* HID UNPLUG_VIRTUAL_CABLE event issue
@ 2011-08-23  8:54 shy
From: shy @ 2011-08-23  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcel Holtmann; +Cc: padovan, linux-bluetooth

Hi Marcel,
According to connection_disconnect in input/device.c(Bluez version
4.93), it would disconnect INTR and CONTROL L2cap link and then send
HIDP_CTRL_VIRTUAL_CABLE_UNPLUG message by the process sequence.
That seems it doesn't comply to the spec Page120, HID version 1.0.
Could you please confirm this case? If so, I would submit a patch.
Best regards
shy

* Re: HID UNPLUG_VIRTUAL_CABLE event issue
@ 2011-08-23  9:45 ` Luiz Augusto von Dentz
From: Luiz Augusto von Dentz @ 2011-08-23  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: shy; +Cc: Marcel Holtmann, padovan, linux-bluetooth

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 11:54 AM, shy <shyboysby@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Marcel,
> According to connection_disconnect in input/device.c(Bluez version
> 4.93), it would disconnect INTR and CONTROL L2cap link and then send
> HIDP_CTRL_VIRTUAL_CABLE_UNPLUG message by the process sequence.
> That seems it doesn't comply to the spec Page120, HID version 1.0.
> Could you please confirm this case? If so, I would submit a patch.

You mean that the disconnect sequence is wrong? Note that we only send
virtual cable unplug in case the device is being removed, otherwise it
is just a regular disconnect.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz

* Re: HID UNPLUG_VIRTUAL_CABLE event issue
@ 2011-08-23  9:53   ` shy
From: shy @ 2011-08-23  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luiz Augusto von Dentz; +Cc: Marcel Holtmann, padovan, linux-bluetooth

Luiz,
I mean we may send the virtual cable unplug event before we disconnect
the L2CAP link, should it comply to the spec more?
Best regards
shy

@ 2011-08-23 10:09   ` Johan Hedberg
From: Johan Hedberg @ 2011-08-23 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luiz Augusto von Dentz; +Cc: shy, Marcel Holtmann, padovan, linux-bluetooth

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011, Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 11:54 AM, shy <shyboysby@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Marcel,
> > According to connection_disconnect in input/device.c(Bluez version
> > 4.93), it would disconnect INTR and CONTROL L2cap link and then send
> > HIDP_CTRL_VIRTUAL_CABLE_UNPLUG message by the process sequence.
> > That seems it doesn't comply to the spec Page120, HID version 1.0.
> > Could you please confirm this case? If so, I would submit a patch.
>
> You mean that the disconnect sequence is wrong? Note that we only send
> virtual cable unplug in case the device is being removed, otherwise it
> is just a regular disconnect.

I'm not really an expert with the HID implementation, but I think what's
causing confusion here are the close() (g_io_channel_shutdown) calls in
user-space code. Since the kernel keeps its own socket references
(created through HIDPCONNADD) this will not actually disconnect the
L2CAP channels and so it's still safe to send the unplug command
(triggered by the HIDPCONNDEL ioctl) and wait for the remote side to
disconnect.

So unless you've got actual traces (air or HCI) showing an incorrect
sequence I don't think there's anything wrong with the code.

Johan

* Re: HID UNPLUG_VIRTUAL_CABLE event issue
@ 2011-08-23 10:30     ` shy
From: shy @ 2011-08-23 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luiz Augusto von Dentz, shy, Marcel Holtmann, padovan, linux-bluetooth

Johan,
You can see the INTR and CONTROL channel sockets are different from
the session which is created by HIDPCONNADD.
They don't share the same reference. And PTS log fils is attached,
please check it.
Best regards
shy

2011/8/23 Johan Hedberg <johan.hedberg@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011, Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 11:54 AM, shy <shyboysby@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi Marcel,
>> > According to connection_disconnect in input/device.c(Bluez version
>> > 4.93), it would disconnect INTR and CONTROL L2cap link and then send
>> > HIDP_CTRL_VIRTUAL_CABLE_UNPLUG message by the process sequence.
>> > That seems it doesn't comply to the spec Page120, HID version 1.0.
>> > Could you please confirm this case? If so, I would submit a patch.
>>
>> You mean that the disconnect sequence is wrong? Note that we only send
>> virtual cable unplug in case the device is being removed, otherwise it
>> is just a regular disconnect.
>
> I'm not really an expert with the HID implementation, but I think what's
> causing confusion here are the close() (g_io_channel_shutdown) calls in
> user-space code. Since the kernel keeps its own socket references
> (created through HIDPCONNADD) this will not actually disconnect the
> L2CAP channels and so it's still safe to send the unplug command
> (triggered by the HIDPCONNDEL ioctl) and wait for the remote side to
> disconnect.
>
> So unless you've got actual traces (air or HCI) showing an incorrect
> sequence I don't think there's anything wrong with the code.
>
> Johan

