* ALSA MIDI exclusive mode ?
@ 2017-09-04 10:34 happy musicmaker
From: happy musicmaker @ 2017-09-04 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

I ready somewhere that some applications, like Bitwig, allocate(?) MIDI
ports in "exclusive" mode so that other application cannot connect to the
MIDI ports. I used Bitwig and confirmed  that after starting Bitwig in
qjackctrl you cannot connect any of the MIDI write/read ports. ( qjackctrl
MIDI option  is set to "none") I could not find any documentation on such
"exclusive" feature though ?

* Re: ALSA MIDI exclusive mode ?
@ 2017-09-04 12:50 ` Clemens Ladisch
From: Clemens Ladisch @ 2017-09-04 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

happy musicmaker wrote:
> I ready somewhere that some applications, like Bitwig, allocate(?) MIDI
> ports in "exclusive" mode so that other application cannot connect to the
> MIDI ports. I used Bitwig and confirmed  that after starting Bitwig in
> qjackctrl you cannot connect any of the MIDI write/read ports. ( qjackctrl
> MIDI option  is set to "none") I could not find any documentation on such
> "exclusive" feature though ?

snd_seq_port_subscribe_set_exclusive()

Regards,
Clemens

* Re: ALSA MIDI exclusive mode ?
@ 2017-09-06  6:27 ` happy musicmaker
From: happy musicmaker @ 2017-09-06  6:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Figured it out. The so called "exclusive" mode is because of the
application opening the port in "raw mode"
So far I only used sequencer mode in my code and this did not bump into
this situation.

On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 6:34 PM, happy musicmaker <happy.musicmaker@gmail.com