* RadosGW load balancing
@ 2013-01-24 13:30 Gandalf Corvotempesta
From: Gandalf Corvotempesta @ 2013-01-24 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

Is possible to load balance multiple radosgw servers?
Which kind of datas should be shared between each machine or is it
fully stateless?

* Re: RadosGW load balancing
@ 2013-01-24 14:45 ` Sylvain Munaut
From: Sylvain Munaut @ 2013-01-24 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gandalf Corvotempesta; +Cc: ceph-devel

Hi,

> Is possible to load balance multiple radosgw servers?

Yes, Just use a http load balancer to redirect to several backend servers.

> Which kind of datas should be shared between each machine or is it
> fully stateless?

The radosgw process doesn't have any state of its own. Every important thing
is stored in the ceph cluster itself.

Cheers,

     Sylvain

* Re: RadosGW load balancing
@ 2013-01-24 14:52   ` Gandalf Corvotempesta
From: Gandalf Corvotempesta @ 2013-01-24 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sylvain Munaut; +Cc: ceph-devel

2013/1/24 Sylvain Munaut <s.munaut@whatever-company.com>:
> The radosgw process doesn't have any state of its own. Every important thing
> is stored in the ceph cluster itself.

Awesome. In this case I can bring up an nginx load balancer that will
balance across 1,2 or 20 radosgw backend servers.

* Re: RadosGW load balancing
@ 2013-01-24 14:53     ` Gandalf Corvotempesta
From: Gandalf Corvotempesta @ 2013-01-24 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sylvain Munaut; +Cc: ceph-devel

2013/1/24 Gandalf Corvotempesta <gandalf.corvotempesta@gmail.com>:
> Awesome. In this case I can bring up an nginx load balancer that will
> balance across 1,2 or 20 radosgw backend servers.

what about the authentication token? Is this managed by ceph or by radosgw?
If client will authenticate with radosgw1, are they also able to
execute APIs with radosgw2 with the same auth token?

* Re: RadosGW load balancing
@ 2013-01-24 15:13       ` Sylvain Munaut
From: Sylvain Munaut @ 2013-01-24 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gandalf Corvotempesta; +Cc: ceph-devel

>> Awesome. In this case I can bring up an nginx load balancer that will
>> balance across 1,2 or 20 radosgw backend servers.
>
> what about the authentication token? Is this managed by ceph or by radosgw?
> If client will authenticate with radosgw1, are they also able to
> execute APIs with radosgw2 with the same auth token?

Mmm, AFAIK each S3 request is authenticated separately by a signature.

The users and their secret is stored in the cluster and available to
all gateways.

Cheers,

    Sylvain