* Re: toaster: review request for build dash board page
       [not found] <AK+VCmoAAG8gUxi9AQYk62sJbK4>
@ 2014-03-07 12:26 ` Amit Kumar Chaudhary
       [not found]   ` <AKyVCmoAAJsFUxnLKgZOH0WH3co>
From: Amit Kumar Chaudhary @ 2014-03-07 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reyna, David, Wymore, Farrell, BARROS PENA, BELEN
  Cc: 'toaster@yoctoproject.org'

Hi David,

This was just a trial review. We are waiting for your commit to be pushed so that we can properly merge with it, as per my request. In our Wednesday call.
I think I missed that part, but I do remember saying ok to rebasing the code to the latest toaster/master. I have done that now and it is available at

achaudhary/errors_warnings_ondashboard_v3

Thanks,

—amit

* Re: toaster: review request for build dash board page
@ 2014-03-07 13:35   ` Reyna, David
       [not found]   ` <AKyVCmoAAJsFUxnLKgZOH0WH3co>
From: Reyna, David @ 2014-03-07 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amit Kumar Chaudhary, Wymore, Farrell, BARROS PENA, BELEN
  Cc: 'toaster@yoctoproject.org'

Hi Amit,

Thanks. By the way, I am getting an error from HTML Validator saying that the “name” attributes are not longer allowed in <div>’s for HTML5.

  +<div class="accordion span10 pull-right" id="errors" name="errors">
--------------------------------------------------------^^^^^^^^^^^^^

  +<div class="accordion span10 pull-right" id="warnings" name="warnings">
----------------------------------------------------------^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I also had to remove those when I picked them up from Belen’s sample code for my recipe detail page.

- David

This was just a trial review. We are waiting for your commit to be pushed so that we can properly merge with it, as per my request. In our Wednesday call.

I think I missed that part, but I do remember saying ok to rebasing the code to the latest toaster/master. I have done that now and it is available at

achaudhary/errors_warnings_ondashboard_v3

Thanks,

—amit

* Re: toaster: review request for build dash board page
       [not found]   ` <AKyVCmoAAJsFUxnLKgZOH0WH3co>
@ 2014-03-10 13:31     ` Amit Kumar Chaudhary
       [not found]       ` <ALCVCmoAAVwIUyB1bwf8Cgtv27s>
From: Amit Kumar Chaudhary @ 2014-03-10 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reyna, David, Wymore, Farrell, BARROS PENA, BELEN
  Cc: 'toaster@yoctoproject.org'

Hi David,

Thanks. Fixed it, the branch containing the revised patch is available as achaudhary/errors_warnings_ondashboard_v4.

The smaller patch that makes this particular edit is also available, at the tip of _v3.

—amit

On 7 March 2014 at 7:05:32 pm, Reyna, David (david.reyna@windriver.com) wrote:
[...]

@ 2014-03-12 14:55       ` Damian, Alexandru
       [not found]       ` <ALCVCmoAAVwIUyB1bwf8Cgtv27s>
From: Damian, Alexandru @ 2014-03-12 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amit Kumar Chaudhary; +Cc: Wymore, Farrell, toaster

Hello Amit,

Regarding patch on head of
contrib/achaudhary/errors_warnings_ondashboard_v4

I am not sure why you add Javascript code inside "base.html" that only
works on the "builddashboard.html" page. Are the classes and identifiers
reused elsewhere ?

If not, the javascript code should be in the same file as the elements it
changes.

