* arch linux xen 4.2 no network
@ 2012-02-19 22:12 jacek burghardt
From: jacek burghardt @ 2012-02-19 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

I just created arch linux xen 4.2 unstable package so it compiled fine and
installs fine. When I run xl create it starts vm. I have vif devices
created but they don't attach to bridget that are created on startup . I
have xenbr0 and xenbr1 created.
If I run this I get vifi attached ro bridge. Is this xl issue or python.
# export vif=vif1.0
# export XENBUS_PATH=/local/domain/0/backend/vif/1/0
(found with `xl network-list`)
# export bridge=br0
# /etc/xen/scripts/vif-bridge add
# /etc/xen/scripts/vif-bridge online
It seems that xen has to be compileg with python 2.7 . I wonder if this
well known bug are there any patches.

* Re: arch linux xen 4.2 no network
@ 2012-02-20  9:52 ` Ian Campbell
From: Ian Campbell @ 2012-02-20  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jacek burghardt; +Cc: xen-devel

On Sun, 2012-02-19 at 22:12 +0000, jacek burghardt wrote:
> I just created arch linux xen 4.2 unstable package so it compiled fine
> and installs fine. When I run xl create it starts vm. I have vif
> devices created but they don't attach to bridget that are created on
> startup . I have xenbr0 and xenbr1 created.

Do you have the udev rules installed in the right place?

> If I run this I get vifi attached ro bridge. Is this xl issue or
> python.
> # export vif=vif1.0
> # export XENBUS_PATH=/local/domain/0/backend/vif/1/0
> (found with `xl network-list`)
> # export bridge=br0

This is neither of the bridge names which you stated above.

If your bridge is called "br0" then you probably need "bridge=br0" in
your vif configuration line or to set "defaultbridge"
in /etc/xen/xl.conf.

> # /etc/xen/scripts/vif-bridge add
> # /etc/xen/scripts/vif-bridge online
> It seems that xen has to be compileg with python 2.7 . I wonder if
> this well known bug are there any patches.

Ian.