[-- Attachment #2: TC_HOS_HCR_BV_03_I.txt --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 13441 bytes --]

Test case : TC_HOS_HCR_BV_03_I started
	- SDP Service record for PTS: 'HID Pointing Device'successfully registered
	- Device ID Service Recordsuccessfully registered
	- HID control channel connected
	- HID interrupt channel connected
	- OUTPUT REPORT: ID: 2  Hex: 00000000
	- OUTPUT REPORT: ID: 3  Hex: 00
	- HID interrupt channel disconnected
	- HID control channel disconnected
	- FATAL ERROR: Received a CM_HID_DISCONNECT_IND (L2CAP channels disconnected) when the PTS and IUT are still virtually cabled
	- HID PTC exiting
	- MTC: Test case ended
Final Verdict : Inconclusive

Test Case Started:    HID v. 7.2.0.11,  TC_HOS_HCR_BV_03_I started at Friday, August 19, 2011 11:07:38

PICS VALUES :

TSPC_HID_1_1 TRUE
TSPC_HID_1_2 FALSE
TSPC_HID_1_3 TRUE
TSPC_HID_2_1 TRUE
TSPC_HID_2_2 TRUE
TSPC_HID_2_3 TRUE
TSPC_HID_2_4 TRUE
TSPC_HID_2_5 TRUE
TSPC_HID_2_6 TRUE
TSPC_HID_2_7 TRUE
TSPC_HID_2_8 TRUE
TSPC_HID_2_9 TRUE
TSPC_HID_2_10 FALSE
TSPC_HID_2_11 FALSE
TSPC_HID_2_12 FALSE
TSPC_HID_2_13 FALSE
TSPC_HID_3_1 TRUE
TSPC_HID_3_2 TRUE
TSPC_HID_3_3 TRUE
TSPC_HID_3_4 FALSE
TSPC_HID_4_1 FALSE
TSPC_HID_4_2 FALSE
TSPC_HID_4_3 FALSE
TSPC_HID_4_4 FALSE
TSPC_HID_5_1 FALSE
TSPC_HID_5_2 FALSE
TSPC_HID_5_3 FALSE
TSPC_HID_5_4 FALSE
TSPC_HID_5_5 TRUE
TSPC_HID_5_6 TRUE
TSPC_HID_6_1 FALSE
TSPC_HID_6_2 FALSE
TSPC_HID_6_3 FALSE
TSPC_HID_6_4 FALSE
TSPC_HID_6_5 FALSE
TSPC_HID_6_6 FALSE
TSPC_HID_6_7 FALSE
TSPC_HID_6_8 TRUE
TSPC_HID_6_9 TRUE
TSPC_HID_6_10 TRUE
TSPC_HID_6_11 FALSE
TSPC_HID_6_12 TRUE
TSPC_HID_6_13 FALSE
TSPC_HID_7_1 TRUE
TSPC_HID_7_2 TRUE
TSPC_HID_8_1 FALSE
TSPC_HID_8_2 FALSE
TSPC_HID_8_3 FALSE
TSPC_HID_8_4 FALSE
TSPC_HID_9_1 FALSE
TSPC_HID_9_2 TRUE
TSPC_HID_9_3 FALSE
TSPC_HID_9_4 TRUE
TSPC_HID_9_5 FALSE
TSPC_HID_9_6 FALSE
TSPC_HID_9_7 FALSE
TSPC_HID_9_8 FALSE
TSPC_HID_9_9 FALSE
TSPC_HID_9_10 FALSE
TSPC_HID_9_11 FALSE
TSPC_HID_9_12 FALSE
TSPC_HID_9_13 FALSE
TSPC_HID_9_14 FALSE
TSPC_HID_10_1 FALSE
TSPC_HID_10_2 FALSE
TSPC_HID_10_3 FALSE
TSPC_HID_10_4 FALSE
TSPC_HID_11_1 FALSE
TSPC_HID_11_2 FALSE
TSPC_HID_11_3 FALSE
TSPC_HID_11_4 FALSE
TSPC_HID_12_1 FALSE
TSPC_HID_12_2 FALSE
TSPC_HID_12_3 FALSE
TSPC_HID_12_4 FALSE
TSPC_HID_12_5 FALSE
TSPC_HID_12_6 FALSE
TSPC_HID_13_1 FALSE
TSPC_HID_13_2 FALSE
TSPC_HID_13_3 FALSE
TSPC_HID_13_4 FALSE
TSPC_HID_13_5 FALSE
TSPC_HID_13_6 FALSE
TSPC_HID_13_7 FALSE
TSPC_HID_13_8 FALSE
TSPC_HID_13_9 FALSE
TSPC_HID_13_10 FALSE
TSPC_HID_13_11 FALSE
TSPC_HID_13_12 FALSE
TSPC_HID_13_13 FALSE
TSPC_HID_14_1 FALSE
TSPC_HID_14_2 TRUE
TSPC_ALL FALSE