Cheers,
Alex

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 1:31 PM, Amit Kumar Chaudhary <
amit@floatingpondtech.com> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Thanks. Fixed it, the branch containing the revised patch is available as
> achaudhary/errors_warnings_ondashboard_v4.
>
> The smaller patch that makes this particular edit is also available, at
> the tip of _v3.
>
> —amit
>

> On 7 March 2014 at 7:05:32 pm, Reyna, David (david.reyna@windriver.com)
> wrote:
>
>   Hi Amit,
>

> Thanks. By the way, I am getting an error from HTML Validator saying that
> the “name” attributes are not longer allowed in <div>’s for HTML5.
>

>   +<div class="accordion span10 pull-right" id="errors" name="errors">
>
> --------------------------------------------------------^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>

>   +<div class="accordion span10 pull-right" id="warnings" name="warnings">
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>

> I also had to remove those when I picked them up from Belen’s sample code
> for my recipe detail page.
>

> - David

Alex Damian
Yocto Project
SSG / OTC

@ 2014-03-12 15:10         ` Amit Kumar Chaudhary
From: Amit Kumar Chaudhary @ 2014-03-12 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Damian, Alexandru; +Cc: Wymore, Farrell, toaster

Hi Alex,
On 12 March 2014 at 8:25:16 pm, Damian, Alexandru (alexandru.damian@intel.com) wrote:

Hello Amit,

Regarding patch on head of
contrib/achaudhary/errors_warnings_ondashboard_v4

I am not sure why you add Javascript code inside "base.html" that only works on the "builddashboard.html" page. Are the classes and identifiers reused elsewhere ?
No, not at the moment, I wasn’t sure about its placement, but it did look like something that could be used again.

If not, the javascript code should be in the same file as the elements it changes.
Yes, seems correct.

Thanks,

—amit

@ 2014-03-12 15:35           ` Damian, Alexandru
From: Damian, Alexandru @ 2014-03-12 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amit Kumar Chaudhary; +Cc: Wymore, Farrell, toaster

Would you terribly mind to make this change and push it ?
I'd like it to go into the today's upstream submission.

Alex

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 3:10 PM, Amit Kumar Chaudhary <

--
Alex Damian
Yocto Project

* Re: toaster: review request for build dash board page
@ 2014-03-12 16:03           ` Barros Pena, Belen
       [not found]             ` <AK+VCmoAAGZtUyChnw2g9Wc6N64>
From: Barros Pena, Belen @ 2014-03-12 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amit Kumar Chaudhary, Damian, Alexandru
  Cc: Wymore, Farrell W (Wind River), toaster

On 12/03/2014 15:10, "Amit Kumar Chaudhary" <amit@floatingpondtech.com>
wrote:

>If not, the javascript code should be in the same file as the elements it
>changes.

FWIW, I have been putting all javascript code in static/js/main.js

Cheers,

Belén

* Re: toaster: review request for build dash board page
@ 2014-03-12 18:03             ` Damian, Alexandru
       [not found]             ` <AK+VCmoAAGZtUyChnw2g9Wc6N64>
From: Damian, Alexandru @ 2014-03-12 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Barros Pena, Belen; +Cc: Wymore, Farrell W (Wind River), toaster

this is also a good solution :)

Alex

--
Alex Damian
Yocto Project

* Re: toaster: review request for build dash board page
       [not found]             ` <AK+VCmoAAGZtUyChnw2g9Wc6N64>
@ 2014-03-12 18:13               ` Amit Kumar Chaudhary
       [not found]                 ` <ALCVCmoAAVslUyClbwlngif8v9g>
From: Amit Kumar Chaudhary @ 2014-03-12 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Damian, Alexandru, Barros Pena, Belen
  Cc: Wymore, Farrell W (Wind River), toaster

Hi Alex, Belen,

Thanks, that’s where I have added it, pushed the branch to  achaudhary/errors_warnings_ondashboard_v6.

--
Amit Kumar Chaudhary

wrote:

>If not, the javascript code should be in the same file as the elements it
>changes.

FWIW, I have been putting all javascript code in static/js/main.js

Cheers,

Belén

--
Alex Damian
Yocto Project
SSG / OTC

* Re: toaster: review request for build dash board page
@ 2014-03-12 18:20                 ` Barros Pena, Belen
       [not found]                   ` <AK+VCmoAAKpzUyCmtQTGVB7YOjI>
       [not found]                 ` <ALCVCmoAAVslUyClbwlngif8v9g>
From: Barros Pena, Belen @ 2014-03-12 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amit Kumar Chaudhary, Damian, Alexandru
  Cc: Wymore, Farrell W (Wind River), toaster

On 12/03/2014 18:13, "Amit Kumar Chaudhary" <amit@floatingpondtech.com>
wrote:

>Hi Alex, Belen,
>

>Thanks, that¹s where I have added it, pushed the branch to
>achaudhary/errors_warnings_ondashboard_v6.

