* RDEPENDS dependency problem
@ 2017-08-23  8:12 Stefano Pagnottelli
From: Stefano Pagnottelli @ 2017-08-23  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi to all,

I'm trying to build this layer: (https://github.com/bachp/meta-homeassistant)
using the yocto pyro on a raspberry pi 3 target and the opkg package system.

Inside the recipe (
https://github.com/bachp/meta-homeassistant/blob/master/recipes-homeassistant/homeassistant/python3-homeassistant_0.51.2.bb)
there  are some RDEPENDS with strict equal dependencies (ex:python3-aiohttp
(= 2.2.5)).

We I build the image with the opgk package system the system fail in the
do_rootfs task because is not finding the package python3-aiohttp = 2.2.5..
If I understood correctly this happens because the build system si
appending the recipe revision (PR variable) at end of package name and the
results is  python3-aiohttp_2.2.5-r0 and not python3-aiohttp_2.2.5 as opkg
is expecting.

As workaround I changed all strict = with a >= and the build complete
without errors.

My question is: It's possible to  instruct the build system to ignore the
recipe revision when it match the version of the package? Or in alternative
it's possible to automatically detect the recipe revision of the package?

Thanks in advance
Stefano
…
--

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and
those who dont

* RDEPENDS dependency problem
@ 2017-08-22  7:55 Stefano Pagnottelli
From: Stefano Pagnottelli @ 2017-08-22  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)