* [ath9k-devel] AR9380/AR9382 AP Mode Source Code Support
@ 2012-03-28  5:50 Tushar K
From: Tushar K @ 2012-03-28  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Hi,
I am planning to work on the Atheros AR9380/AR9382 chipset. I will be
using this chipset in AP (Access Point) mode.
I have couple of questions as below and require help to proceed further.

1) Does open source wifi code supports AR9380/AR9382 chipset in AP
mode? Has this been ever tested?

2) When I checked the link http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Download,
for downloading the driver, what I found is that the driver is
available for 2.6 linux kernel version. But I am working on Linux
kernel 3.X. So, I am not sure whether the linux kernel version 3.X has
already support for this chipset or not. If not, then which wireless
source code I need to use to integrate into Linux kernel 3.X version.

3) In the wireless source code, I could see the support for
AR9380/AR9382 but it has support for AR9300 etc. Am I missing
something? Which are the source files corresponds to AR9380/AR9382
chipset modules?

Thanks & Regards,
Tushar

* [ath9k-devel] AR9380/AR9382 AP Mode Source Code Support
@ 2012-03-28  6:27 ` Mohammed Shafi
From: Mohammed Shafi @ 2012-03-28  6:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 11:20 AM, Tushar K <tushark.kernel@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am planning to work on the Atheros AR9380/AR9382 chipset. I will be
> using this chipset in AP (Access Point) mode.
> I have couple of questions as below and require help to proceed further.
>
> 1) Does open source wifi code supports AR9380/AR9382 chipset in AP
> mode? Has this been ever tested?

yes it works fine with AP mode.

> 2) When I checked the link http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Download,
> for downloading the driver, what I found is that the driver is
> available for 2.6 linux kernel version. But I am working on Linux
> kernel 3.X. So, I am not sure whether the linux kernel version 3.X has
> already support for this chipset or not. If not, then which wireless
> source code I need to use to integrate into Linux kernel 3.X version.

it will work fine, you can take the bleeding edge or stable 3.3 releases

> 3) In the wireless source code, I could see the support for
> AR9380/AR9382 but it has support for AR9300 etc. Am I missing
> something? Which are the source files corresponds to AR9380/AR9382
> chipset modules?

AR9300 family includes AR9380, AR9382, AR9485, AR9462 etc.
AR9300_20_OR_LATER checks
are the one thats needed

> Thanks & Regards,
> Tushar

thanks,
shafi

* [ath9k-devel] AR9380/AR9382 AP Mode Source Code Support
@ 2012-03-28  8:28   ` Tushar K
From: Tushar K @ 2012-03-28  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Hi Mohammed,