* AR3011 Device Under Test
@ 2017-11-14 11:48 Julien Massot
From: Julien Massot @ 2017-11-14 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hi all,

I have an usb AR3011 bluetooth chipset in one of my product, and I need to do
some radio testing for certification purpose.

I firstly talked to my bluetooth card vendor to get help, but didn't
had any reply.

Does anyone already succeed to put an AR3011 (managed by ATH3K driver),
under radio test condition ?

So beeing able to do continous Tx, setting the channels, something similar to
tx99 for ath9k:

https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-wireless/msg113353.html

Thanks a lot for your input.

Regards,
Julien

* Re: AR3011 Device Under Test
@ 2017-11-14 14:49 ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2017-11-14 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Massot; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi Julien,

> I have an usb AR3011 bluetooth chipset in one of my product, and I need to do
> some radio testing for certification purpose.
>
> I firstly talked to my bluetooth card vendor to get help, but didn't
> had any reply.
>
> Does anyone already succeed to put an AR3011 (managed by ATH3K driver),
> under radio test condition ?

you can use the HCI commands for test mode.

Regards

Marcel

* Re: AR3011 Device Under Test
@ 2017-11-15  8:06   ` Julien Massot
From: Julien Massot @ 2017-11-15  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcel Holtmann; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi Marcel,

>> Does anyone already succeed to put an AR3011 (managed by ATH3K driver),
>> under radio test condition ?
>
> you can use the HCI commands for test mode.

Thanks a lot, I didn't search the right way, and the solution was in bluetooth
specification.

Was stuck on WiFi way of thinking in which any constructor have it's own way.

So for future people looking at this topic please read
BLUETOOTH SPECIFICATION Version 2.0 + EDR [vol 3]
"7.6.3 Enable Device Under Test Mode Command"

Best Regards,
Julien

* Re: AR3011 Device Under Test
@ 2017-11-15 13:53     ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2017-11-15 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Massot; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi Julien,

>>> Does anyone already succeed to put an AR3011 (managed by ATH3K driver),
>>> under radio test condition ?
>>
>> you can use the HCI commands for test mode.
>
> Thanks a lot, I didn't search the right way, and the solution was in bluetooth
> specification.
>
> Was stuck on WiFi way of thinking in which any constructor have it's own way.
>
> So for future people looking at this topic please read
> BLUETOOTH SPECIFICATION Version 2.0 + EDR [vol 3]
> "7.6.3 Enable Device Under Test Mode Command"

I think that I added /sys/kernel/debug/bluetooth/hci0/dut_mode or something like that.

Regards

Marcel