* Package build files not getting copied to sysroots directory
@ 2016-06-30  7:51 Gujulan Elango, Hari Prasath (H.)
From: Gujulan Elango, Hari Prasath (H.) @ 2016-06-30  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hello

I am trying to integrate the meta-ivi layer into my distribution. When I am trying to build the audiomanager, some dependent package do_configure() fails. It looks for some packageconfig files(.pc) file in the tmp/sysroots/<machine_specifid_directory>, but this file is not there.

When I look into the dependent package build directory in tmp/work/<arch-specific_dir>/<package_name>/, I am able to see the files in the build output(libraries and .pc files). Any reason why it is not getting copied into tmp/sysroots/ directory ? Do I need specify it somewhere explicitly do get this done ?

Thanks & Regards,

Hari Prasath

* Re: Package build files not getting copied to sysroots directory
@ 2016-06-30  9:04 ` Chris Z.
From: Chris Z. @ 2016-06-30  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gujulan Elango, Hari Prasath (H.); +Cc: yocto

Check what files are added to the package of your distribution (deb, ipk )
Variable FILES_ defines what files should be added to the packages ( -dev,
-dbg, -doc ) which are installed in sysroot.

bitbake.conf specify default files which should be packed.

You can check bitbake -e <you_package> &> output.log , for FILES_  variable
and check what files are search and where.

Probably FILES_${PN} +=  would help. But that would be mi first try to find
root cause.

Also check temp/ log.do_   files

@ 2016-06-30  9:24   ` Gujulan Elango, Hari Prasath (H.)
From: Gujulan Elango, Hari Prasath (H.) @ 2016-06-30  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Z.; +Cc: yocto

I am looking into the files you have suggested. Meanwhile I forgot to mention in my original post that when I build the dependent package(dlt-daemon), I have been getting this QA warning. I have not done any changes in the original .bb file that comes with the meta-ivi.

ERROR: QA Issue: dlt-daemon: Files/directories were installed but not shipped in any package:
  /usr/lib
  /usr/lib/libdlt.so
  /usr/lib/libdlt.so.2.11.1
  /usr/lib/libdlt.so.2
  /usr/lib/pkgconfig
  /usr/lib/.debug
  /usr/lib/pkgconfig/automotive-dlt.pc
  /usr/lib/.debug/libdlt.so.2.11.1
Please set FILES such that these items are packaged. Alternatively if they are unneeded, avoid installing them or delete them within do_install.
dlt-daemon: 8 installed and not shipped files. [installed-vs-shipped]
WARNING: QA Issue: /usr/bin/dlt-example-user-func_dlt-daemon contained in package dlt-daemon requires libdlt.so.2()(64bit), but no providers found in its RDEPENDS [file-rdeps]

Thanks & Regards,

Hari Prasath

________________________________

@ 2016-06-30  9:34     ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2016-06-30  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

On 2016-06-30 11:24, Gujulan Elango, Hari Prasath (H.) wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am looking into the files you have suggested. Meanwhile I forgot to mention in my original post that when I build the
> dependent package(dlt-daemon), I have been getting this QA warning. I have not done any changes in the original .bb file
> that comes with the meta-ivi.
>

> ERROR: QA Issue: dlt-daemon: Files/directories were installed but not shipped in any package:
>    /usr/lib
>    /usr/lib/libdlt.so
>    /usr/lib/libdlt.so.2.11.1
>    /usr/lib/libdlt.so.2
>    /usr/lib/pkgconfig
>    /usr/lib/.debug
>    /usr/lib/pkgconfig/automotive-dlt.pc
>    /usr/lib/.debug/libdlt.so.2.11.1
> Please set FILES such that these items are packaged. Alternatively if they are unneeded, avoid installing them or delete
> them within do_install.
> dlt-daemon: 8 installed and not shipped files. [installed-vs-shipped]
> WARNING: QA Issue: /usr/bin/dlt-example-user-func_dlt-daemon contained in package dlt-daemon requires
> libdlt.so.2()(64bit), but no providers found in its RDEPENDS [file-rdeps]

Odd, those files are normally packaged correctly.

Maybe you could send the recipe or a URL to it so [better eyes than mine] can give it a look?

@ 2016-06-30  9:40   ` Gujulan Elango, Hari Prasath (H.)
From: Gujulan Elango, Hari Prasath (H.) @ 2016-06-30  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Z.; +Cc: yocto

I looked into the output log of bitbake -e dlt-daemon. I could see that the baselib variable expands to lib64. For e.g FILES_SOLIBSDEV expands to /lib64/lib*.so.

The dlt-daemon package build directory at tmp/work/aarch64-poky-linux/dlt-daemon/2.11.1-r0/image has the following build output where I couldn't see any directory named lib64. Probably this is the reason I am getting the QA warning as well.

.
|-- etc
|   |-- dlt.conf
|   |-- dlt-dbus.conf
|   `-- dlt-system.conf
|-- lib
|   `-- systemd
|       `-- system
`-- usr
    |-- bin
    |   |-- dlt-adaptor-stdin
    |   |-- dlt-adaptor-udp
    |   |-- dlt-control
    |   |-- dlt-convert
    |   |-- dlt-daemon
    |   |-- dlt-dbus
    |   |-- dlt-example-filetransfer
    |   |-- dlt-example-user
    |   |-- dlt-example-user-common-api
    |   |-- dlt-example-user-func
    |   |-- dlt-receive
    |   `-- dlt-system
    |-- include
    |   `-- dlt
    |-- lib
    |   |-- libdlt.so -> libdlt.so.2
    |   |-- libdlt.so.2 -> libdlt.so.2.11.1
    |   |-- libdlt.so.2.11.1
    |   `-- pkgconfig
    `-- share
        |-- dlt-filetransfer
        `-- man

Thanks & Regards,

Hari Prasath

________________________________

@ 2016-06-30 10:34     ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2016-06-30 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gujulan Elango, Hari Prasath (H.); +Cc: yocto

On 30 June 2016 at 10:40, Gujulan Elango, Hari Prasath (H.) <
hgujulan@visteon.com> wrote:

> The dlt-daemon package build directory at tmp/work/aarch64-poky-linux/dlt-daemon/2.11.1-r0/image
> has the following build output where I couldn't see any directory named
> lib64. Probably this is the reason I am getting the QA warning as well.

Yes.  The recipe isn't passing to the build what libdir should be, or the
build isn't listening.  Either way, everything apart from the dlt-daemon
build thinks libdir is /usr/lib64.

Ross

* Re: Package build files not getting copied to sysroots directory
@ 2016-06-30 12:15       ` Gujulan Elango, Hari Prasath (H.)
From: Gujulan Elango, Hari Prasath (H.) @ 2016-06-30 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: yocto

I have found the issue. The dlt-daemon package has to install it's packages in lib64 directory. There was a upstream patch available that did the trick. It has some modifications to its CMake related files.

http://git.projects.genivi.org/?p=dlt-daemon.git;a=commit;h=7f3b861410374effbba07ad71c1f1af7d922b713

Thanks & Regards,

Hari Prasath