* i.MX8MP usb status
@ 2022-05-04 12:26 Peng Fan
From: Peng Fan @ 2022-05-04 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marek Vasut, Fabio Estevam, Stefano Babic; +Cc: u-boot

Hi Marek,

Since you did some work on i.MX8MP USB, may I know the status?
Does host/device mode both supported in upstream?
Any plan on PTN5110 support?

Thanks,
Peng.

* Re: i.MX8MP usb status
@ 2022-05-04 12:53 ` Marek Vasut
From: Marek Vasut @ 2022-05-04 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peng Fan, Fabio Estevam, Stefano Babic; +Cc: u-boot

On 5/4/22 14:26, Peng Fan wrote:
> Hi Marek,

Hi,

> Since you did some work on i.MX8MP USB, may I know the status?
> Does host/device mode both supported in upstream?

I only have HOST option available, so for me this is only HOST.

I did not test GADGET or OTG .

> Any plan on PTN5110 support?

I currently don't have hardware with USB-C , so not right now.

Do you plan to work on GADGET/OTG/USB-C ?

* Re: i.MX8MP usb status
@ 2022-05-05  1:54   ` Peng Fan (OSS)
From: Peng Fan (OSS) @ 2022-05-05  1:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marek Vasut, Peng Fan, Fabio Estevam, Stefano Babic; +Cc: u-boot

On 2022/5/4 20:53, Marek Vasut wrote:
> On 5/4/22 14:26, Peng Fan wrote:
>> Hi Marek,
>
> Hi,
>
>> Since you did some work on i.MX8MP USB, may I know the status?
>> Does host/device mode both supported in upstream?
>
> I only have HOST option available, so for me this is only HOST.
>
> I did not test GADGET or OTG .
>
>> Any plan on PTN5110 support?
>
> I currently don't have hardware with USB-C , so not right now.
>
> Do you plan to work on GADGET/OTG/USB-C ?

Typec interface exists in almost all i.MX8M EVK boards. So
I am thinking to enable gadget together with PTN5110 for uuu, but
seems typec requires quite lot work if porting linux code or we
reuse NXP U-Boot downstream ptn5110 code.

Thanks,
Peng.

* Re: i.MX8MP usb status
@ 2022-05-05 17:38     ` Marek Vasut
From: Marek Vasut @ 2022-05-05 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peng Fan (OSS), Peng Fan, Fabio Estevam, Stefano Babic; +Cc: u-boot

On 5/5/22 03:54, Peng Fan (OSS) wrote:

> On 2022/5/4 20:53, Marek Vasut wrote:
>> On 5/4/22 14:26, Peng Fan wrote:
>>> Hi Marek,
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> Since you did some work on i.MX8MP USB, may I know the status?
>>> Does host/device mode both supported in upstream?
>>
>> I only have HOST option available, so for me this is only HOST.
>>
>> I did not test GADGET or OTG .
>>
>>> Any plan on PTN5110 support?
>>
>> I currently don't have hardware with USB-C , so not right now.
>>
>> Do you plan to work on GADGET/OTG/USB-C ?
>
> Typec interface exists in almost all i.MX8M EVK boards. So
> I am thinking to enable gadget together with PTN5110 for uuu, but
> seems typec requires quite lot work if porting linux code or we
> reuse NXP U-Boot downstream ptn5110 code.

What's the problem with porting mainline Linux code ? (that would be the
preferred approach, because then we could synchronize fixes from Linux)

If all you care about is mode switching between host/gadget, then a
simpler driver might be preferred though.

* Re: i.MX8MP usb status
@ 2022-05-05 18:05     ` Tim Harvey
From: Tim Harvey @ 2022-05-05 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peng Fan (OSS)
  Cc: Marek Vasut, Peng Fan, Fabio Estevam, Stefano Babic, u-boot

On Wed, May 4, 2022 at 6:54 PM Peng Fan (OSS) <peng.fan@oss.nxp.com> wrote:

