* [RFT] Glibc 2.27
@ 2018-01-27 21:44 Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2018-01-27 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OE-core, openembedded-devel, yocto

Hi All

glibc 2.27 is releasing soon in few weeks. I have put together the
recipes for upgrade, along with fixes for some of packages that I ran
into here

http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=kraj/glibc-2.27

This has gotten limited testing. I plan to put the package fixes as we
plough through. Please test this out in your setups and report problems
or fixes ( preferred ) to get various packages working on 2.27 release

Thanks
-Khem

* Re: [RFT] Glibc 2.27
@ 2018-01-29  7:45 ` Zoran Stojsavljevic
From: Zoran Stojsavljevic @ 2018-01-29  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: yocto, openembedded-devel, OE-core

This one will be tough to integrate. Most of the packages depend on
this one, which is critical one. On the very bottom. I would say, this
is a big step, since here somewhere you should draw clear line. And
this line will be the following: which releases you/YOCTO crew will
support (back-port to) with Glibc 2.27, and which not?!

Zoran
_______

On Sat, Jan 27, 2018 at 10:44 PM, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> glibc 2.27 is releasing soon in few weeks. I have put together the recipes
> for upgrade, along with fixes for some of packages that I ran into here
>
> http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=kraj/glibc-2.27
>
> This has gotten limited testing. I plan to put the package fixes as we
> plough through. Please test this out in your setups and report problems or
> fixes ( preferred ) to get various packages working on 2.27 release
>
> Thanks
> -Khem

* Re: [RFT] Glibc 2.27
@ 2018-01-29 12:32     ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2018-01-29 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zoran Stojsavljevic; +Cc: yocto, OE-core, openembedded-devel

On 29 January 2018 at 07:45, Zoran Stojsavljevic <
zoran.stojsavljevic@gmail.com> wrote:

> This one will be tough to integrate. Most of the packages depend on
> this one, which is critical one. On the very bottom. I would say, this
> is a big step, since here somewhere you should draw clear line. And
> this line will be the following: which releases you/YOCTO crew will
> support (back-port to) with Glibc 2.27, and which not?!

This one will be easy to integrate: it goes into master and none of the
stable releases.  Stable releases only get upgrades after release is very
limited situations.

Ross

* Re: [yocto] [RFT] Glibc 2.27
@ 2018-01-29 12:32     ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2018-01-29 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zoran Stojsavljevic; +Cc: yocto, OE-core, openembedded-devel

From: Burton, Ross @ 2018-01-29 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zoran Stojsavljevic; +Cc: yocto, OE-core, openembedded-devel

On 29 January 2018 at 07:45, Zoran Stojsavljevic <
zoran.stojsavljevic@gmail.com> wrote:

> This one will be tough to integrate. Most of the packages depend on
> this one, which is critical one. On the very bottom. I would say, this
> is a big step, since here somewhere you should draw clear line. And
> this line will be the following: which releases you/YOCTO crew will
> support (back-port to) with Glibc 2.27, and which not?!

This one will be easy to integrate: it goes into master and none of the
stable releases.  Stable releases only get upgrades after release is very
limited situations.

Ross

* Re: [OE-core] [RFT] Glibc 2.27
@ 2018-01-29 12:40   ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2018-01-29 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: yocto, openembedded-devel, OE-core

The yocto autobuilder was idle so I fired it, fingers crossed :)

On 27 January 2018 at 21:44, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> glibc 2.27 is releasing soon in few weeks. I have put together the recipes
> for upgrade, along with fixes for some of packages that I ran into here
>
> http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?
> h=kraj/glibc-2.27
>
> This has gotten limited testing. I plan to put the package fixes as we
> plough through. Please test this out in your setups and report problems or
> fixes ( preferred ) to get various packages working on 2.27 release
>
> Thanks
> -Khem

* Re: [RFT] Glibc 2.27
@ 2018-01-29 12:40   ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2018-01-29 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: yocto, openembedded-devel, OE-core

The yocto autobuilder was idle so I fired it, fingers crossed :)

On 27 January 2018 at 21:44, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> glibc 2.27 is releasing soon in few weeks. I have put together the recipes
> for upgrade, along with fixes for some of packages that I ran into here
>
> http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?
> h=kraj/glibc-2.27
>
> This has gotten limited testing. I plan to put the package fixes as we
> plough through. Please test this out in your setups and report problems or
> fixes ( preferred ) to get various packages working on 2.27 release
>
> Thanks
> -Khem

* Re: [OE-core] [RFT] Glibc 2.27
@ 2018-01-29 12:40   ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2018-01-29 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: yocto, openembedded-devel, OE-core

The yocto autobuilder was idle so I fired it, fingers crossed :)

On 27 January 2018 at 21:44, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> glibc 2.27 is releasing soon in few weeks. I have put together the recipes
> for upgrade, along with fixes for some of packages that I ran into here
>
> http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?
> h=kraj/glibc-2.27
>
> This has gotten limited testing. I plan to put the package fixes as we
> plough through. Please test this out in your setups and report problems or
> fixes ( preferred ) to get various packages working on 2.27 release
>
> Thanks
> -Khem

* Re: [RFT] Glibc 2.27
  (?)
  (?)
@ 2018-01-29 13:56     ` Zoran Stojsavljevic
From: Zoran Stojsavljevic @ 2018-01-29 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: yocto

> Khem Raj writes: This has gotten limited testing.
> Burton Ross writes: This one will be easy to integrate.

Time Will Tell.

Zoran
_______

* Re: [RFT] Glibc 2.27
@ 2018-01-29 14:16       ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2018-01-29 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zoran Stojsavljevic; +Cc: yocto

On 29 January 2018 at 13:56, Zoran Stojsavljevic <
zoran.stojsavljevic@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Khem Raj writes: This has gotten limited testing.
> > Burton Ross writes: This one will be easy to integrate.
>
> Time Will Tell.

I guess I meant easy in that it just won't be going to stable releases.
Obviously integration of a new C runtime release into master is never
objectively easy.

Ross

* Re: [RFT] Glibc 2.27
@ 2018-01-29 15:38         ` akuster808