* feature request: please support direct kernel boot of recent ubuntu kernel, compressed with LZ4
@ 2019-12-06 19:03 Pry Mar
From: Pry Mar @ 2019-12-06 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: grub-devel; +Cc: cjwatson, phcoder

hello,

Looking in tree: grub-core/io

there is support for various compression types, except for LZ4.

I would like to script a pvgrub2 kernel for x86_64-xen and
i386-xen_pvh modules that can direct kernel boot the latest Ubuntu
kernels. I believe that new LZ4 support is needed in grub-core/io to
do this.

It seems that Ubuntu has used LZ4 compression without any
consideration for these changes in grub2. I have checked here too:

https://salsa.debian.org/grub-team

Since grub2 development is shared between both platforms: Debian & Ubuntu.

cheers,
PryMar56
  ##xen-packaging Freenode IRC

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-12-06 19:03 UTC | newest]