* gtest and gmock not added to SDK
@ 2020-05-22 20:48 Tom Hochstein
From: Tom Hochstein @ 2020-05-22 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core

The gtest and gmock packages provided by googletest are not added to the SDK by default. I assume it is because the googletest main package is empty?

I added an RDEPENDS_${PN} from the dependent package to fix it. Is there a better solution?

Tom

* Re: [OE-core] gtest and gmock not added to SDK
@ 2020-05-22 21:29 ` Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2020-05-22 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Hochstein; +Cc: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 5:48 PM Tom Hochstein <tom.hochstein@nxp.com> wrote:
> The gtest and gmock packages provided by googletest are not added to the SDK by default. I assume it is because the googletest main package is empty?
>
> I added an RDEPENDS_${PN} from the dependent package to fix it. Is there a better solution?

You can change the packages to have their `-dev` to rdepends on
`gtest/gmock-dev` for example.

Mobile: +55 (53) 9 9981-7854          Mobile: +1 (347) 903-9750

* Re: [OE-core] gtest and gmock not added to SDK
@ 2020-05-22 22:33   ` Andre McCurdy
From: Andre McCurdy @ 2020-05-22 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Otavio Salvador
  Cc: Tom Hochstein, Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 2:29 PM Otavio Salvador
<otavio.salvador@ossystems.com.br> wrote:

> On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 5:48 PM Tom Hochstein <tom.hochstein@nxp.com> wrote:
> > The gtest and gmock packages provided by googletest are not added to the SDK by default. I assume it is because the googletest main package is empty?

Are you including googletest in the image used to create the SDK or
gmock and gtest?

It looks like gmock and gtest are only mentioned in the googletest
recipe as PROVIDES, so they are aliases for build time dependencies
only. For run time dependencies you should use googletest.

@ 2020-05-22 22:50     ` Tom Hochstein
From: Tom Hochstein @ 2020-05-22 22:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 03:33 PM, Andre McCurdy wrote:

> On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 2:29 PM Otavio Salvador
> <otavio.salvador@ossystems.com.br> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 5:48 PM Tom Hochstein <tom.hochstein@nxp.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The gtest and gmock packages provided by googletest are not added to the
>>> SDK by default. I assume it is because the googletest main package is
>>> empty?
>>

> Are you including googletest in the image used to create the SDK or
> gmock and gtest?
>
> It looks like gmock and gtest are only mentioned in the googletest
> recipe as PROVIDES, so they are aliases for build time dependencies
> only. For run time dependencies you should use googletest.

Right, I should have mentioned that. I have a DEPENDS on gtest for a package in my image. To fix the SDK, I added an RDEPENDS on googletest from the same package.

@ 2020-05-22 23:05       ` Andre McCurdy
From: Andre McCurdy @ 2020-05-22 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 3:50 PM Tom Hochstein <tom.hochstein@nxp.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 03:33 PM, Andre McCurdy wrote:
> On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 5:48 PM Tom Hochstein <tom.hochstein@nxp.com> wrote:
>
> The gtest and gmock packages provided by googletest are not added to the SDK by default. I assume it is because the googletest main package is empty?
>
> Are you including googletest in the image used to create the SDK or
> gmock and gtest?
>
> It looks like gmock and gtest are only mentioned in the googletest
> recipe as PROVIDES, so they are aliases for build time dependencies
> only. For run time dependencies you should use googletest.
>
> Right, I should have mentioned that. I have a DEPENDS on gtest for a package in my image. To fix the SDK, I added an RDEPENDS on googletest from the same package.

What you have done is probably the best solution. You could
alternatively add googletest to the image.