* [RFT] GCC 6 Recipes
@ 2016-04-18  5:15 Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2016-04-18  5:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all,

I have put together a potential gcc6 upgrade recipe set, and pushed the branch to tree here

http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=kraj/gcc-6

and also at github fork of mine.

https://github.com/kraj/openembedded-core/tree/kraj/master

You need to set

GCCVERSION = “6.%”

in local.conf to enable it.

There are few recipes in OE-Core which still don’t compile e.g.

see

http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Build/14782/

any help in fixing them or otherwise fixing other layers is appreciated.

gcc6 is a major release for some info see

https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-6/changes.html

and porting guide

https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-6/porting_to.html

Thanks

-Khem

[-- Attachment #2: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail --]

* Re: [OE-core] [RFT] GCC 6 Recipes
@ 2016-04-18 19:48   ` Dan McGregor
From: Dan McGregor @ 2016-04-18 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 17 April 2016 at 23:15, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have put together a potential gcc6 upgrade recipe set, and pushed the branch to tree here
>

> http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=kraj/gcc-6
>
> and also at github fork of mine.
>
> https://github.com/kraj/openembedded-core/tree/kraj/master
>
> You need to set
>
> GCCVERSION = “6.%”
>
> in local.conf to enable it.
>

> There are few recipes in OE-Core which still don’t compile e.g.
>
> see
>
> http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Build/14782/
>
> any help in fixing them or otherwise fixing other layers is appreciated.
>
> gcc6 is a major release for some info see
>
> https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-6/changes.html
>
> and porting guide
>
> https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-6/porting_to.html

I haven't built an image with gcc6 as the compiler yet, but I did
check out your branch to try building with gcc 6 as the host compiler
(Fedora 24). I needed a few more fixes, available at
http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=dankm/gcc-6.
I fixed lzop, pkgconfig, and disabled werror on binutils.
core-image-minimal appears to be well on its way to building.

> Thanks
>
> -Khem

* Re: [RFT] GCC 6 Recipes
@ 2016-04-18 19:48   ` Dan McGregor
From: Dan McGregor @ 2016-04-18 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 17 April 2016 at 23:15, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have put together a potential gcc6 upgrade recipe set, and pushed the branch to tree here
>

> http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=kraj/gcc-6
>
> and also at github fork of mine.
>
> https://github.com/kraj/openembedded-core/tree/kraj/master
>
> You need to set
>
> GCCVERSION = “6.%”
>
> in local.conf to enable it.
>

> There are few recipes in OE-Core which still don’t compile e.g.
>
> see
>
> http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Build/14782/
>
> any help in fixing them or otherwise fixing other layers is appreciated.
>
> gcc6 is a major release for some info see
>
> https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-6/changes.html
>
> and porting guide
>
> https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-6/porting_to.html

I haven't built an image with gcc6 as the compiler yet, but I did
check out your branch to try building with gcc 6 as the host compiler
(Fedora 24). I needed a few more fixes, available at
http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=dankm/gcc-6.
I fixed lzop, pkgconfig, and disabled werror on binutils.
core-image-minimal appears to be well on its way to building.

> Thanks
>
> -Khem

* Re: [OE-core] [RFT] GCC 6 Recipes
  (?)
@ 2016-04-19  1:13     ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2016-04-19  1:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 12:48 PM Dan McGregor <danismostlikely@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 17 April 2016 at 23:15, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I have put together a potential gcc6 upgrade recipe set, and pushed the
> branch to tree here
> >

> > http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=kraj/gcc-6
> >
> > and also at github fork of mine.
> >
> > https://github.com/kraj/openembedded-core/tree/kraj/master
> >
> > You need to set
> >
> > GCCVERSION = “6.%”
> >
> > in local.conf to enable it.
> >

> > There are few recipes in OE-Core which still don’t compile e.g.
> >
> > see
> >
> > http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Build/14782/
> >
> > any help in fixing them or otherwise fixing other layers is appreciated.
> >
> > gcc6 is a major release for some info see
> >
> > https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-6/changes.html
> >
> > and porting guide
> >
> > https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-6/porting_to.html
> >

> I haven't built an image with gcc6 as the compiler yet, but I did
> check out your branch to try building with gcc 6 as the host compiler
> (Fedora 24). I needed a few more fixes, available at
> http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=dankm/gcc-6.
> I fixed lzop, pkgconfig, and disabled werror on binutils.
> core-image-minimal appears to be well on its way to building.

I had fixed lzop locally meanwhile. I cherry-picked the pkgconfig and
binutils fixes into my branch

> > Thanks
> >
> > -Khem
> >
> > --

* Re: [RFT] GCC 6 Recipes
@ 2016-04-19  1:13     ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2016-04-19  1:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

wrote:

> On 17 April 2016 at 23:15, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I have put together a potential gcc6 upgrade recipe set, and pushed the
> branch to tree here
> >

> > http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=kraj/gcc-6
> >
> > and also at github fork of mine.
> >
> > https://github.com/kraj/openembedded-core/tree/kraj/master
> >
> > You need to set
> >
> > GCCVERSION = “6.%”
> >
> > in local.conf to enable it.
> >

> > There are few recipes in OE-Core which still don’t compile e.g.
> >
> > see
> >
> > http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Build/14782/
> >
> > any help in fixing them or otherwise fixing other layers is appreciated.
> >
> > gcc6 is a major release for some info see
> >
> > https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-6/changes.html
> >
> > and porting guide
> >
> > https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-6/porting_to.html
> >

> I haven't built an image with gcc6 as the compiler yet, but I did
> check out your branch to try building with gcc 6 as the host compiler
> (Fedora 24). I needed a few more fixes, available at
> http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=dankm/gcc-6.
> I fixed lzop, pkgconfig, and disabled werror on binutils.
> core-image-minimal appears to be well on its way to building.

