* ceph native client for windows
@ 2011-08-05  8:56 Qian Wei
From: Qian Wei @ 2011-08-05  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

Hi friends
   Anyone has plan to develop a CEPH native client for  Windows, or
give effective way to provide stroage to Windows user,if you do,
please share your idea how to design it with us.It's very  meaningful
to promote ceph developing, and can attract more people to use ceph.
I'm  really interested in this field, and strive to make it true.

* Re: ceph native client for windows
@ 2011-08-05 11:29 ` Fyodor Ustinov
From: Fyodor Ustinov @ 2011-08-05 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

Qian Wei <hzqianwei <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi friends
>    Anyone has plan to develop a CEPH native client for  Windows, or
> give effective way to provide stroage to Windows user

Reshare via samba or nfs?

WBR,
    Fyodor.

* Re: ceph native client for windows
@ 2011-08-05 16:09 ` Sage Weil
From: Sage Weil @ 2011-08-05 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Qian Wei; +Cc: ceph-devel

On Fri, 5 Aug 2011, Qian Wei wrote:
> Hi friends
>    Anyone has plan to develop a CEPH native client for  Windows, or
> give effective way to provide stroage to Windows user,if you do,
> please share your idea how to design it with us.It's very  meaningful
> to promote ceph developing, and can attract more people to use ceph.
> I'm  really interested in this field, and strive to make it true.

There are patches pending that link samba directly to libceph, allowing
you to share with windows clients with a clean stack (no kernel
requirements).  This is your best bet.

sage