Hi Amit,

This is looking good, although you don't need lines 95 and 113, since
there is already a $(document).ready(function(){}); block in the script.
You just need to paste the additional lines inside it.

Cheers

Belén

>--
>Amit Kumar Chaudhary
>

>On 12 March 2014 at 11:33:50 pm, Damian, Alexandru
>(alexandru.damian@intel.com) wrote:
>
>this is also a good solution :)
>
>Alex
>

>On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 4:03 PM, Barros Pena, Belen
><belen.barros.pena@intel.com> wrote:
>
>On 12/03/2014 15:10, "Amit Kumar Chaudhary" <amit@floatingpondtech.com>
>wrote:
>>
>>If not, the javascript code should be in the same file as the elements it
>>changes.
>

>FWIW, I have been putting all javascript code in static/js/main.js
>
>Cheers,
>
>Belén
>

>--
>Alex Damian
>Yocto Project
>
>SSG / OTC

* Re: toaster: review request for build dash board page
@ 2014-03-12 18:25                   ` Damian, Alexandru
       [not found]                   ` <AK+VCmoAAKpzUyCmtQTGVB7YOjI>
From: Damian, Alexandru @ 2014-03-12 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Barros Pena, Belen; +Cc: Wymore, Farrell W (Wind River), toaster

Let's keep it like this for now, since I want it merged, Farrell depends on
this.

Taken in.

Alex

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 6:20 PM, Barros Pena, Belen <

--
Alex Damian
Yocto Project

* Re: toaster: review request for build dash board page
       [not found]                   ` <AK+VCmoAAKpzUyCmtQTGVB7YOjI>
@ 2014-03-13 14:13                     ` Amit Kumar Chaudhary
       [not found]                       ` <ALCVCmoAAGNbUyTQkw2GsRVYn2E>
From: Amit Kumar Chaudhary @ 2014-03-13 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Damian, Alexandru, Barros Pena, Belen
  Cc: Wymore, Farrell W (Wind River), toaster

Hi Alex, Belen,

I will submit a patch to fix it later.

Thanks for sending it out for the merge.

—amit

--
Alex Damian
Yocto Project

* Re: toaster: review request for build dash board page
@ 2014-03-15 22:13                       ` Reyna, David
       [not found]                       ` <ALCVCmoAAGNbUyTQkw2GsRVYn2E>
From: Reyna, David @ 2014-03-15 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amit Kumar Chaudhary, DAMIAN, ALEXANDRU, BARROS PENA, BELEN
  Cc: Wymore, Farrell, toaster

Hi Amit,

FYI, I noticed that your commit is missing the “[YOCTO # 4283]” line. You should probably make sure you include that when you post your final fix for this feature.

Thanks,
David

============================
commit d3d3a2c6ba71767e49a5b62fe74bf3b47688b911
Author: Amit Kumar Chaudhary <amit@floatingpondtech.com>
Date:   Wed Mar 12 18:47:42 2014 +0000

    bitbake: toaster: add errors and warnings listing

    Add the errors and warnings listing to the build
    dashboard page.

    (Bitbake rev: 2004c0fd1dd049d26279ee10a18e69e6852247fa)

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 6:20 PM, Barros Pena, Belen <belen.barros.pena@intel.com<mailto:belen.barros.pena@intel.com>> wrote:

--
Alex Damian
Yocto Project

@ 2014-03-17 13:29                         ` Amit Kumar Chaudhary
From: Amit Kumar Chaudhary @ 2014-03-17 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reyna, David, DAMIAN, ALEXANDRU, BARROS PENA, BELEN
  Cc: Wymore, Farrell, toaster

Hi David,

Right, I will take care of this in the next patches.