> On 2022/5/4 20:53, Marek Vasut wrote:
> > On 5/4/22 14:26, Peng Fan wrote:
> >> Hi Marek,
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> >> Since you did some work on i.MX8MP USB, may I know the status?
> >> Does host/device mode both supported in upstream?
> >
> > I only have HOST option available, so for me this is only HOST.
> >
> > I did not test GADGET or OTG .
> >
> >> Any plan on PTN5110 support?
> >
> > I currently don't have hardware with USB-C , so not right now.
> >
> > Do you plan to work on GADGET/OTG/USB-C ?
>
> Typec interface exists in almost all i.MX8M EVK boards. So
> I am thinking to enable gadget together with PTN5110 for uuu, but
> seems typec requires quite lot work if porting linux code or we
> reuse NXP U-Boot downstream ptn5110 code.
>
> Thanks,
> Peng.

Peng,

The imx8mp-venice-gw74xx has a Type-C connector on it with USB3.0 as
well (uses a TPS25821 source controller/power-switch which doesn't
have any I2C interface thus no driver). Please cc me if you come up
with a DWC3 OTG gadget driver and I can test it on this board.

Best Regards,

Tim

* Re: i.MX8MP usb status
@ 2022-05-16 15:41       ` Marcel Ziswiler
From: Marcel Ziswiler @ 2022-05-16 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: peng.fan, tharvey; +Cc: peng.fan, marex, festevam, sbabic, u-boot

Hi Peng

On Thu, 2022-05-05 at 11:05 -0700, Tim Harvey wrote:
> On Wed, May 4, 2022 at 6:54 PM Peng Fan (OSS) <peng.fan@oss.nxp.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,

> > > I only have HOST option available, so for me this is only HOST.
> > >
> > > I did not test GADGET or OTG .

> > > I currently don't have hardware with USB-C , so not right now.
> > >
> > > Do you plan to work on GADGET/OTG/USB-C ?
> >
> > Typec interface exists in almost all i.MX8M EVK boards. So
> > I am thinking to enable gadget together with PTN5110 for uuu, but
> > seems typec requires quite lot work if porting linux code or we
> > reuse NXP U-Boot downstream ptn5110 code.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Peng.
> >

> Peng,
>
> The imx8mp-venice-gw74xx has a Type-C connector on it with USB3.0 as
> well (uses a TPS25821 source controller/power-switch which doesn't
> have any I2C interface thus no driver). Please cc me if you come up
> with a DWC3 OTG gadget driver and I can test it on this board.

Verdin iMX8M Plus resp. it's two current carrier boards Dahlia and the Verdin Development Board both use a
TUSB321AI Type-C Configuration Channel Logic and Port Control chip. We could also help testing on there once
somebody tackles the DWC3 OTG stuff for the i.MX 8M Plus.

Talking about uuu, has anybody managed to get that going on the i.MX 8M Mini yet? Regular USB device/host
functionality works great but last I tried gadget functionality in SPL it gave me quite some grief.

> Best Regards,
>
> Tim

Cheers

Marcel

* Re: i.MX8MP usb status
@ 2022-05-16 15:50         ` Fabio Estevam
                             ` (2 more replies)
From: Fabio Estevam @ 2022-05-16 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcel Ziswiler
  Cc: peng.fan, tharvey, peng.fan, marex, sbabic, u-boot, tommaso.merciai

Hi Marcel,

On 16/05/2022 12:41, Marcel Ziswiler wrote:

> Talking about uuu, has anybody managed to get that going on the i.MX
> 8M Mini yet? Regular USB device/host
> functionality works great but last I tried gadget functionality in SPL
> it gave me quite some grief.

Please see this series:
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=251796&state=*

I haven't had a chance to rework it. Feel free to work to submit it
if you have a chance.

