* [ath9k-devel] antenna-chain selection in ath9k?
@ 2016-07-07 19:19 Jeon
From: Jeon @ 2016-07-07 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

I am trying to measure and compare channel state information (CSI) with
both ath9k (AR9000 802.11n series) and iwlwifi (Intel WiFi 5300)

To extract CSI, I am using
- ath9k: Atheros CSI Tool [1]
- iwlwifi: linux 802.11n CSI tool [2]

FAQ section of iwlwifi says that, it reports permutation vector. That is, a
signal from an antenna 1 does not always go into an rx chain 1, it can go a
chain 2 or 3 [3]. Permutation vector tells such information.

What I wonder is, does it apply same to ath9k. Currently, [1] does not
provide such information.

Regards,
Jeon.

[1] http://pdcc.ntu.edu.sg/wands/Atheros/
[2] http://dhalperi.github.io/linux-80211n-csitool/
[3] http://dhalperi.github.io/linux-80211n-csitool/faq.html, item #2
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [ath9k-devel] antenna-chain selection in ath9k?
@ 2016-07-08  0:15 ` Adrian Chadd
From: Adrian Chadd @ 2016-07-08  0:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Hi,

I don't /think/ the CSI dump provides vectors establishing which
stream(s) appear on which antennas (ie, for stream TX 0, the
per-RX-antenna information.) It's just a magnitude value.

(I'm about to go pull down this stuff and look at it in more detail
because I just got Osprey location service stuff going in
linux/freebsd and the last bit is the CSI information..> :-)

-a