Thanks,
—amit

--

Alex Damian

Yocto Project

SSG / OTC

@ 2014-03-19 11:43                   ` Amit Kumar Chaudhary
       [not found]                   ` <etPan.532982de.643c9869.100@Amits-MacBook-Pro.local>
From: Amit Kumar Chaudhary @ 2014-03-19 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Damian, Alexandru, Barros Pena, Belen
  Cc: Wymore, Farrell W (Wind River), toaster

Hi Belen,

Fixed this one, combined the two calls into one, patch is available at achaudhary/combine_ready_calls

Amit Kumar Chaudhary

wrote:

>Hi Alex, Belen,
>

>Thanks, that¹s where I have added it, pushed the branch to
>achaudhary/errors_warnings_ondashboard_v6.

Hi Amit,

This is looking good, although you don't need lines 95 and 113, since
there is already a $(document).ready(function(){}); block in the script.
You just need to paste the additional lines inside it.

Cheers

Belén

>--
>Amit Kumar Chaudhary
>

>On 12 March 2014 at 11:33:50 pm, Damian, Alexandru
>(alexandru.damian@intel.com) wrote:
>
>this is also a good solution :)
>
>Alex
>

>On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 4:03 PM, Barros Pena, Belen
><belen.barros.pena@intel.com> wrote:
>
>On 12/03/2014 15:10, "Amit Kumar Chaudhary" <amit@floatingpondtech.com>
>wrote:
>>
>>If not, the javascript code should be in the same file as the elements it
>>changes.
>

>FWIW, I have been putting all javascript code in static/js/main.js
>
>Cheers,
>
>Belén
>

>--
>Alex Damian
>Yocto Project
>
>SSG / OTC

* Re: [review-request] toaster: review request for build dash board page
       [not found]                   ` <etPan.532982de.643c9869.100@Amits-MacBook-Pro.local>
@ 2014-03-19 11:53                     ` Amit Kumar Chaudhary
From: Amit Kumar Chaudhary @ 2014-03-19 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Damian, Alexandru, Barros Pena, Belen
  Cc: Wymore, Farrell W (Wind River), toaster

Edited subject line to have [review-request] in it, to make it filter friendly.

--
Amit Kumar Chaudhary

@ 2014-03-20 12:10                       ` Barros Pena, Belen
From: Barros Pena, Belen @ 2014-03-20 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amit Kumar Chaudhary; +Cc: toaster

On 19/03/2014 11:53, "Amit Kumar Chaudhary" <amit@floatingpondtech.com>
wrote:

>On 19 March 2014 at 5:13:13 pm, Amit Kumar Chaudhary
>(amit@floatingpondtech.com) wrote:
>
>Hi Belen,
>
>Fixed this one, combined the two calls into one, patch is available at
>achaudhary/combine_ready_calls

This looks good to me. Thanks!

@ 2014-03-20 15:49                         ` Damian, Alexandru
From: Damian, Alexandru @ 2014-03-20 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Barros Pena, Belen; +Cc: toaster

Taken in.

Alex

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 12:10 PM, Barros Pena, Belen <
belen.barros.pena@intel.com> wrote:

> On 19/03/2014 11:53, "Amit Kumar Chaudhary" <amit@floatingpondtech.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On 19 March 2014 at 5:13:13 pm, Amit Kumar Chaudhary
> >(amit@floatingpondtech.com) wrote:
> >
> >Hi Belen,
> >
> >Fixed this one, combined the two calls into one, patch is available at
> >achaudhary/combine_ready_calls
>
> This looks good to me. Thanks!
>

> >Thanks,

Alex Damian
Yocto Project
SSG / OTC

* Re: toaster: review request for build dash board page
@ 2014-03-07 14:20         ` Barros Pena, Belen
From: Barros Pena, Belen @ 2014-03-07 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reyna, David L (Wind River), Wymore, Farrell W (Wind River); +Cc: toaster

On 07/03/2014 13:46, "Reyna, David" <david.reyna@windriver.com> wrote:

>Hi Belen,
>
>Thanks for your advice. A few comments:
>
>>* The breadcrumb should not have the last Dashboard item. It is
>>represented by the build target + machine + completed on time stamp,
>>which should be the final, not clickable element of the breadcrumb
>
>We can certainly remove the "> dashboard" from the breadcrumb. Farrell
>did however notice that this was the only clue that this page was in fact
>a "dashboard" page, since the title is the images names.