I had fixed lzop locally meanwhile. I cherry-picked the pkgconfig and
binutils fixes into my branch

> > Thanks
> >
> > -Khem
> >
> > --

* Re: [OE-core] [RFT] GCC 6 Recipes
@ 2016-04-19  1:13     ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2016-04-19  1:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

wrote:

> On 17 April 2016 at 23:15, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I have put together a potential gcc6 upgrade recipe set, and pushed the
> branch to tree here
> >

> > http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=kraj/gcc-6
> >
> > and also at github fork of mine.
> >
> > https://github.com/kraj/openembedded-core/tree/kraj/master
> >
> > You need to set
> >
> > GCCVERSION = “6.%”
> >
> > in local.conf to enable it.
> >

> > There are few recipes in OE-Core which still don’t compile e.g.
> >
> > see
> >
> > http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Build/14782/
> >
> > any help in fixing them or otherwise fixing other layers is appreciated.
> >
> > gcc6 is a major release for some info see
> >
> > https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-6/changes.html
> >
> > and porting guide
> >
> > https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-6/porting_to.html
> >

> I haven't built an image with gcc6 as the compiler yet, but I did
> check out your branch to try building with gcc 6 as the host compiler
> (Fedora 24). I needed a few more fixes, available at
> http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=dankm/gcc-6.
> I fixed lzop, pkgconfig, and disabled werror on binutils.
> core-image-minimal appears to be well on its way to building.

I had fixed lzop locally meanwhile. I cherry-picked the pkgconfig and
binutils fixes into my branch

> > Thanks
> >
> > -Khem
> >
> > --

* Re: [OE-core] [RFT] GCC 6 Recipes
@ 2016-04-21  3:06       ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2016-04-21  3:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have updated

http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=kraj/gcc-6

With few more patches added now. Most of packages in OE-Core are
building fine except linux-yocto on mips and ppc

ppc
http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Details/60423/

mips
http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Details/60427/

and musl builds needs few more packages to be fixed. but things are
looking good.

Thanks
-Khem

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 6:13 PM, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 12:48 PM Dan McGregor <danismostlikely@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 17 April 2016 at 23:15, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hello all,
>> >
>> > I have put together a potential gcc6 upgrade recipe set, and pushed the
>> > branch to tree here
>> >

>> > http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=kraj/gcc-6
>> >
>> > and also at github fork of mine.
>> >
>> > https://github.com/kraj/openembedded-core/tree/kraj/master
>> >
>> > You need to set
>> >
>> > GCCVERSION = “6.%”
>> >
>> > in local.conf to enable it.
>> >

>> > There are few recipes in OE-Core which still don’t compile e.g.
>> >
>> > see
>> >
>> > http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Build/14782/
>> >
>> > any help in fixing them or otherwise fixing other layers is appreciated.
>> >
>> > gcc6 is a major release for some info see
>> >
>> > https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-6/changes.html
>> >
>> > and porting guide
>> >
>> > https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-6/porting_to.html
>> >

>> I haven't built an image with gcc6 as the compiler yet, but I did
>> check out your branch to try building with gcc 6 as the host compiler
>> (Fedora 24). I needed a few more fixes, available at
>> http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=dankm/gcc-6.
>> I fixed lzop, pkgconfig, and disabled werror on binutils.
>> core-image-minimal appears to be well on its way to building.
>>

> I had fixed lzop locally meanwhile. I cherry-picked the pkgconfig and
> binutils fixes into my branch
>

>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > -Khem
>> >
>> > --

* Re: [RFT] GCC 6 Recipes
@ 2016-04-21  3:06       ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2016-04-21  3:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have updated

http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=kraj/gcc-6

With few more patches added now. Most of packages in OE-Core are
building fine except linux-yocto on mips and ppc

ppc
http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Details/60423/

mips
http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Details/60427/

and musl builds needs few more packages to be fixed. but things are
looking good.