PIXIT VALUES :

TSPX_security_enabled TRUE
TSPX_delete_link_key TRUE
TSPX_query_iut_sdp TRUE
TSPX_bd_addr_iut 202BC1C7A97D
TSPX_pointing_device_class_of_device 002580
TSPX_keyboard_device_class_of_device 002540
TSPX_host_class_of_device 100108
TSPX_pts_device_role MOUSE
TSPX_pin_code 0000
TSPX_use_dynamic_pin_code FALSE
TSPX_time_guard 600000000000000
TSPX_hid_data_interval 1000
TSPX_use_implicit_send TRUE
TSPX_verbose_implicit_send FALSE
TSPX_no_fail_verdicts FALSE
TSPX_time_reconnect 30000
TSPX_secure_simple_pairing_pass_key_confirmation FALSE
TSPX_hid_report_id 1

+3024 ms
Start Test Case:         TC_HOS_HCR_BV_03_I

+3135 ms
Verdict Description:     SDP Service record for PTS: 'HID Pointing Device'successfully registered

+3135 ms
Preliminary verdict:     : [8] (PASS)

+3195 ms
Verdict Description:     Device ID Service Recordsuccessfully registered

+3195 ms
Preliminary verdict:     : [8] (PASS)

+3235 ms
Send event:              :[7]HCI!HCI_WRITE_SCAN_ENABLE=PDU:{
                           scanEnable:'03'O
                         }

+3245 ms
Receive event:           :[3]HCI?HCI_WRITE_SCAN_ENABLE_COMPLETE_EVENT=PDU:{
                           status:HCI_OK
                         }

+3245 ms
Preliminary verdict:     : [3] (PASS)

+3265 ms
Send event:              :[1]HCI!HCI_CHANGE_LOCAL_NAME=PDU:{
                           name:"PTS-HID-CHINA-F66FD2846"
                         }

+3265 ms
Receive event:           :[3]HCI?HCI_CHANGE_LOCAL_NAME_COMPLETE_EVENT=PDU:{
                           status:HCI_OK
                         }

+3275 ms
Preliminary verdict:     : [3] (PASS)

+3285 ms
Send event:              :[1]HCI!HCI_WRITE_CLASS_OF_DEVICE=PDU:{
                           classOfDevice:'002580'O
                         }

+3295 ms
Receive event:           :[3]HCI?HCI_WRITE_CLASS_OF_DEVICE_COMPLETE_EVENT=PDU:{
                           status:HCI_OK
                         }

+3295 ms
Preliminary verdict:     : [3] (PASS)

+3305 ms
Send event:              :[1]HCI!HCI_DELETE_STORED_LINK_KEY=PDU:{
                           bd_addr:'202BC1C7A97D'O,
                           delete_all:GcTRUE
                         }

+3315 ms
Receive event:           :[3]HCI?HCI_DELETE_STORED_LINK_KEY_COMPLETE_EVENT=PDU:{
                           status:HCI_OK,
                           num_keys_deleted:0
                         }

+3315 ms
Preliminary verdict:     : [3] (PASS)

+3325 ms
Send event:              :[1]HCI!HCI_WRITE_CONNECTABLE_REQ=PDU:{
                           connectable:GcTRUE
                         }

+3335 ms
Receive event:           :[3]HCI?HCI_WRITE_CONNECTABLE_CFM=PDU:{
                           result:GcTRUE
                         }

+3345 ms
Preliminary verdict:     : [3] (PASS)

