* update_font_cache intercept: qemu: uncaught target signal 4 (Illegal instruction)
@ 2016-09-13 15:27 Ricardo Ribalda Delgado
From: Ricardo Ribalda Delgado @ 2016-09-13 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembeded-devel

Hi

Anyone else is getting this error while building the image:

NOTE: Running intercept scripts:
NOTE: > Executing update_font_cache intercept ...
qemu: uncaught target signal 4 (Illegal instruction) - core dumped
Illegal instruction
WARNING: The postinstall intercept hook 'update_font_cache' failed
(exit code: 132)! See log for details!
WARNING: The postinstalls for the following packages will be postponed
for first boot: liberation-fonts cantarell-fonts
NOTE: > Executing update_pixbuf_cache intercept ...
NOTE: > Executing update_icon_cache intercept ...
NOTE: > Executing update_gio_module_cache intercept ...
NOTE: Executing write_package_manifest ...

The image is usable. When I boot it and install other package,
font_cache is updated properly

Thanks!

--
Ricardo Ribalda

* Re: update_font_cache intercept: qemu: uncaught target signal 4 (Illegal instruction)
@ 2016-09-13 16:03 ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2016-09-13 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenEmbedded Devel List

On 13 September 2016 at 16:27, Ricardo Ribalda Delgado <
ricardo.ribalda@gmail.com> wrote:

> NOTE: Running intercept scripts:
> NOTE: > Executing update_font_cache intercept ...
> qemu: uncaught target signal 4 (Illegal instruction) - core dumped
> Illegal instruction

What MACHINE?

Ross

* Re: update_font_cache intercept: qemu: uncaught target signal 4 (Illegal instruction)
@ 2016-09-15  8:34   ` Ricardo Ribalda Delgado
From: Ricardo Ribalda Delgado @ 2016-09-15  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembeded-devel

MACHINE is qt5022, which is:

x86_64 + -march=btver1 -mtune=btver1

conf/machine/include/ia32-base.inc
conf/machine/include/x86/arch-x86.inc
+
DEFAULTTUNE ?= "bobcat-64"
TUNEVALID[bobcat] = "Bobcat"
TUNE_CCARGS += "${@bb.utils.contains("TUNE_FEATURES", "bobcat",
"-march=btver1 -mtune=btver1", "", d)}"
AVAILTUNES += "bobcat-64"
TUNE_FEATURES_tune-bobcat-64 = "bobcat m64"
BASE_LIB_tune-bobcat-64 = "lib64"
TUNE_PKGARCH_tune-bobcat-64 = "bobcat_64"
PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS_tune-bobcat-64 = "${TUNE_PKGARCH_tune-bobcat-64}"

Thanks!

@ 2016-09-15 16:27     ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2016-09-15 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenEmbedded Devel List

On 15 September 2016 at 09:34, Ricardo Ribalda Delgado <
ricardo.ribalda@gmail.com> wrote:

> MACHINE is qt5022, which is:
>
> x86_64 + -march=btver1 -mtune=btver1

So the compiler is probably using instructions that qemu doesn't recognise.

If qemu can pretend to be that machine then you can pass the relevant
options to qemu in your BSP, see the QEMU_EXTRAOPTIONS variable assignments
in e.g. tune-corei7.inc.  If qemu can't execute target code then you can
either ignore the messages or extend qemu.bbclass so that it is possible to
say "qemu doesn't work" in a BSP.

Ross

* Re: update_font_cache intercept: qemu: uncaught target signal 4 (Illegal instruction)
@ 2016-09-16 10:25       ` Ricardo Ribalda Delgado
From: Ricardo Ribalda Delgado @ 2016-09-16 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembeded-devel

Hi Ross

That was the issue! thanks

For the record, this fixes the problem for bobcat architecture (at least for me)

QEMU_EXTRAOPTIONS_bobcat-64 = "-cpu Opteron_G3,check=false"

Thanks!

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 6:27 PM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton@intel.com> wrote:
> On 15 September 2016 at 09:34, Ricardo Ribalda Delgado <
> ricardo.ribalda@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> MACHINE is qt5022, which is:
>>
>> x86_64 + -march=btver1 -mtune=btver1
>>

> So the compiler is probably using instructions that qemu doesn't recognise.
>
> If qemu can pretend to be that machine then you can pass the relevant
> options to qemu in your BSP, see the QEMU_EXTRAOPTIONS variable assignments
> in e.g. tune-corei7.inc.  If qemu can't execute target code then you can
> either ignore the messages or extend qemu.bbclass so that it is possible to
> say "qemu doesn't work" in a BSP.
>
> Ross

Ricardo Ribalda