* openjdk 8 support compile for arm with jit support
@ 2017-01-07 15:05 Rohit Jindal
From: Rohit Jindal @ 2017-01-07 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Please suggest me the solution for compiling
Openjdk 8 for arm adding support for any jit compiler like shark or jamvm

* Re: openjdk 8 support compile for arm with jit support
@ 2017-01-09  9:20 ` Rohit Jindal
From: Rohit Jindal @ 2017-01-09  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

@ 2017-01-09 13:10 ` Alexander Kanavin
       [not found]   ` <CAHX_jjt4C4VQCKk1Jrz07eSb3vuGuPpjPdfEgds-86pJmD2Zjw@mail.gmail.com>
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2017-01-09 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

On 01/07/2017 05:05 PM, Rohit Jindal wrote:
> Please suggest me the solution for compiling
> Openjdk 8 for arm adding support for any jit compiler like shark or jamvm

This is not how you should ask for help from people who have no
obligation to help you. No one is going to respond, and sending the same
request several times makes it even less likely.

You should describe, in detail:

1) what are you trying to achieve and why;
2) what steps you took to that goal;
3) what doesn't work; what is the step that you got stuck at?

Alex

@ 2017-01-10  7:58     ` Rohit Jindal
From: Rohit Jindal @ 2017-01-10  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Sorry i am new to this forum, actually my target is as follows:

I want to compile openjdk 8 for arm processor due to one of my requirement .
I have used meta-java layer with openjre 102b14 version.
Its compiling good with arm compiler.
But i want to add any available JIT ie just in time compiler to be added in
my working arm based java binaries to increase the performance of my java
applications to be used.
Steps followed are :
Downloaded poky and meta-java layer.
Set machine to be qemuarm .
Toolchain get downloaded as required along with required tools.
Openjre 8_102b14 is compiled for arm successfully.
I twisted the recipe and added enable-jamvm as config param. Now jamvm is
compiled as dependency.
After successful compilations of recipes i tried to run java binaries using
chroot replacing libjvm.so default with created using jamvm .
Java -jamvm -version
Getting segmentation fault core dumped.

Please suggest the solution for the same.

I tried with diffrrent VMs also but all in vein.

Even i tried diiferent variants of openjdk that says that Jit works fine
with it. Like openjdk8u-111-b14 works fine for debian but same source gives
compilation errors. Please suggest openjdk8 version for arm to add jit
support that will work fine for me.

Thanks
Rohit jindal

* openjdk 8 support compile for arm with jit support
@ 2017-01-06 15:31 Rohit Jindal
From: Rohit Jindal @ 2017-01-06 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto