* [U-Boot] standalone application
@ 2017-06-07  5:07 Ran Shalit
From: Ran Shalit @ 2017-06-07  5:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hello,

I am trying to load standalone application.
It works fine with the hello_world example ( bin format).
Then I move to build and run another application (uc/os) in eclipse.
The problem is that the bin format is very large.
Is there a way to load other a standalone application in another format ?

Regards,
Ran

* [U-Boot] standalone application
@ 2017-06-09  1:15 ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2017-06-09  1:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Wed, Jun 07, 2017 at 08:07:11AM +0300, Ran Shalit wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to load standalone application.
> It works fine with the hello_world example ( bin format).
> Then I move to build and run another application (uc/os) in eclipse.
> The problem is that the bin format is very large.
> Is there a way to load other a standalone application in another format ?

Generally speaking ELF binaries will be able to be run.

--
Tom
From: Matthew Larkin @ 2016-09-13 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

I have found very little online about getting a standalone application up and running.
I don't have much experience in general let alone firmware level code.
What are the steps to creating my own standalone application?
I got the hello_world.bin running, but the makefiles are so complex that I don't understand why that is the only standalone app compiled when compiling U-boot as a whole.
Do I need to modify one of the makefiles?
I have read the readme.standalone, but it doesn't help much for a beginner.
Essentially I want to make my own standalone, example.bin, and have it compiled and ran.
Thanks for any insight!