Thanks
-Khem

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 6:13 PM, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 12:48 PM Dan McGregor <danismostlikely@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 17 April 2016 at 23:15, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hello all,
>> >
>> > I have put together a potential gcc6 upgrade recipe set, and pushed the
>> > branch to tree here
>> >

>> > http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=kraj/gcc-6
>> >
>> > and also at github fork of mine.
>> >
>> > https://github.com/kraj/openembedded-core/tree/kraj/master
>> >
>> > You need to set
>> >
>> > GCCVERSION = “6.%”
>> >
>> > in local.conf to enable it.
>> >

>> > There are few recipes in OE-Core which still don’t compile e.g.
>> >
>> > see
>> >
>> > http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Build/14782/
>> >
>> > any help in fixing them or otherwise fixing other layers is appreciated.
>> >
>> > gcc6 is a major release for some info see
>> >
>> > https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-6/changes.html
>> >
>> > and porting guide
>> >
>> > https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-6/porting_to.html
>> >

>> I haven't built an image with gcc6 as the compiler yet, but I did
>> check out your branch to try building with gcc 6 as the host compiler
>> (Fedora 24). I needed a few more fixes, available at
>> http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=dankm/gcc-6.
>> I fixed lzop, pkgconfig, and disabled werror on binutils.
>> core-image-minimal appears to be well on its way to building.
>>

> I had fixed lzop locally meanwhile. I cherry-picked the pkgconfig and
> binutils fixes into my branch
>

>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > -Khem
>> >
>> > --

* Re: [OE-core] [RFT] GCC 6 Recipes
  (?)
@ 2016-04-27  8:02         ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2016-04-27  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 21 April 2016 at 04:06, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have updated
>
> http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=kraj/gcc-6
>
> With few more patches added now. Most of packages in OE-Core are
> building fine except linux-yocto on mips and ppc

I threw this at the autobuilder.  Lots of c++ failures on various
architectures.

https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/main/tgrid, the row for SHA 91ef.

Ross

* Re: [yocto] [RFT] GCC 6 Recipes
@ 2016-04-27  8:02         ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2016-04-27  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 21 April 2016 at 04:06, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have updated
>
> http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=kraj/gcc-6
>
> With few more patches added now. Most of packages in OE-Core are
> building fine except linux-yocto on mips and ppc

I threw this at the autobuilder.  Lots of c++ failures on various
architectures.

https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/main/tgrid, the row for SHA 91ef.

Ross

* Re: [yocto] [OE-core] [RFT] GCC 6 Recipes
@ 2016-04-27  8:02         ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2016-04-27  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2016-04-27  8:53           ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2016-04-27  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Finally made errors.yp do the right thing:
http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Latest/?filter=91ef7bf5ad13304827e2ef06738f7fc28ed650f6&type=commit
is a list of all the failures.

Ross

On 27 April 2016 at 09:02, Burton, Ross <ross.burton@intel.com> wrote:

> On 21 April 2016 at 04:06, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have updated
>>
>> http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=kraj/gcc-6
>>
>> With few more patches added now. Most of packages in OE-Core are
>> building fine except linux-yocto on mips and ppc
>>

> I threw this at the autobuilder.  Lots of c++ failures on various
> architectures.
>
> https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/main/tgrid, the row for SHA 91ef.
>
> Ross

* Re: [yocto] [RFT] GCC 6 Recipes
@ 2016-04-27  8:53           ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2016-04-27  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

From: Burton, Ross @ 2016-04-27  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Finally made errors.yp do the right thing:
http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Latest/?filter=91ef7bf5ad13304827e2ef06738f7fc28ed650f6&type=commit
is a list of all the failures.

Ross

On 27 April 2016 at 09:02, Burton, Ross <ross.burton@intel.com> wrote:

> On 21 April 2016 at 04:06, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have updated
>>
>> http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=kraj/gcc-6
>>
>> With few more patches added now. Most of packages in OE-Core are
>> building fine except linux-yocto on mips and ppc
>>

> I threw this at the autobuilder.  Lots of c++ failures on various
> architectures.
>
> https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/main/tgrid, the row for SHA 91ef.
>
> Ross

* Re: [OE-core] [RFT] GCC 6 Recipes
  (?)
@ 2016-04-27 17:53             ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2016-04-27 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

thanks I think most of them come to these categories. So any help in
fixing them is welcome.

1. kernel older than 4.4, backport needed fixed into these branches or
move to newer kernels.
2. uboot dont have gcc6 compiler header files, backport the needed fixes
2. meta-qt4 needs to use gnu++98
3. gcc6 providing its own stdlib.h in libstdc++
4. gcc6 swtiching to gnu++14 for C++ as default.
5. GPLv2-only versions of recipes are simply old will need fixing

I will take a stab at fixing the nativesdk recipes which is mostly due
to stdlib.h issue.

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 1:53 AM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton@intel.com> wrote:
> Finally made errors.yp do the right thing:
> http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Latest/?filter=91ef7bf5ad13304827e2ef06738f7fc28ed650f6&type=commit
> is a list of all the failures.
>
> Ross
>
> On 27 April 2016 at 09:02, Burton, Ross <ross.burton@intel.com> wrote:
>>

>> On 21 April 2016 at 04:06, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I have updated
>>>
>>> http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=kraj/gcc-6
>>>
>>> With few more patches added now. Most of packages in OE-Core are
>>> building fine except linux-yocto on mips and ppc
>>

>> I threw this at the autobuilder.  Lots of c++ failures on various
>> architectures.
>>
>> https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/main/tgrid, the row for SHA 91ef.
>>
>> Ross

* Re: [yocto] [RFT] GCC 6 Recipes
@ 2016-04-27 17:53             ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2016-04-27 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

From: Khem Raj @ 2016-04-27 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

thanks I think most of them come to these categories. So any help in
fixing them is welcome.

