* [Qemu-devel] Problem editing wiki page in wiki.qemu.org
@ 2011-12-18 10:38 Orit Wasserman
From: Orit Wasserman @ 2011-12-18 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aliguori; +Cc: qemu-devel

Hi Anthony,
I'm trying to edit a wiki page I create in qemu.org.

I get the following error:

Your IP address has been automatically blocked because it was used by another user, who was blocked by Mjt.
The reason given is this:
Autoblocked because your IP address has been recently used by "Chruse Arroyo".
The reason given for Chruse Arroyo's block is: "Spamming links to external sites"
Start of block: 20:21, 17 December 2011
Expiry of block: 20:21, 18 December 2011
Intended blockee: 127.0.0.1
You may contact Mjt or one of the other administrators to discuss the block.
Note that you may not use the "e-mail this user" feature unless you have a valid e-mail address registered in your user preferences and you have not been blocked from using it.
Your current IP address is 127.0.0.1, and the block ID is #132.
Please include all above details in any queries you make.

Any idea how to solve it ?

Regards,
Orit Wasserman

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Problem editing wiki page in wiki.qemu.org
@ 2011-12-18 10:44 ` Peter Maydell
From: Peter Maydell @ 2011-12-18 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Orit Wasserman; +Cc: aliguori, qemu-devel

On 18 December 2011 10:38, Orit Wasserman <owasserm@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi Anthony,
> I'm trying to edit a wiki page I create in qemu.org.
>
> I get the following error:

> Intended blockee: 127.0.0.1

> Your current IP address is 127.0.0.1, and the block ID is #132.

This looks very fishy ^^^^^

I get the same error, and I suspect everybody will.
It looks like the wiki thinks we all access it from
localhost now :-)

-- PMM

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Problem editing wiki page in wiki.qemu.org
@ 2011-12-18 10:55   ` 陳韋任
From: 陳韋任 @ 2011-12-18 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

> > Your current IP address is 127.0.0.1, and the block ID is #132.

  +1. :)

Regards,
chenwj

--
Wei-Ren Chen (陳韋任)
Computer Systems Lab, Institute of Information Science,

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Problem editing wiki page in wiki.qemu.org
@ 2011-12-18 11:20   ` Stefan Weil
From: Stefan Weil @ 2011-12-18 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: QEMU Developers; +Cc: Anthony Liguori, Michael Tokarev

Am 18.12.2011 11:44, schrieb Peter Maydell:
> On 18 December 2011 10:38, Orit Wasserman <owasserm@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Hi Anthony,
>> I'm trying to edit a wiki page I create in qemu.org.
>>
>> I get the following error:
>
>> Intended blockee: 127.0.0.1
>
>> Your current IP address is 127.0.0.1, and the block ID is #132.
>
> This looks very fishy ^^^^^
>
> I get the same error, and I suspect everybody will.
> It looks like the wiki thinks we all access it from
> localhost now :-)
>
> -- PMM

It looks like the autoblock was created yesterday and
terminates automaticallytoday (see
http://wiki.qemu.org/index.php?title=Special:BlockList&action=search&ip=%23132).

That won't help much as long as the wiki thinks that everyone
has the localhost address because the next autoblock will
block all users again.

Are block lists really useful to protect the QEMU wiki?
Neither user names nor IP addresses are unique.
Spammerscan create any number of new names.

Regards,
Stefan Weil

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Problem editing wiki page in wiki.qemu.org
@ 2011-12-18 11:45     ` Michael Tokarev
From: Michael Tokarev @ 2011-12-18 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Weil; +Cc: Anthony Liguori, QEMU Developers

On 18.12.2011 15:20, Stefan Weil wrote:
[]
> It looks like the autoblock was created yesterday and
> terminates automaticallytoday (see
> http://wiki.qemu.org/index.php?title=Special:BlockList&action=search&ip=%23132).
>
> That won't help much as long as the wiki thinks that everyone
> has the localhost address because the next autoblock will
> block all users again.
>
> Are block lists really useful to protect the QEMU wiki?
> Neither user names nor IP addresses are unique.
> Spammerscan create any number of new names.

It is not the blocklist which is useful. By blocking _users_
I just mention that this is a spammer/bot, so we have a chance
to clean up the dead users.  And since autoblock by IP is
enabled by default it triggers too.  I will uncheck the checkbox
the next time I'll block a user account.  It'd be nice to uncheck
it by default, too.

Thanks,

/mjt

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Problem editing wiki page in wiki.qemu.org
@ 2011-12-19  9:54       ` Stefan Hajnoczi
From: Stefan Hajnoczi @ 2011-12-19  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Tokarev; +Cc: Stefan Weil, Anthony Liguori, QEMU Developers

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 11:45 AM, Michael Tokarev <mjt@tls.msk.ru> wrote:
> On 18.12.2011 15:20, Stefan Weil wrote:
> []
>> It looks like the autoblock was created yesterday and
>> terminates automaticallytoday (see
>> http://wiki.qemu.org/index.php?title=Special:BlockList&action=search&ip=%23132).
>>
>> That won't help much as long as the wiki thinks that everyone
>> has the localhost address because the next autoblock will
>> block all users again.

Our MediaWiki configuration was missing the setting to use
I have added the setting, MediaWiki should use the real client IPs
now.

Stefan