Tommaso has recently tested it:
https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=u-boot@lists.denx.de&q=subject:%22Re%5C%3A+iMX8MM+USB+support%5C%3F%22&o=newest&f=1

Someone needs to rework this series and resubmit it.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-60 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email:
festevam@denx.de

* Re: i.MX8MP usb status
@ 2022-05-17  6:25           ` Tommaso Merciai
From: Tommaso Merciai @ 2022-05-17  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabio Estevam
  Cc: Marcel Ziswiler, peng.fan, tharvey, peng.fan, marex, sbabic, u-boot

On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 12:50:34PM -0300, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> Hi Marcel,
>
> On 16/05/2022 12:41, Marcel Ziswiler wrote:
>
> > Talking about uuu, has anybody managed to get that going on the i.MX
> > 8M Mini yet? Regular USB device/host
> > functionality works great but last I tried gadget functionality in SPL
> > it gave me quite some grief.
>
> Please see this series:
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=251796&state=*
>
> I haven't had a chance to rework it. Feel free to work to submit it
> if you have a chance.
>
> Tommaso has recently tested it:
> https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=u-boot@lists.denx.de&q=subject:%22Re%5C%3A+iMX8MM+USB+support%5C%3F%22&o=newest&f=1
>
> Someone needs to rework this series and resubmit it.

Hi All,
Confirm that uuu works on iMX8MM U-Boot Mainline. I have locally a
patchset suggested by Fabio that make uuu works on iMX8MM SOC.

Regards,
Tommaso

> Regards,
>
> Fabio Estevam
> --
> DENX Software Engineering GmbH,      Managing Director: Wolfgang Denk
> Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-60 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: festevam@denx.de

--
Tommaso Merciai
Embedded Linux Engineer
tommaso.merciai@amarulasolutions.com
__________________________________

Amarula Solutions SRL
Via Le Canevare 30, 31100 Treviso, Veneto, IT
T. +39 042 243 5310
info@amarulasolutions.com
www.amarulasolutions.com

* Re: i.MX8MP usb status
@ 2022-05-18 16:25           ` Tim Harvey
From: Tim Harvey @ 2022-05-18 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabio Estevam, Peng Fan (OSS), Marek Vasut, Simon Glass
  Cc: Marcel Ziswiler, Peng Fan, Stefano Babic, u-boot, Tommaso Merciai

On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 8:50 AM Fabio Estevam <festevam@denx.de> wrote:

> Hi Marcel,
>
> On 16/05/2022 12:41, Marcel Ziswiler wrote:
>
> > Talking about uuu, has anybody managed to get that going on the i.MX
> > 8M Mini yet? Regular USB device/host
> > functionality works great but last I tried gadget functionality in SPL
> > it gave me quite some grief.
>
> Please see this series:
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=251796&state=*
>
> I haven't had a chance to rework it. Feel free to work to submit it
> if you have a chance.
>
> Tommaso has recently tested it:
> https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=u-boot@lists.denx.de&q=subject:%22Re%5C%3A+iMX8MM+USB+support%5C%3F%22&o=newest&f=1
>
> Someone needs to rework this series and resubmit it.

This keeps coming up and many of us are just carrying this patch
series in downstream repos which is horrible.

The problem patch in this series [1] is 'imx8mm: Fix USB reg addresses
for i.MX8MM' [2] as we all want to get hard-coded base addresses out
of the drivers. The proposed solution is to get the controller base
addresses from PLATDATA in the SPL (and DM/DT for U-Boot). Can anyone
take this part on or provide some examples of how to use
platdata/of-platdata?

Best Regards,

Tim
[1] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=251796&state=*
[2] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/patch/20210703195837.28153-2-festevam@denx.de/

* Re: i.MX8MP usb status
@ 2022-05-18 17:24             ` Fabio Estevam
From: Fabio Estevam @ 2022-05-18 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim Harvey
  Cc: Fabio Estevam, Peng Fan (OSS),
	Marek Vasut, Simon Glass, Marcel Ziswiler, Peng Fan,
	Stefano Babic, u-boot, Tommaso Merciai

Hi Tim,

On Wed, May 18, 2022 at 1:26 PM Tim Harvey <tharvey@gateworks.com> wrote:

> This keeps coming up and many of us are just carrying this patch
> series in downstream repos which is horrible.
>
> The problem patch in this series [1] is 'imx8mm: Fix USB reg addresses
> for i.MX8MM' [2] as we all want to get hard-coded base addresses out
> of the drivers. The proposed solution is to get the controller base
> addresses from PLATDATA in the SPL (and DM/DT for U-Boot). Can anyone
> take this part on or provide some examples of how to use
> platdata/of-platdata?

