* V2: review request Bug #5960 "No help text next to the "Apply" button when a filter from a different column is applied to a table."
@ 2014-03-15  5:55 Reyna, David
From: Reyna, David @ 2014-03-15  5:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BARROS PENA, BELEN, DAMIAN, ALEXANDRU; +Cc: toaster

Hi Belen,

The review branch is here:  dreyna/second_filter_5960

I will disclose that I lost several hours testing this. I will summarize what I found out:

  * For FireFox 27.0.1 (with Windows 7), the "help-inline" style was strangely limited. If present it provided only an effective "margin-left: 5px" _regardless_ of any other settings, for example for margin, font, or color (those later items were from when I was getting desperate to prove that it was noticed at all).

  * It wasn't until I tried Firefox 26.0 (Ubuntu ) or Safari 5.1.7 (Windows 7), which worked as expected, that I realized that the limitation was due to this particular Firefox (IE 8.0 was totally broken for filter popups, so forget that).

  * I may file a low level bug later just to track this issue. This is the first time with this browser that I have seen a rendering limitation. The only observable artifact is that it is aligned high instead of vertically centered.

- David

From: Barros Pena, Belen @ 2014-03-17 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reyna, David L (Wind River), Damian, Alexandru; +Cc: toaster

This is working great. Thanks!

On 15/03/2014 05:55, "Reyna, David" <david.reyna@windriver.com> wrote:

>  * I may file a low level bug later just to track this issue. This is
>the first time with this browser that I have seen a rendering limitation.
>The only observable artifact is that it is aligned high instead of
>vertically centered.

If it is only the alignment, I am not too bothered, to be honest :)

@ 2014-03-20 12:08   ` Damian, Alexandru
From: Damian, Alexandru @ 2014-03-20 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Barros Pena, Belen; +Cc: toaster

Taken in.

Alex

--
Alex Damian
Yocto Project

@ 2014-03-14 23:53 Reyna, David
From: Reyna, David @ 2014-03-14 23:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BARROS PENA, BELEN, DAMIAN, ALEXANDRU; +Cc: toaster

Hi Belen,

Thanks, the updated review branch is here:  dreyna/second_filter_5960

I will disclose that I lost several hours testing this. I will summarize what I found out:

  * For FireFox 27.0.1 (with Windows 7), the “help-inline” style was strangely limited. If present it provided only an effective “margin-left: 5px” _regardless_ of any other settings, for example for margin, font, or color (those later items were from when I was getting desperate to prove that it was noticed at all). It was maddening.

  * It wasn’t until I tried Firefox 26.0 (Ubuntu ) or Safari 5.1.7 (Windows 7) - both which worked as expected, that I realized that the limitation was due to this particular Firefox.

  * I may file a low level bug later just to track this issue. This is the first time with this browser that I have seen a rendering limitation. The only observable artifact is that the text message is aligned high instead of vertically centered.

- David

p.s. I observed that IE 8.0 was totally broken for filter popups, so forget that relic.