>So, is "dashboard" purely an internal reference that will not appear in
>the documentation,

Well, yes, it kind of is: it is a dashboard in the sense that it provides
an overview of the information available for a build. But the page is
represented in Toaster by the build identifier, which right now is made of
the build target(s), the build machine and the completed on time. The
build identifier is also the page heading and the active item in the
breadcrumb.

>or should we keep this (or use some other method) to mark this page as a
>dashboard?

To be honest, I think that the fact that we call it dashboard (or summary
or whatever) is irrelevant. What is really happening is that this is the
page that represents a build within Toaster, and constitutes the point of
entry to all the information available about that build. That is why we
name it as the build it represents.

I hope this makes sense.

>We noticed that the breadcrumb for the build target is made _globally_
>clickable in the "basebuildpage.html". We can still do what you wish, I
>guess by having the dashboard page's context define a special value such
>that if it is defined there is no href, else it is display in the default
>manner with the href.

The last element of the breadcrumb should have the .active class applied
and should not be nested in an <a> tag. I have no idea what's the best way
of achieving this: I am happy with whatever you suggest! :)

@ 2014-03-07 13:46       ` Reyna, David
From: Reyna, David @ 2014-03-07 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BARROS PENA, BELEN, Wymore, Farrell; +Cc: toaster

Hi Belen,

Thanks for your advice. A few comments:

>* The breadcrumb should not have the last Dashboard item. It is
>represented by the build target + machine + completed on time stamp,
>which should be the final, not clickable element of the breadcrumb

We can certainly remove the "> dashboard" from the breadcrumb. Farrell did however notice that this was the only clue that this page was in fact a "dashboard" page, since the title is the images names. So, is "dashboard" purely an internal reference that will not appear in the documentation, or should we keep this (or use some other method) to mark this page as a dashboard?

@ 2014-03-07 10:54     ` Barros Pena, Belen
From: Barros Pena, Belen @ 2014-03-07 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wymore, Farrell W (Wind River); +Cc: toaster

@ 2014-03-06 18:36   ` Wymore, Farrell
From: Wymore, Farrell @ 2014-03-06 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BARROS PENA, BELEN; +Cc: toaster

@ 2014-03-06 18:22   ` Reyna, David
From: Reyna, David @ 2014-03-06 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'amit@floatingpondtech.com', Wymore, Farrell, BARROS PENA, BELEN
  Cc: 'toaster@yoctoproject.org'

Hi Amit,

From: Barros Pena, Belen @ 2014-03-06 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wymore, Farrell W (Wind River); +Cc: toaster

wrote:

>Dear Belen,
>
>I have pushed my first request for the build dash board page.
>I have tested for multiple build targets and targets that are
>not images.
>
>I¹ve applied Alex¹s patch for the database changes and
>manually included Amit¹s error and warning  code.
>
>    fwymore/build-dashboard
>
>The exceptions for this review are:
>· Waiting for license manifest decision
>· Waiting for image file table population from Alex
>· Issue around cached packages installed list
>We plan to review these in tomorrow¹s call.
>
>Thanks ­ Farrell

* Re: toaster: review request for build dash board page
       [not found] <AK2VCmoAADpfUxdr5wtA/mUvrCc>
@ 2014-03-06 11:12 ` Amit Kumar Chaudhary
From: Amit Kumar Chaudhary @ 2014-03-06 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wymore, Farrell, BARROS PENA, BELEN; +Cc: toaster

Hello Farrell,