* [ath9k-devel] ATH9K PCI Question
@ 2013-03-15 17:54 C. McPherson
From: C. McPherson @ 2013-03-15 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Hello:
I am using the Ubiquity SR71 PCI in my lab using monitor mode and frame
injection. I noticed that when I inject control frames RTS/CTS, ACKs the
card is also sending out retry frames. I was wondering if there is a way
I can turn that off that in ath9k software? In other words I want to
inject 1 CTS frame, and on my wireshark machine I just want to see that
CTS frame I injected, no retry frames.

Thanks in advance
Clyde

* [ath9k-devel] ATH9K PCI Question
@ 2013-03-15 20:28 ` Adrian Chadd
From: Adrian Chadd @ 2013-03-15 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

You need to ensure that:

* you don't request an ACK if you don't want one;
* you set the hardware retry count to 1

Adrian

@ 2013-03-16 17:06   ` C. McPherson
From: C. McPherson @ 2013-03-16 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Okay, thank you for the information.

-Clyde

@ 2013-03-19 17:17     ` C. McPherson
From: C. McPherson @ 2013-03-19 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

That did not work. I did change ieee80211_monitor_start_xmit() in
mac80211 tx.c where it sets the info->flags  from:

      info->flags = IEEE80211_TX_CTL_REQ_TX_STATUS |
IEEE80211_TX_CTL_INJECTED;

to the following:
      info->flags = IEEE80211_TX_CTL_REQ_TX_STATUS | IEEE80211_TX_CTL_NO_ACK
IEEE80211_TX_CTL_INJECTED;

and that got rid of the retries. When injecting. This is because the
setting of the IEEE80211_TX_CTL_NO_ACK flag in
ieee80211_monitor_start_xmit(), allows the ath9k ath_tx_fill_desc() to
check the flags and set ATH9K_TXDESC_NOACK  properly.

-Clyde

@ 2016-07-03  5:05       ` Paul
From: Paul @ 2016-07-03  5:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel