* Releases of BitBake to package for Fedora?
@ 2017-11-05 15:09 Neal Gompa
From: Neal Gompa @ 2017-11-05 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core

Hey all,

Apologies if this is the wrong mailing list for this, but I'm looking
reintroduce BitBake into Fedora, but it seems like there hasn't been
releases in two years. I also cannot identify anywhere that provides
tarballs of BitBake to package.

Am I not looking in the right place?

I looked in the following locations:

* GitHub: https://github.com/openembedded/bitbake
* OE Git: http://git.openembedded.org/bitbake/
* Yocto downloads page: https://www.yoctoproject.org/downloads/tools

The Fedora package previously referenced snapshot tarballs generated
by tagged releases in OE Git, but there haven't been new tagged
releases in two years.

I'd appreciate any help here.

Thanks in advance and best regards!

* Releases of BitBake to package for Fedora?
@ 2017-11-08 11:58 Neal Gompa
From: Neal Gompa @ 2017-11-08 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bitbake-devel

Hey all,

I'm looking reintroduce BitBake into Fedora, but it seems like there
hasn't been releases in two years. I also cannot identify anywhere
that provides tarballs of BitBake to package.

The Fedora package previously referenced snapshot tarballs generated
by tagged releases in OE Git, but there haven't been new tagged
releases in two years.

I'd previously asked this on oe-core ML and was redirected to
bitbake-devel, so apologies to cross-list subs. But it was also
pointed out there that apparently BitBake has moved to a model where
they don't have stable points of releases, which seems rather odd for
a tool that is used by more than OpenEmbedded.