* [review-request] adamian/20150506_toasterloggerfixes
@ 2015-05-14 15:58 Damian, Alexandru
From: Damian, Alexandru @ 2015-05-14 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: toaster

I did a bit of refactoring on the toaster build logger which fixes some
issues, and clear up the path for future improvement.

* the "local_path" property of the Layer is now moved to Layer_Version. It
was a mistake to assign specific build-local paths to the generic Layer
information, as it is naturally a property of a specific Layer checkout,
which is what a Layer Version is.

* all the recipe paths are now relative to a Layer_Version checkout, no
more absolute paths. This allows us to link a recipe file directly to a
remote GIT repo of a Layer, if needed.

* the "namespace" (e.g virtual:native: ) part of a recipe path is stored in
a new field; all paths are now clean paths, so they can be manipulated as
such. Storing the namespace separately should also fix the
mis-identification of tasks between native and normal tasks, for example
(multiple bugs opened on this one)

* all the builds now occur under a Project. this is the first step for the
unification of Managed and Interactive modes. The UI interface is not
changed.

* django auth tables are now created under interactive mode, too. This
allows us to get rid of the atrocity of storing display state on the
front-end cookies. Another step in the unification of modes.

* some smaller fixes regarding data collection are in there.

Can you please see if this makes sense to you ?

Cheers,
Alex

--
Alex Damian
Yocto Project

* Re: [review-request] adamian/20150506_toasterloggerfixes
@ 2015-05-14 17:15 ` Michael Wood
From: Michael Wood @ 2015-05-14 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: toaster

Looks fine to me (though I'm not that familiar with the buildinfohelper
side of things).

Thanks

@ 2015-05-15  9:48 ` Barros Pena, Belen
From: Barros Pena, Belen @ 2015-05-15  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Damian, Alexandru, toaster

Sorry, I am not able to test this. I need new build data, but the builds
seem to be getting stuck at the 'checking out layers' stage.

Cheers

Belén

@ 2015-05-15 11:31   ` Barros Pena, Belen
From: Barros Pena, Belen @ 2015-05-15 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Damian, Alexandru, toaster

On 15/05/2015 10:48, "Barros Pena, Belen" <belen.barros.pena@intel.com>
wrote:

>Sorry, I am not able to test this. I need new build data, but the builds
>seem to be getting stuck at the 'checking out layers' stage.

Managed to have a look at it with help from Michael.

The recipe file information looks much cleaner.

Thanks!

Belén

@ 2015-05-21  9:41     ` Damian, Alexandru
From: Damian, Alexandru @ 2015-05-21  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)