1. kernel older than 4.4, backport needed fixed into these branches or
move to newer kernels.
2. uboot dont have gcc6 compiler header files, backport the needed fixes
2. meta-qt4 needs to use gnu++98
3. gcc6 providing its own stdlib.h in libstdc++
4. gcc6 swtiching to gnu++14 for C++ as default.
5. GPLv2-only versions of recipes are simply old will need fixing

I will take a stab at fixing the nativesdk recipes which is mostly due
to stdlib.h issue.

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 1:53 AM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton@intel.com> wrote:
> Finally made errors.yp do the right thing:
> http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Latest/?filter=91ef7bf5ad13304827e2ef06738f7fc28ed650f6&type=commit
> is a list of all the failures.
>
> Ross
>
> On 27 April 2016 at 09:02, Burton, Ross <ross.burton@intel.com> wrote:
>>

>> On 21 April 2016 at 04:06, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I have updated
>>>
>>> http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=kraj/gcc-6
>>>
>>> With few more patches added now. Most of packages in OE-Core are
>>> building fine except linux-yocto on mips and ppc
>>

>> I threw this at the autobuilder.  Lots of c++ failures on various
>> architectures.
>>
>> https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/main/tgrid, the row for SHA 91ef.
>>
>> Ross

* Re: [OE-core] [RFT] GCC 6 Recipes
  (?)
@ 2016-04-27 18:06               ` Mark Hatle
From: Mark Hatle @ 2016-04-27 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj, Burton, Ross

On 4/27/16 12:53 PM, Khem Raj wrote:
> thanks I think most of them come to these categories. So any help in
> fixing them is welcome.
>
> 1. kernel older than 4.4, backport needed fixed into these branches or
> move to newer kernels.
> 2. uboot dont have gcc6 compiler header files, backport the needed fixes
> 2. meta-qt4 needs to use gnu++98
> 3. gcc6 providing its own stdlib.h in libstdc++
> 4. gcc6 swtiching to gnu++14 for C++ as default.
> 5. GPLv2-only versions of recipes are simply old will need fixing

From a -very- brief look, I suspect each of these fixes will be fairly simple.
So as we move into the next oe-core phase, we should be able get through this
pretty quickly.

--Mark

> I will take a stab at fixing the nativesdk recipes which is mostly due
> to stdlib.h issue.
>

> On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 1:53 AM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton@intel.com> wrote:
>> Finally made errors.yp do the right thing:
>> http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Latest/?filter=91ef7bf5ad13304827e2ef06738f7fc28ed650f6&type=commit
>> is a list of all the failures.
>>
>> Ross

>>> I threw this at the autobuilder.  Lots of c++ failures on various
>>> architectures.
>>>
>>> https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/main/tgrid, the row for SHA 91ef.
>>>
>>> Ross

* Re: [yocto] [RFT] GCC 6 Recipes
@ 2016-04-27 18:06               ` Mark Hatle
From: Mark Hatle @ 2016-04-27 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj, Burton, Ross

On 4/27/16 12:53 PM, Khem Raj wrote:
> thanks I think most of them come to these categories. So any help in
> fixing them is welcome.
>
> 1. kernel older than 4.4, backport needed fixed into these branches or
> move to newer kernels.
> 2. uboot dont have gcc6 compiler header files, backport the needed fixes
> 2. meta-qt4 needs to use gnu++98
> 3. gcc6 providing its own stdlib.h in libstdc++
> 4. gcc6 swtiching to gnu++14 for C++ as default.
> 5. GPLv2-only versions of recipes are simply old will need fixing

From a -very- brief look, I suspect each of these fixes will be fairly simple.
So as we move into the next oe-core phase, we should be able get through this
pretty quickly.

--Mark

> I will take a stab at fixing the nativesdk recipes which is mostly due
> to stdlib.h issue.
>

> On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 1:53 AM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton@intel.com> wrote:
>> Finally made errors.yp do the right thing:
>> http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Latest/?filter=91ef7bf5ad13304827e2ef06738f7fc28ed650f6&type=commit
>> is a list of all the failures.
>>
>> Ross

>>> I threw this at the autobuilder.  Lots of c++ failures on various
>>> architectures.
>>>
>>> https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/main/tgrid, the row for SHA 91ef.
>>>
>>> Ross

* Re: [OE-core] [yocto] [RFT] GCC 6 Recipes
@ 2016-04-27 18:06               ` Mark Hatle
From: Mark Hatle @ 2016-04-27 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj, Burton, Ross

On 4/27/16 12:53 PM, Khem Raj wrote:
> thanks I think most of them come to these categories. So any help in
> fixing them is welcome.
>
> 1. kernel older than 4.4, backport needed fixed into these branches or
> move to newer kernels.
> 2. uboot dont have gcc6 compiler header files, backport the needed fixes
> 2. meta-qt4 needs to use gnu++98
> 3. gcc6 providing its own stdlib.h in libstdc++
> 4. gcc6 swtiching to gnu++14 for C++ as default.
> 5. GPLv2-only versions of recipes are simply old will need fixing

From a -very- brief look, I suspect each of these fixes will be fairly simple.
So as we move into the next oe-core phase, we should be able get through this
pretty quickly.

