From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
To: Palmer Dabbelt <palmer@sifive.com>
Cc: atish.patra@wdc.com, linux-riscv@lists.infradead.org,
	Linux List Kernel Mailing <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] RISC-V Patches for the 5.2 Merge Window, Part 1
Date: Wed, 15 May 2019 18:49:57 -0700	[thread overview]

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 6:43 PM Palmer Dabbelt <palmer@sifive.com> wrote:

> Linus: I'm not sure how to tag this PR as a mistake, so I'm going to just send
> another one.  If this gets merged then I'll handle the follow-on.

Just emailing in the same thread ends up with me hopefully seeing the
"oops, cancel pull request" before I actually pull, so you did the
right thing.

To make sure, you _could_ obviously also just force-remove the tag you
asked me to pull, so that if I miss an email any pull attempt of mine
would just fail.

.., and if were to have ended up pulling before you sent the cancel
email and/or removed the tag, it's obviously all too late, and then
we'd have to fix things up after the fact, but at least this time it
got caught in time.

            Linus

From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
To: Palmer Dabbelt <palmer@sifive.com>