to look at the USB and ETH conversions in order to send all of them
> together in one patch set?

Immediate needs please, thanks.  Due note that USB will have it back on
the chopping block quickly, so to speak :)

--
Tom
> On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 09:09:46PM -0400, Trevor Woerner wrote:
> > >
> > > I have recently converted imx23-evk to DM, so hopefully, the imx23
> > > olinuxino transition will be smooth too:
> > > https://source.denx.de/u-boot/u-boot/-/commit/23013aa9619881290dbeb6217f1fab863869050e
> > >
> > > I don't have the imx23 olinuxino board handy, but let us know if you
> > > face any issues in the DM conversion.
> >
> > Fabio: your imx23-evk patch provided an excellent example for me to follow, thanks!
> >
> > Tom: I have the MMC conversion to DM completed and tested for the Olimex
> > Olinuxino board. But this board is still missing DM conversions for USB and
> > ETH. Should I go ahead and send in just the MMC conversion to save it from the
> > immediate chopping block, or would you rather wait until I've at least had a
> > chance to look at the USB and ETH conversions in order to send all of them
> > together in one patch set?
>
> Immediate needs please, thanks.  Due note that USB will have it back on
> the chopping block quickly, so to speak :)

Okay, sent:

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/patch/20210322013454.13782-1-twoerner at gmail.com/
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/patch/20210322013454.13782-2-twoerner at gmail.com/