Never used platdata myself, but this doc seems to explain it well:
https://u-boot.readthedocs.io/en/latest/develop/driver-model/of-plat.html

* Re: i.MX8MP usb status
@ 2022-05-20  6:57             ` Mircea Ciocan
From: Mircea Ciocan @ 2022-05-20  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 17.05.22 08:25, Tommaso Merciai wrote:
> On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 12:50:34PM -0300, Fabio Estevam wrote:
>> Hi Marcel,
>>
>> On 16/05/2022 12:41, Marcel Ziswiler wrote:
>>
>>> Talking about uuu, has anybody managed to get that going on the i.MX
>>> 8M Mini yet? Regular USB device/host
>>> functionality works great but last I tried gadget functionality in SPL
>>> it gave me quite some grief.
>> Please see this series:
>> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=251796&state=*
>>
>> I haven't had a chance to rework it. Feel free to work to submit it
>> if you have a chance.
>>
>> Tommaso has recently tested it:
>> https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=u-boot@lists.denx.de&q=subject:%22Re%5C%3A+iMX8MM+USB+support%5C%3F%22&o=newest&f=1
>>
>> Someone needs to rework this series and resubmit it.
> Hi All,
> Confirm that uuu works on iMX8MM U-Boot Mainline. I have locally a
> patchset suggested by Fabio that make uuu works on iMX8MM SOC.
>
> Regards,
> Tommaso
>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Fabio Estevam
>> --
>> DENX Software Engineering GmbH,      Managing Director: Wolfgang Denk
>> HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany
>> Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-60 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: festevam@denx.de
Hi Tommaso,

are you willing to share a parch that applies cleanly to 2022.07-rc2, I
end of 2020, but it seems that I'm missing some, because I still get
references to non-exiting functions and such .

iMX8MM is now a "hot" MCU, that had the SPL SDP functionality working
perfectly with the NXP tree, I still don't understand why a (maybe) not
elegant implementation was removed without being replaced with, well,
anything, and in the process the activation of DM_xxx and DM_SPL_xxx
made a mess of everything and producing a series of misleading
compilation errors.

Kindly please post the patch here if possible, so the poor souls that
still need SPL SDP functionality for iMX8MM to be able to use it.

  Many thanks and regards,

Mircea

* Re: i.MX8MP usb status
@ 2022-05-20  8:34           ` Tommaso Merciai
From: Tommaso Merciai @ 2022-05-20  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabio Estevam
  Cc: Marcel Ziswiler, peng.fan, tharvey, peng.fan, marex, sbabic,
	u-boot, Mircea Ciocan

On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 12:50:34PM -0300, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> Hi Marcel,
>
> On 16/05/2022 12:41, Marcel Ziswiler wrote:
>
> > Talking about uuu, has anybody managed to get that going on the i.MX
> > 8M Mini yet? Regular USB device/host
> > functionality works great but last I tried gadget functionality in SPL
> > it gave me quite some grief.
>
> Please see this series:
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=251796&state=*
>
> I haven't had a chance to rework it. Feel free to work to submit it
> if you have a chance.
>
> Tommaso has recently tested it:
> https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=u-boot@lists.denx.de&q=subject:%22Re%5C%3A+iMX8MM+USB+support%5C%3F%22&o=newest&f=1

Hi Fabio,
I share here a more recent version of your series:

https://patchwork.amarulasolutions.com/project/linux-amarula/list/?series=371

This series brings USB gadget support for i.MX8MM
and allows the usage of the Serial Download Protocol,
which is a convenient way for loading U-Boot via the
'uuu' tool and and flashing the eMMC via the U-Boot
'ums' command.

Tested on board based on iMX8MM SOC:

U-Boot SPL 2022.04-00114-gd04ac0fd3a-dirty (May 20 2022 - 10:12:08 +0200)

DEBUG
Normal Boot
WDT:   Started watchdog@30280000 with servicing (60s timeout)
Trying to boot from USB SDP
SDP: initialize...
SDP: handle requests...
Downloading file of size 2366576 to 0x40400000... done
Jumping to header at 0x40400000
Header Tag is not an IMX image
Found header at 0x4041e1a0
NOTICE:  BL31: v2.2(release):android-11.0.0_1.2.0-rc2-0-gcb435ee78
NOTICE:  BL31: Built : 16:43:13, Feb  1 2022

welcome to lk/MP

boot args 0x2000000 0xbe000000 0x2000 0x0
initializing trusty (Built: 12:13:25 Nov 19 2020)
Initializing Trusted OS SMC handler
avb: Initializing AVB App
hwcrypto: Initializing
caam_drv: 318: job failed (0x2000055b)
trusty_gatekeeper: Initializing
hwrng_caam: Init HWRNG service provider
hwrng_srv: Start HWRNG service
hwcrypto_caam: Init HWCRYPTO service provider
hwcrypto_srv: Start HWCRYPTO service
hwkey_caam: Init HWKEY service provider
hwkey_caam: 183: Invalid magic, unpack key package fail.
hwkey_srv: Start HWKEY service
hwcrypto: enter main event loop

U-Boot 2022.04-00114-gd04ac0fd3a-dirty (May 20 2022 - 10:12:08 +0200)

CPU:   Freescale i.MX8MMQ rev1.0 at 1200 MHz
Reset cause: POR
Model: FSL i.MX8MM EVK board
DRAM:  2 GiB

 - https://www.mail-archive.com/u-boot@lists.denx.de/msg410536.html

Hope this could be helpfull.

Regards,
Tommaso

@ 2022-05-20 17:08   ` Tim Harvey
From: Tim Harvey @ 2022-05-20 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marek Vasut; +Cc: Peng Fan, Fabio Estevam, Stefano Babic, u-boot

On Wed, May 4, 2022 at 5:53 AM Marek Vasut <marex@denx.de> wrote:

> On 5/4/22 14:26, Peng Fan wrote:
> > Hi Marek,
>
> Hi,
>
> > Since you did some work on i.MX8MP USB, may I know the status?
> > Does host/device mode both supported in upstream?
>
> I only have HOST option available, so for me this is only HOST.
>
> I did not test GADGET or OTG .

Marek,

Do you still have IMX8MP USB host working on top of v2022.07-rc2,
master, or imx-master? It worked for me previously at some point
applying your dwc3 glue series [1] from a repo you pointed me to that
I can no longer find but now I see an issue where device_probe fails:

u-boot=> usb start
starting USB...
Bus usb@38100000: probe failed, error -61
Bus usb@38200000: probe failed, error -61
No working controllers found

The failure is that dwc3_glue_probe fails to find 'usb3-phy' due to
that being in the phy-names node of usb@38100000 and not its parent
usb@32f10100

Am I missing a patch perhaps to dwc3_glue_probe in dwc3-generic.c?

Tim
[1] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=293112

* Re: i.MX8MP usb status
@ 2022-05-20 18:21     ` Tim Harvey
From: Tim Harvey @ 2022-05-20 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marek Vasut; +Cc: Peng Fan, Fabio Estevam, Stefano Babic, u-boot

On Fri, May 20, 2022 at 10:08 AM Tim Harvey <tharvey@gateworks.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 4, 2022 at 5:53 AM Marek Vasut <marex@denx.de> wrote:
> >
> > On 5/4/22 14:26, Peng Fan wrote:
> > > Hi Marek,
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > > Since you did some work on i.MX8MP USB, may I know the status?
> > > Does host/device mode both supported in upstream?
> >
> > I only have HOST option available, so for me this is only HOST.
> >
> > I did not test GADGET or OTG .
> >

> Marek,
>
> Do you still have IMX8MP USB host working on top of v2022.07-rc2,
> master, or imx-master? It worked for me previously at some point
> applying your dwc3 glue series [1] from a repo you pointed me to that
> I can no longer find but now I see an issue where device_probe fails:
>
> u-boot=> usb start
> starting USB...
> Bus usb@38100000: probe failed, error -61
> Bus usb@38200000: probe failed, error -61
> No working controllers found
>
> The failure is that dwc3_glue_probe fails to find 'usb3-phy' due to
> that being in the phy-names node of usb@38100000 and not its parent
> usb@32f10100
>
> Am I missing a patch perhaps to dwc3_glue_probe in dwc3-generic.c?
>
> Tim
> [1] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=293112

Marek,

I didn't explain that right. The failure is that dwc3_glue_probe gets
passed usb3_0:usb@32f10100 USB (controller dev) and tries to find
usb3-phy in the phy-names prop of that dev where-as the phy-name node
is in the usb_dwc3_0:usb@38100000 phy child of the controller instead

However, I still wonder if I'm missing a patch that deals with this or
if something just changed between testing your patch series and now.

Best Regards,

Tim

* Re: i.MX8MP usb status
@ 2022-05-20 21:31       ` Marek Vasut
From: Marek Vasut @ 2022-05-20 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim Harvey; +Cc: Peng Fan, Fabio Estevam, Stefano Babic, u-boot, Michal Simek

On 5/20/22 20:21, Tim Harvey wrote:
> On Fri, May 20, 2022 at 10:08 AM Tim Harvey <tharvey@gateworks.com> wrote:

>>> Hi,

>>> I only have HOST option available, so for me this is only HOST.
>>>
>>> I did not test GADGET or OTG .
>>>

>> Marek,
>>
>> Do you still have IMX8MP USB host working on top of v2022.07-rc2,
>> master, or imx-master? It worked for me previously at some point
>> applying your dwc3 glue series [1] from a repo you pointed me to that
>> I can no longer find but now I see an issue where device_probe fails:
>>
>> u-boot=> usb start
>> starting USB...
>> Bus usb@38100000: probe failed, error -61
>> Bus usb@38200000: probe failed, error -61
>> No working controllers found
>>
>> The failure is that dwc3_glue_probe fails to find 'usb3-phy' due to
>> that being in the phy-names node of usb@38100000 and not its parent
>> usb@32f10100
>>
>> Am I missing a patch perhaps to dwc3_glue_probe in dwc3-generic.c?
>>
>> Tim
>> [1] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=293112
>
> Marek,
>
> I didn't explain that right. The failure is that dwc3_glue_probe gets
> passed usb3_0:usb@32f10100 USB (controller dev) and tries to find
> usb3-phy in the phy-names prop of that dev where-as the phy-name node
> is in the usb_dwc3_0:usb@38100000 phy child of the controller instead
>
> However, I still wonder if I'm missing a patch that deals with this or
> if something just changed between testing your patch series and now.

There's already fix in u-boot-usb/master , see the topmost patch there.

* Re: i.MX8MP usb status
@ 2022-05-20 23:04         ` Tim Harvey
From: Tim Harvey @ 2022-05-20 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marek Vasut; +Cc: Peng Fan, Fabio Estevam, Stefano Babic, u-boot, Michal Simek

On Fri, May 20, 2022 at 2:31 PM Marek Vasut <marex@denx.de> wrote:

> On 5/20/22 20:21, Tim Harvey wrote:

> >> Marek,
> >>
> >> Do you still have IMX8MP USB host working on top of v2022.07-rc2,
> >> master, or imx-master? It worked for me previously at some point
> >> applying your dwc3 glue series [1] from a repo you pointed me to that
> >> I can no longer find but now I see an issue where device_probe fails:
> >>
> >> u-boot=> usb start
> >> starting USB...
> >> Bus usb@38100000: probe failed, error -61
> >> Bus usb@38200000: probe failed, error -61
> >> No working controllers found
> >>
> >> The failure is that dwc3_glue_probe fails to find 'usb3-phy' due to
> >> that being in the phy-names node of usb@38100000 and not its parent
> >> usb@32f10100
> >>
> >> Am I missing a patch perhaps to dwc3_glue_probe in dwc3-generic.c?
> >>
> >> Tim
> >> [1] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=293112
> >
> > Marek,
> >
> > I didn't explain that right. The failure is that dwc3_glue_probe gets
> > passed usb3_0:usb@32f10100 USB (controller dev) and tries to find
> > usb3-phy in the phy-names prop of that dev where-as the phy-name node
> > is in the usb_dwc3_0:usb@38100000 phy child of the controller instead
> >
> > However, I still wonder if I'm missing a patch that deals with this or
> > if something just changed between testing your patch series and now.
>
> There's already fix in u-boot-usb/master , see the topmost patch there.

Yep, that was it.

Thanks,

Tim