* for interested folks, i'll announce new kernel tutorials via twitter
@ 2013-03-17 13:37 Robert P. J. Day
                   ` (5 more replies)
From: Robert P. J. Day @ 2013-03-17 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

  as i don't want to seem like i'm spamming this list with notes about
new, posted kernel tutorials, people who want to stay on top of these
are welcome to follow me on twitter at @rpjday. everything written and
posted will be freely available (creative commons license), and even
after it's incorporated into future training courses, even those
courses will be released under the CC so you'll never lose access to
any of it. so feel free to play along.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca

* for interested folks, i'll announce new kernel tutorials via twitter
@ 2013-03-17 14:26 ` NeonJohn
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: NeonJohn @ 2013-03-17 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

</lurk mode>

>   as i don't want to seem like i'm spamming this list with notes about
> new, posted kernel tutorials, people who want to stay on top of these
> are welcome to follow me on twitter at @rpjday. e

Please don't.  I'm probably not the only one on this list who would not
be caught dead on twitter.  I certainly welcome your announcements.

<lurk mode>

--
John DeArmond
Tellico Plains, Occupied TN

* for interested folks, i'll announce new kernel tutorials via twitter
@ 2013-03-17 14:27 ` Anuz Pratap Singh Tomar
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Anuz Pratap Singh Tomar @ 2013-03-17 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 1:37 PM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@crashcourse.ca>wrote:

>   as i don't want to seem like i'm spamming this list with notes about
> new, posted kernel tutorials, people who want to stay on top of these
> are welcome to follow me on twitter at @rpjday. everything written and
> posted will be freely available (creative commons license), and even
> after it's incorporated into future training courses, even those
> courses will be released under the CC so you'll never lose access to
> any of it. so feel free to play along.
>
> I can see why you are reluctant to post the links especially after the
last mail.
But please do post your links here, I am very sure a lot of people will
benefit from these tutorials.
I do follow you on twitter due to these posts, but this list serves caters
to much wider audience, some of whom may not even be using twitter.

> rday

> Robert P. J. Day                                 Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
>                         http://crashcourse.ca

> LinkedIn:                               http://ca.linkedin.com/in/rpjday

Thank you
Warm Regards
Anuz
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* for interested folks, i'll announce new kernel tutorials via twitter
@ 2013-03-17 14:52   ` Tobias Boege
From: Tobias Boege @ 2013-03-17 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Sun, 17 Mar 2013, NeonJohn wrote:
> </lurk mode>
>
> On 03/17/2013 09:37 AM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >
> >   as i don't want to seem like i'm spamming this list with notes about
> > new, posted kernel tutorials, people who want to stay on top of these
> > are welcome to follow me on twitter at @rpjday. e
>
> Please don't.  I'm probably not the only one on this list who would not
> be caught dead on twitter.  I certainly welcome your announcements.
>
> <lurk mode>

FWIW, the announcement mails annoy me - but the traffic they produce is
negligible and nobody wants to freeze anyone else out of here.

So if you don't want to "seem like [you're] spamming" (and I really
appreciate your circumspection), just add some unique string to the front
of your announcements, like:

"[crashcourse.ca]: new tutorials etc."

and everyone will be happy with the option to procmail them out (or
whatever works for them).

Regards,
Tobi

* for interested folks, i'll announce new kernel tutorials via twitter
@ 2013-03-18  1:29   ` Arlie Stephens
From: Arlie Stephens @ 2013-03-18  1:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Mar 17 2013, NeonJohn wrote:

> </lurk mode>
>
> On 03/17/2013 09:37 AM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >
> >   as i don't want to seem like i'm spamming this list with notes about
> > new, posted kernel tutorials, people who want to stay on top of these
> > are welcome to follow me on twitter at @rpjday. e
>
> Please don't.  I'm probably not the only one on this list who would not
> be caught dead on twitter.  I certainly welcome your announcements.

+1

> <lurk mode>

* for interested folks, i'll announce new kernel tutorials via twitter
@ 2013-03-18  5:28 ` Rohan Puri
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Rohan Puri @ 2013-03-18  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 7:07 PM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@crashcourse.ca>wrote:

>   as i don't want to seem like i'm spamming this list with notes about
> new, posted kernel tutorials, people who want to stay on top of these
> are welcome to follow me on twitter at @rpjday. everything written and
> posted will be freely available (creative commons license), and even
> after it's incorporated into future training courses, even those
> courses will be released under the CC so you'll never lose access to
> any of it. so feel free to play along.
>
> rday

> Robert P. J. Day                                 Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
>                         http://crashcourse.ca

> LinkedIn:                               http://ca.linkedin.com/in/rpjday

Hi Robert,

Its fine with me also, by sending it on this list, I think lots of people
would be benefited.

- Rohan

@ 2013-03-18  6:01   ` rakesh Bhaskar
From: rakesh Bhaskar @ 2013-03-18  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

i agree sending on this list is a better option with some tag. so that
organizing it would be much easier.