--Mark

> I will take a stab at fixing the nativesdk recipes which is mostly due
> to stdlib.h issue.
>

> On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 1:53 AM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton@intel.com> wrote:
>> Finally made errors.yp do the right thing:
>> http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Latest/?filter=91ef7bf5ad13304827e2ef06738f7fc28ed650f6&type=commit
>> is a list of all the failures.
>>
>> Ross

>>> I threw this at the autobuilder.  Lots of c++ failures on various
>>> architectures.
>>>
>>> https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/main/tgrid, the row for SHA 91ef.
>>>
>>> Ross

* Re: [OE-core] [RFT] GCC 6 Recipes
@ 2016-04-27 22:10               ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2016-04-27 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 10:53:52AM -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
> thanks I think most of them come to these categories. So any help in
> fixing them is welcome.
>
> 1. kernel older than 4.4, backport needed fixed into these branches or
> move to newer kernels.
> 2. uboot dont have gcc6 compiler header files, backport the needed fixes

9b2c282b348dfe966bbba967dc7a45ce817cce50 from mainline.

> 2. meta-qt4 needs to use gnu++98
> 3. gcc6 providing its own stdlib.h in libstdc++
> 4. gcc6 swtiching to gnu++14 for C++ as default.
> 5. GPLv2-only versions of recipes are simply old will need fixing
>
> I will take a stab at fixing the nativesdk recipes which is mostly due
> to stdlib.h issue.

Please do, I'd like to see some SDKs so I can get more U-Boot testing
done with gcc-6 :)

--
Tom

* Re: [yocto] [RFT] GCC 6 Recipes
@ 2016-04-27 22:10               ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2016-04-27 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2016-04-28  7:08                 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2016-04-28  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On Apr 27, 2016, at 3:10 PM, Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 10:53:52AM -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
>> thanks I think most of them come to these categories. So any help in
>> fixing them is welcome.
>>
>> 1. kernel older than 4.4, backport needed fixed into these branches or
>> move to newer kernels.
>> 2. uboot dont have gcc6 compiler header files, backport the needed fixes
>
> 9b2c282b348dfe966bbba967dc7a45ce817cce50 from mainline.
>
>> 2. meta-qt4 needs to use gnu++98
>> 3. gcc6 providing its own stdlib.h in libstdc++
>> 4. gcc6 swtiching to gnu++14 for C++ as default.
>> 5. GPLv2-only versions of recipes are simply old will need fixing
>>
>> I will take a stab at fixing the nativesdk recipes which is mostly due
>> to stdlib.h issue.
>
> Please do, I'd like to see some SDKs so I can get more U-Boot testing
> done with gcc-6 :)

I have pushed couple of more fixes which should now fix the nativesdk issues and SDKs should be building

Tree is here. Let me know how it goes.

http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=kraj/gcc-6

and also to github

From: Khem Raj @ 2016-04-28  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

From: Khem Raj @ 2016-04-28  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2016-04-28  7:10                 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2016-04-28  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On Apr 27, 2016, at 11:06 AM, Mark Hatle <mark.hatle@windriver.com> wrote:
>
> On 4/27/16 12:53 PM, Khem Raj wrote:
>> thanks I think most of them come to these categories. So any help in
>> fixing them is welcome.
>>
>> 1. kernel older than 4.4, backport needed fixed into these branches or
>> move to newer kernels.
>> 2. uboot dont have gcc6 compiler header files, backport the needed fixes
>> 2. meta-qt4 needs to use gnu++98
>> 3. gcc6 providing its own stdlib.h in libstdc++
>> 4. gcc6 swtiching to gnu++14 for C++ as default.
>> 5. GPLv2-only versions of recipes are simply old will need fixing
>
> From a -very- brief look, I suspect each of these fixes will be fairly simple.
> So as we move into the next oe-core phase, we should be able get through this
> pretty quickly.

I think yes, they are trivial, except the GPL-2.0 packages which might need patching

From: Khem Raj @ 2016-04-28  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

From: Khem Raj @ 2016-04-28  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2016-04-28 11:24 ` Carlos Rafael Giani
From: Carlos Rafael Giani @ 2016-04-28 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Something that concerns me is a note from
https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-6/changes.html :

"Value range propagation now assumes that the this pointer of C++ member
functions is non-null. This eliminates common null pointer checks but
also breaks some non-conforming code-bases (such as Qt-5, Chromium,
KDevelop). As a temporary work-around -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks
can be used. Wrong code can be identified by using -fsanitize=undefined."

Sounds like this has potential to break a significant number of packages.

