* coresight dummy funnel question
@ 2018-03-07 15:57 Zhi Li
From: Zhi Li @ 2018-03-07 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

Mathieu:

           I am working one enable coresight in our SOC.

           But our SOC's cluster funnel have not export program interface.
           Our cluster included 4 A53.

           4 ETM of A53 connect to funnel, which have NOT program
interface. Funnel is default enabled.

           Do you have suggest how to bypass or use dummy funnel in dts file?

best regards
Frank Li

* coresight dummy funnel question
@ 2018-03-09 18:03 ` Mathieu Poirier
From: Mathieu Poirier @ 2018-03-09 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

Hi Zhi,

On 7 March 2018 at 08:57, Zhi Li <lznuaa@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mathieu:
>
>            I am working one enable coresight in our SOC.
>
>            But our SOC's cluster funnel have not export program interface.
>            Our cluster included 4 A53.
>
>            4 ETM of A53 connect to funnel, which have NOT program
> interface. Funnel is default enabled.
>
>            Do you have suggest how to bypass or use dummy funnel in dts file?

Is the funnel discoverable on the AMBA bus or is it like the original
version of replicators?

@ 2018-03-09 22:07   ` Zhi Li
From: Zhi Li @ 2018-03-09 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 12:03 PM, Mathieu Poirier
<mathieu.poirier@linaro.org> wrote:
> Hi Zhi,
>
> On 7 March 2018 at 08:57, Zhi Li <lznuaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Mathieu:
>>
>>            I am working one enable coresight in our SOC.
>>
>>            But our SOC's cluster funnel have not export program interface.
>>            Our cluster included 4 A53.
>>
>>            4 ETM of A53 connect to funnel, which have NOT program
>> interface. Funnel is default enabled.
>>
>>            Do you have suggest how to bypass or use dummy funnel in dts file?
>
> Is the funnel discoverable on the AMBA bus or is it like the original
> version of replicators?

No, No any program interface at all. Look like replicators

best regards
Frank Li

@ 2018-03-15 15:46     ` Mathieu Poirier
From: Mathieu Poirier @ 2018-03-15 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

On 9 March 2018 at 15:07, Zhi Li <lznuaa@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 12:03 PM, Mathieu Poirier
> <mathieu.poirier@linaro.org> wrote:
>> Hi Zhi,
>>
>> On 7 March 2018 at 08:57, Zhi Li <lznuaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Mathieu:
>>>
>>>            I am working one enable coresight in our SOC.
>>>
>>>            But our SOC's cluster funnel have not export program interface.
>>>            Our cluster included 4 A53.
>>>
>>>            4 ETM of A53 connect to funnel, which have NOT program
>>> interface. Funnel is default enabled.
>>>
>>>            Do you have suggest how to bypass or use dummy funnel in dts file?
>>
>> Is the funnel discoverable on the AMBA bus or is it like the original
>> version of replicators?
>
> No, No any program interface at all. Look like replicators

The best way to proceed is probably to allow entry in the funnel
driver from the platform bus as well.  There is a very good example
here [1].

Thanks,
Mathieu

[1]. https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v4.16-rc5/source/drivers/tty/serial/amba-pl011.c

@ 2018-03-15 19:06       ` Zhi Li
From: Zhi Li @ 2018-03-15 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 10:46 AM, Mathieu Poirier
<mathieu.poirier@linaro.org> wrote:
> On 9 March 2018 at 15:07, Zhi Li <lznuaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 12:03 PM, Mathieu Poirier
>> <mathieu.poirier@linaro.org> wrote:
>>> Hi Zhi,

>>> Is the funnel discoverable on the AMBA bus or is it like the original
>>> version of replicators?
>>
>> No, No any program interface at all. Look like replicators
>
> The best way to proceed is probably to allow entry in the funnel
> driver from the platform bus as well.  There is a very good example
> here [1].

But our funnel have not export register program interface.
Do I use a dummy funnel driver for that?

static int funnel_probe(struct amba_device *adev, const struct amba_id *id)
   base = devm_ioremap_resource(dev, res);
        if (IS_ERR(base))
                return PTR_ERR(base);

Allowed base is null.

check drvdata->base in funnel_enable()
if(drvdata->base )
            funnel_enable_hw(drvdata, inport);

Is it okay overall?

best regards
Frank Li

@ 2018-03-15 21:49         ` Mathieu Poirier
From: Mathieu Poirier @ 2018-03-15 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

On 15 March 2018 at 13:06, Zhi Li <lznuaa@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 10:46 AM, Mathieu Poirier
> <mathieu.poirier@linaro.org> wrote:
>> On 9 March 2018 at 15:07, Zhi Li <lznuaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> No, No any program interface at all. Look like replicators
>>
>> The best way to proceed is probably to allow entry in the funnel
>> driver from the platform bus as well.  There is a very good example
>> here [1].
>
> But our funnel have not export register program interface.
> Do I use a dummy funnel driver for that?

Exactly

> static int funnel_probe(struct amba_device *adev, const struct amba_id *id)
>    base = devm_ioremap_resource(dev, res);
>         if (IS_ERR(base))
>                 return PTR_ERR(base);
>

> Allowed base is null.
>
> check drvdata->base in funnel_enable()
> if(drvdata->base )
>             funnel_enable_hw(drvdata, inport);

Please look at what is being done for the replicators and enact the
same for your new funnel.  Looking at the code I think it will be
cleaner to keep the probe routines for the platform driver and AMBA
driver separate.