* Two quick toaster questions
@ 2015-03-16 23:33 Christopher Larson
From: Christopher Larson @ 2015-03-16 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: toaster

1) Is the toaster roadmap available anywhere public?
2) We have a desire to be able to configure packageconfigs for recipes from
toaster. Would there be any interest in such a thing?
--
Christopher Larson
kergoth at gmail dot com

* Re: Two quick toaster questions
@ 2015-03-17  0:55 ` Reyna, David
From: Reyna, David @ 2015-03-17  0:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Larson, toaster

Hi Christopher,

The best place to look right now is https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Toaster, in particular the link to “Scope and design (1.9)<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Toaster_1.9_design>”.

Yes there is interest in doing what you suggest. Right now we are focused on completing the new remote build creation feature before we move on to more advanced project content editing. However, this is a very good time to get involved, in that we are finishing up YP-1.8 and are gathering requirements and goals for YP-1.9!

FYI, if you want to see the future features already being tracked for Toaster, you can always look at the ‘future’ Toaster bugs, which can be found in this list:  “https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=specific&order=relevance%20desc&bug_status=__all__&product=Toaster&list_id=169823”

Regards,
David Reyna
Wind River Systems

@ 2015-03-17 14:54   ` Damian, Alexandru
From: Damian, Alexandru @ 2015-03-17 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reyna, David; +Cc: toaster

We're still gathering priorities for 1.9, we have so far (in no particular
order)

- user accounts and access controls; i.e. multi-tenant instances with
project data separation
- custom image configuration with package/recipe selection
- integration with a continuous-integration tool for remote building
- kernel configuration editor
- improvements in analysis modes, including diffsigs between builds

The bugzilla is our primary tool to track our features and work items -
please feel free to add feature requests there :)

Cheers,
Alex

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 12:55 AM, Reyna, David <david.reyna@windriver.com>
wrote:

>  Hi Christopher,
>

> The best place to look right now is
> https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Toaster, in particular the link to “Scope
> and design (1.9) <https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Toaster_1.9_design>”.
>

> Yes there is interest in doing what you suggest. Right now we are focused
> on completing the new remote build creation feature before we move on to
> more advanced project content editing. However, this is a very good time to
> get involved, in that we are finishing up YP-1.8 and are gathering
> requirements and goals for YP-1.9!
>

> FYI, if you want to see the future features already being tracked for
> Toaster, you can always look at the ‘future’ Toaster bugs, which can be
> found in this list:  “
> https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=specific&order=relevance%20desc&bug_status=__all__&product=Toaster&list_id=169823
> ”
>

> Regards,
>
> David Reyna
>
> Wind River Systems

Alex Damian
Yocto Project
SSG / OTC

* Re: Two quick toaster questions
@ 2015-03-18 18:44     ` Christopher Larson
From: Christopher Larson @ 2015-03-18 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Damian, Alexandru; +Cc: toaster

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 7:54 AM, Damian, Alexandru <
alexandru.damian@intel.com> wrote:

> We're still gathering priorities for 1.9, we have so far (in no particular
> order)
>
> - user accounts and access controls; i.e. multi-tenant instances with
> project data separation
> - custom image configuration with package/recipe selection
> - integration with a continuous-integration tool for remote building
> - kernel configuration editor
> - improvements in analysis modes, including diffsigs between builds
>
> The bugzilla is our primary tool to track our features and work items -
> please feel free to add feature requests there :)

Understood. Thanks both of you for the quick replies, much appreciated.
I'll keep this in mind going forward and potentially open some feature
requests for long term, and go from there. Whether we can contribute
depends on resource availability, of course :)

Sorry about the duplicate emails, I had unintentionally sent it out before
subscribing, which got caught up in moderation, and then the one I sent
after subscribing showed up with the others :)
--

@ 2015-03-18 18:56       ` Barros Pena, Belen
From: Barros Pena, Belen @ 2015-03-18 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Larson, Damian, Alexandru; +Cc: toaster

On 18/03/2015 18:44, "Christopher Larson" <kergoth@gmail.com> wrote:

>Sorry about the duplicate emails, I had unintentionally sent it out
>before subscribing, which got caught up in moderation, and then the one I
>sent after subscribing showed up with the others :)

My bad: got a moderation notification, went to check, saw a familiar email
address, accepted the emails. Oh, well :)

Belén

* Two quick toaster questions
@ 2015-03-16 20:41 Christopher Larson
From: Christopher Larson @ 2015-03-16 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)