On 04/18/2016 07:15 AM, Khem Raj wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have put together a potential gcc6 upgrade recipe set, and pushed the branch to tree here
>

> http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=kraj/gcc-6
>
> and also at github fork of mine.
>
> https://github.com/kraj/openembedded-core/tree/kraj/master
>
> You need to set
>
> GCCVERSION = “6.%”
>
> in local.conf to enable it.
>

> There are few recipes in OE-Core which still don’t compile e.g.
>
> see
>
> http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Build/14782/
>
> any help in fixing them or otherwise fixing other layers is appreciated.
>
> gcc6 is a major release for some info see
>
> https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-6/changes.html
>
> and porting guide
>
> https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-6/porting_to.html
>

> Thanks
>
> -Khem

* Re: [OE-core] [RFT] GCC 6 Recipes
@ 2016-04-28 12:14                   ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2016-04-28 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 12:08:46AM -0700, Khem Raj wrote:

> > On Apr 27, 2016, at 3:10 PM, Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 10:53:52AM -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
> >> thanks I think most of them come to these categories. So any help in
> >> fixing them is welcome.
> >>
> >> 1. kernel older than 4.4, backport needed fixed into these branches or
> >> move to newer kernels.
> >> 2. uboot dont have gcc6 compiler header files, backport the needed fixes
> >
> > 9b2c282b348dfe966bbba967dc7a45ce817cce50 from mainline.
> >
> >> 2. meta-qt4 needs to use gnu++98
> >> 3. gcc6 providing its own stdlib.h in libstdc++
> >> 4. gcc6 swtiching to gnu++14 for C++ as default.
> >> 5. GPLv2-only versions of recipes are simply old will need fixing
> >>
> >> I will take a stab at fixing the nativesdk recipes which is mostly due
> >> to stdlib.h issue.
> >
> > Please do, I'd like to see some SDKs so I can get more U-Boot testing
> > done with gcc-6 :)
> >

> I have pushed couple of more fixes which should now fix the nativesdk issues and SDKs should be building
>
> Tree is here. Let me know how it goes.
>
> http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=kraj/gcc-6
>
> and also to github
>
> https://github.com/kraj/openembedded-core/tree/kraj/master

debian/jessie, nodistro, MACHINE=qemux86. bitbake busybox:
| make[1]: Leaving directory
'/home2/trini/oe-gcc-6/openembedded-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/x86_64-linux/gcc-cross-initial-i586/6.0.0-r0/gcc-6.0.0/build.x86_64-linux.i586-oe-linux/gcc'
| cp: cannot create regular file
'/home2/trini/oe-gcc-6/openembedded-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/x86_64-linux/gcc-cross-initial-i586/6.0.0-r0/image/home2/trini/oe-gcc-6/openembedded-core/build/tmp-glibc/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/lib/i586-oe-linux.gcc-cross-initial-i586/gcc/i586-oe-linux/6.0.1/include/limits.h':
No such file or directory

Doing MACHINE=qemux86-64 provides a similar error.  Thanks!

--
Tom

* Re: [yocto] [RFT] GCC 6 Recipes
@ 2016-04-28 12:14                   ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2016-04-28 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2016-04-28 14:01                     ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2016-04-28 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 5:14 AM, Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 12:08:46AM -0700, Khem Raj wrote:

>> > 9b2c282b348dfe966bbba967dc7a45ce817cce50 from mainline.

>> > Please do, I'd like to see some SDKs so I can get more U-Boot testing
>> > done with gcc-6 :)
>> >

>> I have pushed couple of more fixes which should now fix the nativesdk issues and SDKs should be building
>>
>> Tree is here. Let me know how it goes.
>>
>> http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=kraj/gcc-6
>>
>> and also to github
>>
>> https://github.com/kraj/openembedded-core/tree/kraj/master
>
> debian/jessie, nodistro, MACHINE=qemux86. bitbake busybox:
> | make[1]: Leaving directory
> '/home2/trini/oe-gcc-6/openembedded-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/x86_64-linux/gcc-cross-initial-i586/6.0.0-r0/gcc-6.0.0/build.x86_64-linux.i586-oe-linux/gcc'
> | cp: cannot create regular file
> '/home2/trini/oe-gcc-6/openembedded-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/x86_64-linux/gcc-cross-initial-i586/6.0.0-r0/image/home2/trini/oe-gcc-6/openembedded-core/build/tmp-glibc/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/lib/i586-oe-linux.gcc-cross-initial-i586/gcc/i586-oe-linux/6.0.1/include/limits.h':
> No such file or directory
>
> Doing MACHINE=qemux86-64 provides a similar error.  Thanks!

I forgot to rename recipes to 6.1 after I did the gcc rebase since 6.1
released yesterday. Anyway done now. please retry.

> --
> Tom

* Re: [yocto] [RFT] GCC 6 Recipes
@ 2016-04-28 14:01                     ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2016-04-28 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

From: Khem Raj @ 2016-04-28 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 5:14 AM, Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 12:08:46AM -0700, Khem Raj wrote:

>> > 9b2c282b348dfe966bbba967dc7a45ce817cce50 from mainline.

>> > Please do, I'd like to see some SDKs so I can get more U-Boot testing
>> > done with gcc-6 :)
>> >

>> I have pushed couple of more fixes which should now fix the nativesdk issues and SDKs should be building
>>
>> Tree is here. Let me know how it goes.
>>
>> http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=kraj/gcc-6
>>
>> and also to github
>>
>> https://github.com/kraj/openembedded-core/tree/kraj/master
>
> debian/jessie, nodistro, MACHINE=qemux86. bitbake busybox:
> | make[1]: Leaving directory
> '/home2/trini/oe-gcc-6/openembedded-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/x86_64-linux/gcc-cross-initial-i586/6.0.0-r0/gcc-6.0.0/build.x86_64-linux.i586-oe-linux/gcc'
> | cp: cannot create regular file
> '/home2/trini/oe-gcc-6/openembedded-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/x86_64-linux/gcc-cross-initial-i586/6.0.0-r0/image/home2/trini/oe-gcc-6/openembedded-core/build/tmp-glibc/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/lib/i586-oe-linux.gcc-cross-initial-i586/gcc/i586-oe-linux/6.0.1/include/limits.h':
> No such file or directory
>
> Doing MACHINE=qemux86-64 provides a similar error.  Thanks!