+3355 ms
Send event:              :[1]HCI!HCI_READ_BD_ADDR=PDU:{

                         }

+3365 ms
Receive event:           :[3]HCI?HCI_READ_BD_ADDR_COMPLETE_EVENT=PDU:{
                           status:HCI_OK,
                           bd_addr:'008098E736F0'O
                         }

+3365 ms
Preliminary verdict:     : [3] (PASS)

+3375 ms
Send event:              :[1]HCI!HCI_READ_LOCAL_VERSION_INFORMATION=PDU:{

                         }

+3385 ms
Receive event:           :[3]HCI?HCI_READ_LOCAL_VERSION_INFORMATION_COMPLETE_EVENT=PDU:{
                           status:HCI_OK,
                           hciVersion:4,
                           hciRevision:5360,
                           lmpVersion:4,
                           manufacturerName:10,
                           lmpSubversion:5360
                         }

+3385 ms
Preliminary verdict:     : [3] (PASS)

+4166 ms
Send event:              :[36]MMI!MMI_MSGBOX_REQ=PDU:{
                           caption:"{
                             1,
                             %s,
                             HID
                           }ClickOk,
                           thenusingtheImplementationUnderTest(IUT)connecttothePTS.",
                           style:MMI_Style_Ok_Cancel1
                         }

+6840 ms
Receive event:           :[5]MMI?MMI_MSGBOX_RSP=PDU:{
                           status:MMI_OK
                         }

+14891 ms
Receive event:           :[144]HCI?HCI_CONNECTION_COMPLETE_EVENT=PDU:{
                           status:HCI_OK,
                           handle:'002E'O,
                           bd_addr:'202BC1C7A97D'O,
                           link_type:HCI_LINK_TYPE_ACL,
                           encryption_mode:HCI_ENCRYPTION_DISABLED
                         }

+15873 ms
Receive event:           :[128]HCI?HCI_SSP_PASSKEY_REQ=PDU:{
                           bd_addr:'202BC1C7A97D'O,
                           passkey:"474011",
                           rm_name:"MediaPad"
                         }

+15903 ms
Send event:              :[4]HCI!HCI_SSP_PASSKEY_RSP=PDU:{
                           bd_addr:'202BC1C7A97D'O,
                           accept:GcTRUE
                         }

+20299 ms
Receive event:           :[139]HCI?HCI_LINK_KEY_NOTIFICATION_EVENT=PDU:{
                           bd_addr:'202BC1C7A97D'O,
                           link_key:'C87CC88AC942F9905D83623C38302E5A'O,
                           link_key_type:HCI_LINK_KEY_TYPE_AUTHENTICATED_COMBINATION_KEY
                         }

+22132 ms
Receive event:           A:[2]L2CAP?L2CAP_SETUP_IND=PDU:{
                           bdAddr:'202BC1C7A97D'O,
                           psm:'0011'O,
                           lcid:'0041'O
                         }

+22142 ms
Send event:              :[19]L2CAP!L2CAP_SETUP_RSP=PDU:{
                           lcid:'0041'O,
                           result:L2CAP_RESULT_CONNECTION_SUCCESSFUL,
                           linkTimeout:'FFFF'O
                         }

+22152 ms
Receive event:           :[142]HCI?HCI_AUTHENTICATION_COMPLETE_EVENT=PDU:{
                           status:HCI_OK,
                           handle:'002E'O
                         }

+22182 ms
Receive event:           :[11]L2CAP?L2CAP_SETUP_COMPLETE_IND=PDU:{
                           lcid:'0041'O,
                           result:L2CAP_RESULT_CONNECTION_SUCCESSFUL,
                           localMtu:672,
                           remoteMtu:672,
                           remoteFlushTimeout:65535
                         }

+22192 ms
Verdict Description:     HID control channel connected

+22192 ms
Preliminary verdict:     : [1] (PASS)

+22302 ms
Receive event:           A:[2]L2CAP?L2CAP_SETUP_IND=PDU:{
                           bdAddr:'202BC1C7A97D'O,
                           psm:'0013'O,
                           lcid:'0042'O
                         }

+22312 ms
Send event:              :[38]L2CAP!L2CAP_SETUP_RSP=PDU:{
                           lcid:'0042'O,
                           result:L2CAP_RESULT_CONNECTION_SUCCESSFUL,
                           linkTimeout:'FFFF'O
                         }

+22322 ms
Receive event:           :[142]HCI?HCI_AUTHENTICATION_COMPLETE_EVENT=PDU:{
                           status:HCI_OK,
                           handle:'002E'O
                         }