Thanks

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 10:58 AM, Rohan Puri <rohan.puri15@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 7:07 PM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@crashcourse.ca>wrote:
>

>>   as i don't want to seem like i'm spamming this list with notes about
>> new, posted kernel tutorials, people who want to stay on top of these
>> are welcome to follow me on twitter at @rpjday. everything written and
>> posted will be freely available (creative commons license), and even
>> after it's incorporated into future training courses, even those
>> courses will be released under the CC so you'll never lose access to
>> any of it. so feel free to play along.
>>
>> rday
>>
>> --

>> Robert P. J. Day                                 Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
>>                         http://crashcourse.ca
>>
>> Twitter:                                       http://twitter.com/rpjday
>> LinkedIn:                               http://ca.linkedin.com/in/rpjday
>>

> Hi Robert,
>
> Its fine with me also, by sending it on this list, I think lots of people
> would be benefited.
>
> - Rohan

G B Rakesh
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* for interested folks, i'll announce new kernel tutorials via twitter
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2013-03-19  1:53 ` Leonid V. Fedorenchik
From: Leonid V. Fedorenchik @ 2013-03-19  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 09:37:53 -0400 (EDT)
"Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday@crashcourse.ca> wrote:

>   as i don't want to seem like i'm spamming this list with notes about
> new, posted kernel tutorials, people who want to stay on top of these
> are welcome to follow me on twitter at @rpjday. everything written and
> posted will be freely available (creative commons license), and even
> after it's incorporated into future training courses, even those
> courses will be released under the CC so you'll never lose access to
> any of it. so feel free to play along.
>
> rday

Hi Robert,

First thank you for your tutorials and your work!

I think it will be more useful to have announcement on this list also.
Since this list is for kernel newbies and not for "only important
kernel announcements, please" thing.
I think most people on this list will be at least interested in what
you're doing. (especially considering the fact that there are not many
tutorials on kernel development)

Best regards and good luck with your work!

Leonid V. Fedorenchik

* for interested folks, i'll announce new kernel tutorials via twitter
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2013-03-19  6:34 ` Haix64
From: Haix64 @ 2013-03-19  6:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On 03/17/13 17:07, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>    as i don't want to seem like i'm spamming this list with notes about
> new, posted kernel tutorials, people who want to stay on top of these
> are welcome to follow me on twitter at @rpjday. everything written and
> posted will be freely available (creative commons license), and even
> after it's incorporated into future training courses, even those
> courses will be released under the CC so you'll never lose access to
> any of it. so feel free to play along.
>
> rday

Thank you.
This way concerns are separated. I appreciate this move.
btw, of course I will follow you!

* for interested folks, i'll announce new kernel tutorials via twitter
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2013-03-19 16:59 ` Alec Joseph Rivera
From: Alec Joseph Rivera @ 2013-03-19 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Keep the tutorials coming sir, would be very cool to read and pass along to
others who are also interested to start hacking around on the kernel. Kudos
to you!

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 9:37 PM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@crashcourse.ca>wrote:

>   as i don't want to seem like i'm spamming this list with notes about
> new, posted kernel tutorials, people who want to stay on top of these
> are welcome to follow me on twitter at @rpjday. everything written and
> posted will be freely available (creative commons license), and even
> after it's incorporated into future training courses, even those
> courses will be released under the CC so you'll never lose access to
> any of it. so feel free to play along.
>
> rday

> Robert P. J. Day                                 Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
>                         http://crashcourse.ca

> LinkedIn:                               http://ca.linkedin.com/in/rpjday

I don't Yahoo! anymore :-) Yehey!

@ 2013-03-18 11:16 Alexandre Borges
From: Alexandre Borges @ 2013-03-18 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

  Mrs,
 Good morning.
 Yes, I agree with Rohan.In my opinion, if someone has any problem in
receiving your message, I strong suggest
 that he/she delete it. Simple like that.
 I?m interested in your e-mails and tutorials and you shouldn?t stop
sending them because everewhere there are
 strange people who see problems where there isn?t one.
 Have a nice day.
 Alexandre Borges
 (br.linkedin.com/in/aleborges)
 On Seg 18/03/13 03:01 , rakesh Bhaskar everfriendlyrakesh at gmail.com
sent:
 On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 10:58 AM, Rohan Puri  wrote:
 On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 7:07 PM, Robert P. J. Day  wrote:
   as i don't want to seem like i'm spamming this list with notes
about
 new, posted kernel tutorials, people who want to stay on top of these
 are welcome to follow me on twitter at @rpjday. everything written
and
 posted will be freely available (creative commons license), and even
 after it's incorporated into future training courses, even those
 courses will be released under the CC so you'll never lose access to
 any of it. so feel free to play along.
 rday
 Robert P. J. Day                                 Ottawa, Ontario,
CANADA
                         http://crashcourse.ca [1]
 Twitter:
http://twitter.com/rpjday [2]