* 7414 example for layer 'meta', is it really a layer?
@ 2015-03-11 22:07 Lerner, Dave
From: Lerner, Dave @ 2015-03-11 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BARROS PENA, BELEN, DAMIAN, ALEXANDRU; +Cc: toaster

The 7414 bug states:
"
For example, instead of
  /home/user/_poky_master.toaster_cloned/meta/conf/bitbake.conf
only
  meta/conf/bitbake.conf
"

So for example for a 'Yocto Project master' project selection with 5 layers
* the 3 default: oe-embedded, meta-yocto, meta-yocto-bsp
* and two added: meta-oe and meta-games,
then for variable "COMBINED_FEATURES", the path is exactly as in your example, but there is no layer named 'meta' is not in the layer table.

Is 'meta' a layer that is 'built-in'?

I'm using a string matching algorithm on the directory name to locate the layer in a local path string, layer name length >=4, matching either '/' + layer name or '/_' + layer name, with the layer names sorted descending so that longest layer names match first.

Dave

* Re: 7414 example for layer 'meta', is it really a layer?
@ 2015-03-12 10:08 ` Barros Pena, Belen
From: Barros Pena, Belen @ 2015-03-12 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lerner, David M (Wind River), Damian, Alexandru; +Cc: toaster

On 11/03/2015 22:07, "Lerner, Dave" <dave.lerner@windriver.com> wrote:

>The 7414 bug states:
>"
>For example, instead of
>  /home/user/_poky_master.toaster_cloned/meta/conf/bitbake.conf
>only
>  meta/conf/bitbake.conf
>"
>
>So for example for a 'Yocto Project master' project selection with 5
>layers
>* the 3 default: oe-embedded, meta-yocto, meta-yocto-bsp
>* and two added: meta-oe and meta-games,
>then for variable "COMBINED_FEATURES", the path is exactly as in your
>example, but there is no layer named 'meta' is not in the layer table.
>
>Is 'meta' a layer that is 'built-in'?

Meta is pretty much openembedded-core. I've asked Paul Eggleton why the
openembedded-core layer is called 'meta' inside the poky repository, and
it is one of those "historical" things. Not much we can do about it at the
moment, I'm afraid.

Cheers

Belén

@ 2015-03-12 14:35   ` Lerner, Dave
From: Lerner, Dave @ 2015-03-12 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BARROS PENA, BELEN, DAMIAN, ALEXANDRU; +Cc: toaster

I fixed this by adding 'meta' to the end of the list of project-specific layers names. 'meta' becomes a 'built-in' layer and is only used as a match candidate if none of the project-specific layer names match.  It looks good.  Working on the review-request for AM UTC-6:00.

Dave

@ 2015-03-17 15:02 ` Damian, Alexandru
From: Damian, Alexandru @ 2015-03-17 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lerner, Dave; +Cc: toaster