* powerdebug
@ 2016-01-10 15:44 Ryan
From: Ryan @ 2016-01-10 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-samsung-soc

Hi all,

I am trying to run powerdebug on Odroid xu3 board with hardkernel.

I find that when i run powerdebug, it prints all usecounts of all
clocks and regulators as 0. Which i find it strange.

Am i missing some config options?

Thanks,
ryan

* Re: powerdebug
@ 2016-01-11  1:06 ` Krzysztof Kozlowski
From: Krzysztof Kozlowski @ 2016-01-11  1:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ryan; +Cc: linux-samsung-soc

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to run powerdebug on Odroid xu3 board with hardkernel.
>
> I find that when i run powerdebug, it prints all usecounts of all
> clocks and regulators as 0. Which i find it strange.
>
> Am i missing some config options?

It depends actually on the drivers. There should be some users of
clocks and regulators so this is weird... but you said you are using
kernel from Hardkernel so I don't have a clue what they did to their
kernel. I think you should ask them about their kernel. :) This list
is rather focused on mainline Linux kernel. In my case I see opened
regulators and enabled clocks but I am using the mainline.

Best regards,
Krzysztof

* Re: powerdebug
@ 2016-01-11  1:29   ` Krzysztof Kozlowski
From: Krzysztof Kozlowski @ 2016-01-11  1:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ryan; +Cc: linux-samsung-soc

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am trying to run powerdebug on Odroid xu3 board with hardkernel.
>>
>> I find that when i run powerdebug, it prints all usecounts of all
>> clocks and regulators as 0. Which i find it strange.
>>
>> Am i missing some config options?
>
> It depends actually on the drivers. There should be some users of
> clocks and regulators so this is weird... but you said you are using
> kernel from Hardkernel so I don't have a clue what they did to their
> kernel. I think you should ask them about their kernel. :) This list
> is rather focused on mainline Linux kernel. In my case I see opened
> regulators and enabled clocks but I am using the mainline.

I just noticed that you used powerdebug, not kernel debug interfaces
directly. Please just check the debugfs - clk/clk_summary and
regulator/regulator_summary.

BR,
Krzysztof