I forgot to rename recipes to 6.1 after I did the gcc rebase since 6.1
released yesterday. Anyway done now. please retry.

> --
> Tom

* Re: [RFT] GCC 6 Recipes
@ 2016-04-28 14:07   ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2016-04-28 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembeded-devel

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 4:24 AM, Carlos Rafael Giani
<dv@pseudoterminal.org> wrote:
> Something that concerns me is a note from
> https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-6/changes.html :
>
> "Value range propagation now assumes that the this pointer of C++ member
> functions is non-null. This eliminates common null pointer checks but also
> breaks some non-conforming code-bases (such as Qt-5, Chromium, KDevelop). As
> a temporary work-around -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks can be used. Wrong
> code can be identified by using -fsanitize=undefined."
>
> Sounds like this has potential to break a significant number of packages.

Thanks for bringing it up.
it could but then these need/will be fixed in due course. I would not
recommend changing  OE wide
compiler defaults for few apps. The relevant fix can be applied per
recipe if needed

> On 04/18/2016 07:15 AM, Khem Raj wrote:
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I have put together a potential gcc6 upgrade recipe set, and pushed the
>> branch to tree here
>>

>> http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=kraj/gcc-6
>>
>> and also at github fork of mine.
>>
>> https://github.com/kraj/openembedded-core/tree/kraj/master
>>
>> You need to set
>>
>> GCCVERSION = “6.%”
>>
>> in local.conf to enable it.
>>

>> There are few recipes in OE-Core which still don’t compile e.g.
>>
>> see
>>
>> http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Build/14782/
>>
>> any help in fixing them or otherwise fixing other layers is appreciated.
>>
>> gcc6 is a major release for some info see
>>
>> https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-6/changes.html
>>
>> and porting guide
>>
>> https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-6/porting_to.html
>>

>> Thanks
>>
>> -Khem

* Re: [OE-core] [RFT] GCC 6 Recipes
  (?)
@ 2016-04-28 15:19                   ` Mark Hatle
From: Mark Hatle @ 2016-04-28 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4/28/16 2:10 AM, Khem Raj wrote:

>> On Apr 27, 2016, at 11:06 AM, Mark Hatle <mark.hatle@windriver.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 4/27/16 12:53 PM, Khem Raj wrote:
>>> thanks I think most of them come to these categories. So any help in
>>> fixing them is welcome.
>>>
>>> 1. kernel older than 4.4, backport needed fixed into these branches or
>>> move to newer kernels.
>>> 2. uboot dont have gcc6 compiler header files, backport the needed fixes
>>> 2. meta-qt4 needs to use gnu++98
>>> 3. gcc6 providing its own stdlib.h in libstdc++
>>> 4. gcc6 swtiching to gnu++14 for C++ as default.
>>> 5. GPLv2-only versions of recipes are simply old will need fixing
>>
>> From a -very- brief look, I suspect each of these fixes will be fairly simple.
>> So as we move into the next oe-core phase, we should be able get through this
>> pretty quickly.
>
> I think yes, they are trivial, except the GPL-2.0 packages which might need patching

Ha, actually that was what I was referring to.  The couple I looked at seemed to
be trivial.. :)

If someone doesn't get to it first, I expect some of my guys will in about a month.

--Mark

* Re: [yocto] [RFT] GCC 6 Recipes
@ 2016-04-28 15:19                   ` Mark Hatle
From: Mark Hatle @ 2016-04-28 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

From: Mark Hatle @ 2016-04-28 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2016-04-28 15:29                     ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2016-04-28 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On Apr 28, 2016, at 8:19 AM, Mark Hatle <mark.hatle@windriver.com> wrote:
>
> On 4/28/16 2:10 AM, Khem Raj wrote:

>>> From a -very- brief look, I suspect each of these fixes will be fairly simple.
>>> So as we move into the next oe-core phase, we should be able get through this
>>> pretty quickly.
>>
>> I think yes, they are trivial, except the GPL-2.0 packages which might need patching
>>

> Ha, actually that was what I was referring to.  The couple I looked at seemed to
> be trivial.. :)

yes they are just the fact that compiler has gone stricter compliance with standards compared
to when code was written. In worst case we might downgrade -std for these recipe but that
may not be enough in some cases

> If someone doesn't get to it first, I expect some of my guys will in about a month.