+22342 ms
Receive event:           :[11]L2CAP?L2CAP_SETUP_COMPLETE_IND=PDU:{
                           lcid:'0042'O,
                           result:L2CAP_RESULT_CONNECTION_SUCCESSFUL,
                           localMtu:672,
                           remoteMtu:672,
                           remoteFlushTimeout:65535
                         }

+22352 ms
Verdict Description:     HID interrupt channel connected

+22352 ms
Preliminary verdict:     : [1] (PASS)

+22412 ms
Receive event:           :[20]L2CAP?L2CAP_DATA_IND=PDU:{
                           lcid:'0042'O,
                           payload:'A20200000000'O
                         }

+22422 ms
Verdict Description:     OUTPUT REPORT: ID: 2  Hex: 00000000

+22432 ms
Receive event:           :[20]L2CAP?L2CAP_DATA_IND=PDU:{
                           lcid:'0042'O,
                           payload:'A20300'O
                         }

+22442 ms
Verdict Description:     OUTPUT REPORT: ID: 3  Hex: 00

+23243 ms
Send event:              :[36]MMI!MMI_MSGBOX_REQ=PDU:{
                           caption:"{
                             4,
                             %s,
                             HID
                           }ClickOk,
                           thensendaVirtualCableUnplug(VCU)fromtheImplementationUnderTest(IUT),
                           andwaitforthePTStodisconnecttheInterrruptandthenthecontrolchannels.",
                           style:MMI_Style_Ok_Cancel1
                         }

+25977 ms
Receive event:           :[5]MMI?MMI_MSGBOX_RSP=PDU:{
                           status:MMI_OK
                         }

+31906 ms
Receive event:           :[30]L2CAP?L2CAP_DISCONNECT_IND=PDU:{
                           lcid:'0042'O,
                           reason:L2CAP_HCI_OK
                         }

+31916 ms
Verdict Description:     HID interrupt channel disconnected

+31916 ms
Preliminary verdict:     : [1] (PASS)

+31916 ms
Send event:              :[64]L2CAP!L2CAP_DISCONNECT_RSP=PDU:{
                           lcid:'0042'O
                         }

+32417 ms
Receive event:           :[30]L2CAP?L2CAP_DISCONNECT_IND=PDU:{
                           lcid:'0041'O,
                           reason:L2CAP_HCI_OK
                         }

+32417 ms
Verdict Description:     HID control channel disconnected

+32417 ms
Preliminary verdict:     : [1] (PASS)

+32427 ms
Send event:              :[55]L2CAP!L2CAP_DISCONNECT_RSP=PDU:{
                           lcid:'0041'O
                         }

+32437 ms
Verdict Description:     FATAL ERROR: Received a CM_HID_DISCONNECT_IND (L2CAP channels disconnected) when the PTS and IUT are still virtually cabled

+32437 ms
Preliminary verdict:     : [6] (INCONC)

+32457 ms
Verdict Description:     HID PTC exiting

+32457 ms
Preliminary verdict:     : [1] (PASS)

+32457 ms
Verdict Description:     MTC: Test case ended

+32457 ms
Preliminary verdict:     : [3] (PASS)

+32467 ms
Final verdict:           : [4] INCONC

+32517 ms
Encrypted Verdict        A1#ZWY4MzQ5MDg3MmQwNTIxOGQzMzQ5YjY2ODA5M2MzNjQ5ZDY4NmY0Yjc2MzIzM2VkNTUyNTFhNGU4Mjg1MjI0NA==#kbrJvmoYLJM1hNnWGou5y2aQC2wVSBesud241vDZtNHkPahxlVj61lAIRMiSrun4

+32517 ms
Test Case ended:         TC_HOS_HCR_BV_03_I

* Re: HID UNPLUG_VIRTUAL_CABLE event issue
@ 2011-08-23 11:07       ` Luiz Augusto von Dentz
From: Luiz Augusto von Dentz @ 2011-08-23 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: shy; +Cc: Marcel Holtmann, padovan, linux-bluetooth

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 1:30 PM, shy <shyboysby@gmail.com> wrote:
> Johan,
> You can see the INTR and CONTROL channel sockets are different from
> the session which is created by HIDPCONNADD.
> They don't share the same reference. And PTS log fils is attached,
> please check it.

No top-posting in this list, btw how do you triggered the disconnect?
If you just did Device.Disconnect it won't send the cable unplug on
purpose since the device may be reused latter, if you do
Adapter.RemoveDevice than it should trigger cable unplug.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz