From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To: ath9k-devel@lists.ath9k.org
Subject: [ath9k-devel] Delayed Block Ack support ?
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 17:59:15 -0800	[thread overview]

hi,

Well, the point is that the receiver will know what was successfully
transmitted as it's tracking the sequence number space of the received
packets.

So, you need

* some way on the receiver to construct a bitmap from that to
determine what the current block-ack response should look like;
* add in the code to handle a block-ack request and respond with the
current block-ack window (in a manual BA, right? I forget.)
* announce you can do delayed-blockack;

Then on the transmitter:

* add in logic to transmit frames with no-ACK set;
* then add some way to know when to send the BA request - eg, once the
hardware has reported it's finished sending the frame (it won't have
an ACK, but it'll at least tell you that it's actually DMAed it out
and sent it out the air)
* .. then send the BA request
* And then add code to handle the BA response and update the transmit
side BA tracking (that's done right now by looking inside the TX
completion descriptor.)

-a