* [ath9k-devel] fix the size of an AMPDU
       [not found] <CADxDmp4QLBeVgnCELk8ar7y=euDzbaonzP-TyjwVhALT+GFZMQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2012-06-11  8:38 ` Adrian Chadd
From: Adrian Chadd @ 2012-06-11  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

On 10 June 2012 23:47, Kamran Nishat <kamran.nishat@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Adrian ,
> Can anyone from the list can help us in limiting # of MPDUs is in a
> A-MPDU. We want to do some
> controled experiments. Making A-MPDUs of constant size will help in
> great deal. I have looked at the code. I can do some changes but I
> dont know will it change the behavior correctly without changing
> anything else or not.

Hi,

The aggregate size is determined by a couple of places in
ath9k/xmit.c. The trouble is the code doesn't "pause" and wait for
frames to appear before aggregating them, so you'll have to add some
logic to mac80211 and ath9k to do that. Otherwise all you can do is
aggregate UP to a certain level, not ALWAYS that amount.

Adrian

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-06-11  8:38 UTC | newest]