* [U-Boot] u-boot environment tool
@ 2018-03-29  7:19 Ran Shalit
From: Ran Shalit @ 2018-03-29  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hello,

Is there a tool to create u-boot environment from text and save into
SPI NOR flash ?

Thank you,
Ran

* [U-Boot] u-boot environment tool
@ 2018-03-29  7:57 ` Chris Packham
From: Chris Packham @ 2018-03-29  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 8:19 PM, Ran Shalit <ranshalit@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a tool to create u-boot environment from text and save into
> SPI NOR flash ?

You'll get some mileage out of tools/env. It's intended for use on a
target so that you can access the target's own u-boot environment from
a Linux userland. I'm not sure if it suits your use-case or if you
want something you can run on a different host.

* [U-Boot] u-boot environment tool
@ 2018-03-29  8:28   ` Ran Shalit
From: Ran Shalit @ 2018-03-29  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 10:57 AM, Chris Packham <judge.packham@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 8:19 PM, Ran Shalit <ranshalit@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there a tool to create u-boot environment from text and save into
>> SPI NOR flash ?
>>

> You'll get some mileage out of tools/env. It's intended for use on a
> target so that you can access the target's own u-boot environment from
> a Linux userland. I'm not sure if it suits your use-case or if you
> want something you can run on a different host.

I need to prepare the environment from text , then create the binary
and then program into spi nor flash.
As I understand now, it seems that this tool can do this.
https://bootlin.com/blog/mkenvimage-uboot-binary-env-generator/

 Thanks,
ranran