* Intel DPDK drops packets in burst mode on I350
@ 2014-04-12  9:03 sabu kurian
From: sabu kurian @ 2014-04-12  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev-VfR2kkLFssw

I350 fails to sent packets in burst mode.
However it is possible to sent 1 packet at a time using the hardware.

I350 is being listed under the 'Supported NIC's' page on
http://dpdk.org/doc/nics

This is the code I used

ret = rte_eth_tx_burst(port_ids[lcore_id], 0, m_pool, burst_size);

If I give a burst_size of 1. It works fine.
When I set it to 64 or 128, it fails.

I have allocated packets using

struct rte_mbuf *m_pool[burst_size];

for(j=0;j<burst_size;j++)
                {
                m_pool[j] = rte_pktmbuf_alloc(pktmbuf_pool);
                 }

all the mbufs were set to have

m_pool->pkt.nb_segs = 1;
m_pool->pkt.next = NULL;
m_pool->pkt.pkt_len = (uint16_t)74;
m_pool->pkt.data_len = (uint16_t)74;

Where am I going wrong ? But the same code works perfectly inside a VM

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-04-12  9:03 UTC | newest]