* WARNING message: Building library didn't pass LDFLAGS? [ldflags]
@ 2019-04-23 22:48 JH
From: JH @ 2019-04-23 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yocto discussion list

Hi,

What is the following WARNING means, how can I fix it?

yocto-sample-1.0.0-0 do_package_qa: QA Issue: No GNU_HASH in the ELF
binary my_library, didn't pass LDFLAGS? [ldflags]

Thank you.

Kind regards,

- jupiter

* Re: WARNING message: Building library didn't pass LDFLAGS? [ldflags]
@ 2019-04-23 23:10 ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2019-04-23 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: JH; +Cc: Yocto discussion list

It means that the compile didn't respect LDFLAGS from the environment
(which sets the ELF hashing type).  Most usual build systems handle
this for you, but if your recipe uses hand-coded Makefiles then you'll
need to figure out what they're doing and how to make it respect
$LDFLAGS.

Ross