* Unable to detect / control CPU fan
@ 2015-08-08 21:38 Albert Coder
From: Albert Coder @ 2015-08-08 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi friends,

By all means I have been unable to ensure that my CPU fan works well
because it cannot be detected by /proc/cpuinfo, dmidecode, sensors,
various ACPI fan scripts etc. My laptop sometimes hangs and then shuts
down and then gets stuck at boot with black screen. But this happens
sometimes. I am of the view that my CPU fan does not function properly
and on detecting high temperature it shuts down. So far I have come to
the conclusion that there is lack of support from ACPI on my Acer
Aspire V5 571G. Another problem I face is my laptop gets stuck in
shutdown-reboot loop be it Kali Linux, be it Ubuntu. Any idea to get
around this folks?

I am using Ubuntu 14.04.02 on Acer Aspire V5 571G.

I have followed millions of links like:
https://www.linux.com/learn/tutorials/620416:discovering-and-monitoring-hardware-in-linux-1
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AspireOne/AOA150

Thanks
Albert Christ
www.coderalbert.wordpress.com
https://github.com/albertcoder/
||  If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I?d spend the first six
of them sharpening my axe. ||

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-08-08 21:38 UTC | newest]