* ##linux-msm channel on freenode
@ 2012-05-14  3:05 Samuel Omlin
From: Samuel Omlin @ 2012-05-14  3:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-msm

Hi,

This ##linux-msm channel unofficial has been launched on freenode to
help people out there communicate in time in development of linux
kernel on MSM/QSD chipsets from Qualcomm. Of course, you can also hang
out in the channel. Then, when a piece of topic you might be
interested in is come up with, you might as well show yourself up at
that point.

So, go right ahead and give it a shot. :)

Best Regards,
Samuel

* Re: ##linux-msm channel on freenode
@ 2012-05-14  7:03 ` David Brown
From: David Brown @ 2012-05-14  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Omlin; +Cc: linux-arm-msm

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 11:05:05AM +0800, Samuel Omlin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This ##linux-msm channel unofficial has been launched on freenode to
> help people out there communicate in time in development of linux
> kernel on MSM/QSD chipsets from Qualcomm. Of course, you can also hang
> out in the channel. Then, when a piece of topic you might be
> interested in is come up with, you might as well show yourself up at
> that point.
>
> So, go right ahead and give it a shot. :)

BTW, someone already created a #snapdragon and #dragonboard, which has
some overlap (snapdragon is the processor used in the MSMs, and the
DragonBoard is a devel board).  I'm not sure the traffic warrants
three channels yet :-)

David

* Re: ##linux-msm channel on freenode
@ 2012-05-14  7:36   ` Timothy Meade
From: Timothy Meade @ 2012-05-14  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Brown; +Cc: Samuel Omlin, linux-arm-msm

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 3:03 AM, David Brown <davidb@codeaurora.org> wrote:
> On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 11:05:05AM +0800, Samuel Omlin wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This ##linux-msm channel unofficial has been launched on freenode to
>> help people out there communicate in time in development of linux
>> kernel on MSM/QSD chipsets from Qualcomm. Of course, you can also hang
>> out in the channel. Then, when a piece of topic you might be
>> interested in is come up with, you might as well show yourself up at
>> that point.
>>
>> So, go right ahead and give it a shot. :)
>
> BTW, someone already created a #snapdragon and #dragonboard, which has
> some overlap (snapdragon is the processor used in the MSMs, and the
> DragonBoard is a devel board).  I'm not sure the traffic warrants
> three channels yet :-)
>
> David
>
> --
> Sent by an employee of the Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
> The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum.

There are some hobbiests in #htc-linux and other channels as well, but it
is certainly great to have a more central location to discuss these chips
and kernels.

-- Timothy Meade (tmzt on freenode)

* Re: ##linux-msm channel on freenode
@ 2012-05-14 12:39     ` Shantanu Gupta
From: Shantanu Gupta @ 2012-05-14 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Timothy Meade; +Cc: David Brown, Samuel Omlin, linux-arm-msm

certainly agree with tmzt, htc-linux is there since 2006 (previously
#htc-blueangel). It also has irc logs courtesy netripper
(irclog.netripper.com)

@ 2012-05-14 13:48       ` Sarbojit Ganguly
From: Sarbojit Ganguly @ 2012-05-14 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shantanu Gupta; +Cc: Timothy Meade, David Brown, Samuel Omlin, linux-arm-msm

Is the channel already up? I am not finding it in Freenode!

@ 2012-05-15  5:16         ` Samuel Omlin
From: Samuel Omlin @ 2012-05-15  5:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sarbojit Ganguly, Timothy Meade, David Brown; +Cc: samuel.omlin, linux-arm-msm

Hi,

Too late reply, I'm sorry. simply because my net was just back.

And, thank you for your quick feedbacks. As a matter of fact, this
purpose of bringing in this channel on freenode is to do two things so
far,
a. Provide a place where you guys that are playing or to Linux/Android
kernel source with MSM/QSD chipsets on the open-source basics can
communicate with each other.

b. Share efforts on development of Linux/Android Kernel source, just
because there is a too much lack of documentary for it.

For more information, please go over to here, http://code.google.com/p/lmkp.

@David
looks like the two channel (#snapdragon and #dragonboard) you
mentioned earlier aren't settled down on freenode. Or, I might have
missed something out there, right?

@tmzt
I really would like to hang myself out in that channel, called
#htc-linux. And, it's pretty so useful and helpful.

@Sarbojit
Yes, it has been there. So, all you need to do is just search for
##linux-msm on irc.freenode.net.

Last but not least, have fun. :)

Best Regards,
Samuel