OK cool. I think we should make it merge worthy and get it early into master and fix the fallouts

From: Khem Raj @ 2016-04-28 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

From: Khem Raj @ 2016-04-28 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2016-04-28 18:01                       ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2016-04-28 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 07:01:34AM -0700, Khem Raj wrote:

> >> I have pushed couple of more fixes which should now fix the nativesdk issues and SDKs should be building
> >>
> >> Tree is here. Let me know how it goes.
> >>
> >> http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=kraj/gcc-6
> >>
> >> and also to github
> >>
> >> https://github.com/kraj/openembedded-core/tree/kraj/master
> >
> > debian/jessie, nodistro, MACHINE=qemux86. bitbake busybox:
> > | make[1]: Leaving directory
> > '/home2/trini/oe-gcc-6/openembedded-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/x86_64-linux/gcc-cross-initial-i586/6.0.0-r0/gcc-6.0.0/build.x86_64-linux.i586-oe-linux/gcc'
> > | cp: cannot create regular file
> > '/home2/trini/oe-gcc-6/openembedded-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/x86_64-linux/gcc-cross-initial-i586/6.0.0-r0/image/home2/trini/oe-gcc-6/openembedded-core/build/tmp-glibc/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/lib/i586-oe-linux.gcc-cross-initial-i586/gcc/i586-oe-linux/6.0.1/include/limits.h':
> > No such file or directory
> >
> > Doing MACHINE=qemux86-64 provides a similar error.  Thanks!
>
> I forgot to rename recipes to 6.1 after I did the gcc rebase since 6.1
> released yesterday. Anyway done now. please retry.

Making progress now, thanks!

--
Tom

* Re: [yocto] [RFT] GCC 6 Recipes
@ 2016-04-28 18:01                       ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2016-04-28 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

From: Tom Rini @ 2016-04-28 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2016-04-29  8:30                       ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2016-04-29  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Took it for another ride on our AB last night:

http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Latest/?filter=ab893d4e1c3efc1ee73c6cfbbb9a64036c63d93c&type=commit

The systemd-sysusers stuff I failed to remove, and is broken.

There's a pango-native failure that appears to be caused by GIR.

And two SDK image test failures caused by transient network problems.

Looking good!

Ross

On 28 April 2016 at 16:29, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Apr 28, 2016, at 8:19 AM, Mark Hatle <mark.hatle@windriver.com>
> wrote:

> fixes

> simple.
> through this
> >>
> >> I think yes, they are trivial, except the GPL-2.0 packages which might
> need patching
> >>

> > Ha, actually that was what I was referring to.  The couple I looked at
> seemed to
> > be trivial.. :)
>
> yes they are just the fact that compiler has gone stricter compliance with
> standards compared
> to when code was written. In worst case we might downgrade -std for these
> recipe but that
> may not be enough in some cases
> >
> > If someone doesn't get to it first, I expect some of my guys will in
> about a month.
> >

> OK cool. I think we should make it merge worthy and get it early into
> master and fix the fallouts
>

> > --Mark

* Re: [yocto] [RFT] GCC 6 Recipes
@ 2016-04-29  8:30                       ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2016-04-29  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

From: Burton, Ross @ 2016-04-29  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Took it for another ride on our AB last night:

http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Latest/?filter=ab893d4e1c3efc1ee73c6cfbbb9a64036c63d93c&type=commit

The systemd-sysusers stuff I failed to remove, and is broken.

There's a pango-native failure that appears to be caused by GIR.

And two SDK image test failures caused by transient network problems.

Looking good!

Ross

On 28 April 2016 at 16:29, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Apr 28, 2016, at 8:19 AM, Mark Hatle <mark.hatle@windriver.com>
> wrote:

> fixes

> simple.
> through this
> >>
> >> I think yes, they are trivial, except the GPL-2.0 packages which might
> need patching
> >>

> > Ha, actually that was what I was referring to.  The couple I looked at
> seemed to
> > be trivial.. :)
>
> yes they are just the fact that compiler has gone stricter compliance with
> standards compared
> to when code was written. In worst case we might downgrade -std for these
> recipe but that
> may not be enough in some cases
> >
> > If someone doesn't get to it first, I expect some of my guys will in
> about a month.
> >

> OK cool. I think we should make it merge worthy and get it early into
> master and fix the fallouts
>

> > --Mark

* Re: [OE-core] [RFT] GCC 6 Recipes
  (?)
@ 2016-05-06 15:18                         ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2016-05-06 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 02:01:31PM -0400, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 07:01:34AM -0700, Khem Raj wrote:

> > > debian/jessie, nodistro, MACHINE=qemux86. bitbake busybox:
> > > '/home2/trini/oe-gcc-6/openembedded-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/x86_64-linux/gcc-cross-initial-i586/6.0.0-r0/gcc-6.0.0/build.x86_64-linux.i586-oe-linux/gcc'
> > > '/home2/trini/oe-gcc-6/openembedded-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/x86_64-linux/gcc-cross-initial-i586/6.0.0-r0/image/home2/trini/oe-gcc-6/openembedded-core/build/tmp-glibc/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/lib/i586-oe-linux.gcc-cross-initial-i586/gcc/i586-oe-linux/6.0.1/include/limits.h':
> > > No such file or directory
> > >
> > > Doing MACHINE=qemux86-64 provides a similar error.  Thanks!
> >
> > I forgot to rename recipes to 6.1 after I did the gcc rebase since 6.1
> > released yesterday. Anyway done now. please retry.
>
> Making progress now, thanks!

I meant to follow up sooner, sorry, but these spit out valid and useful
meta-toolchain packages and I'm using them for some U-Boot testing now,
thanks again!

--
Tom

* Re: [yocto] [RFT] GCC 6 Recipes