* L-thread support c++
@ 2017-03-21 12:11 Hiroki Shirokura
From: Hiroki Shirokura @ 2017-03-21 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi,

This is Hiroki SHIROKURA, japanese student
I'm  researching High-Performance-Networking using DPDK
and L-thread.

L-thread is awesome, but it doesn't support C++.
If we want use lthread with C++, we must add only
 "extern C {}" like a below's commit.

https://github.com/susanow/lthread
https://github.com/susanow/lthread/commit/eb3b8796dfa8ef25dde2340c68b1ca939b4e957b

This is very easy but, it wasn't done yet.
How do you think about this?

Thank you.

Hiroki SHIROKURA
  email: slank.dev@gmail.com
  Twitter: @slankdev
  Github: slankdev
  Facebook: hiroki.shirokura

* Re: L-thread support c++
@ 2017-03-21 15:51 ` Wiles, Keith
From: Wiles, Keith @ 2017-03-21 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hiroki Shirokura; +Cc: dev

> On Mar 21, 2017, at 7:11 AM, Hiroki Shirokura <slank.dev@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> This is Hiroki SHIROKURA, japanese student
> I'm  researching High-Performance-Networking using DPDK
> and L-thread.
>
> L-thread is awesome, but it doesn't support C++.
> If we want use lthread with C++, we must add only
> "extern C {}" like a below's commit.
>
> https://github.com/susanow/lthread
> https://github.com/susanow/lthread/commit/eb3b8796dfa8ef25dde2340c68b1ca939b4e957b
>
> This is very easy but, it wasn't done yet.
> How do you think about this?

I believe adding the C++ ifdefs is reasonable. Please send a patch for the changes.

> Thank you.

> Hiroki SHIROKURA
>  email: slank.dev@gmail.com
>  Twitter: @slankdev
>  Github: slankdev
>  Facebook: hiroki.shirokura

Regards,
Keith

* Re: L-thread support c++
@ 2017-03-21 15:53   ` Hiroki Shirokura
From: Hiroki Shirokura @ 2017-03-21 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wiles, Keith; +Cc: dev

> I believe adding the C++ ifdefs is reasonable. Please send a patch for
the changes.

Thank you for your reply.
So, I'll send a patch soon.

2017年3月22日(水) 0:51 Wiles, Keith <keith.wiles@intel.com>:

> > On Mar 21, 2017, at 7:11 AM, Hiroki Shirokura <slank.dev@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > This is Hiroki SHIROKURA, japanese student
> > I'm  researching High-Performance-Networking using DPDK
> > and L-thread.
> >
> > L-thread is awesome, but it doesn't support C++.
> > If we want use lthread with C++, we must add only
> > "extern C {}" like a below's commit.
> >
> > https://github.com/susanow/lthread
> >
> https://github.com/susanow/lthread/commit/eb3b8796dfa8ef25dde2340c68b1ca939b4e957b
> >
> > This is very easy but, it wasn't done yet.
> > How do you think about this?
>
> I believe adding the C++ ifdefs is reasonable. Please send a patch for the
> changes.
>

> > Thank you.

> > Hiroki SHIROKURA
> >  email: slank.dev@gmail.com
> >  Twitter: @slankdev
> >  Github: slankdev
> >  Facebook: hiroki.shirokura
>
> Regards,
> Keith

* Re: L-thread support c++
@ 2017-03-21 17:11     ` Hiroki Shirokura
From: Hiroki Shirokura @ 2017-03-21 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wiles, Keith; +Cc: dev

> So, I'll send a patch soon.

I wrote a patch to suport c++ in L-thread

Patch is bellow. please review this.
http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2017-March/060809.html

thank you.