* Doubts in RTDM Driver-reg
@ 2020-07-03 13:23 Lakshmi Dhanaraj
From: Lakshmi Dhanaraj @ 2020-07-03 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hi,

I have a Reflective Memory 5565 hardware driver which is compiled in
xenomai-3.0.5(Linux-4.9.38+Ubuntu 18.04.1) & api functions are compiled
with xeno-config flags.

The api functions are communicated with the rfm2g driver using ioctl
calls.Now my doubt is the driver calls are forwarded to xenomai kernel or
generic kernel.Is there any necessity to recompile my driver with RTDM
wrapper for real-time access.

Awaiting your response

With Thanks & Regards,

Lakshmi.D

[image: Mailtrack]
Sender
notified by
Mailtrack
03/07/20,
18:45:43

* Re: Doubts in RTDM Driver-reg
@ 2020-07-08 17:13 ` Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2020-07-08 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lakshmi Dhanaraj, xenomai

On 03.07.20 15:23, Lakshmi Dhanaraj via Xenomai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Reflective Memory 5565 hardware driver which is compiled in
> xenomai-3.0.5(Linux-4.9.38+Ubuntu 18.04.1) & api functions are compiled
> with xeno-config flags.
>
> The api functions are communicated with the rfm2g driver using ioctl
> calls.Now my doubt is the driver calls are forwarded to xenomai kernel or
> generic kernel.Is there any necessity to recompile my driver with RTDM
> wrapper for real-time access.

Porting a driver to RTDM involves more than recompiling. You need to
design the driver for the RT execution environment. Study the existing
drivers as well as the RTDM API to get an impression.

Jan