* libglu: dependency on x11
@ 2017-03-04 22:52 Gabriel Huau
From: Gabriel Huau @ 2017-03-04 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core; +Cc: chris_larson

Hi,

I'm not sure to understand why do we have a dependency on X11 in the
libGLU package? I might miss some pieces of information here, but IMO,
it should only depends on opengl as the libGL.so could be generated
without X11 or any Window system.

It actually breaks some builds where we depend on libGLU but we don't
have X11.

Thanks,
Gabriel

* Re: libglu: dependency on x11
@ 2017-03-05 16:58 ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2017-03-05 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gabriel Huau; +Cc: Christopher Larson, OE-core

On 4 March 2017 at 22:52, Gabriel Huau <contact@huau-gabriel.fr> wrote:

> I'm not sure to understand why do we have a dependency on X11 in the
> libGLU package? I might miss some pieces of information here, but IMO, it
> should only depends on opengl as the libGL.so could be generated without
> X11 or any Window system.

How does one build libGL.so without X11, considering libGL is explicitly
GLX, and the X in GLX stands for X Window System?

Ross

* Re: libglu: dependency on x11
@ 2017-03-05 18:35   ` Gabriel Huau
From: Gabriel Huau @ 2017-03-05 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: Christopher Larson, OE-core

Ross,

Good point!

I thought it was possible to have an implementation of libGL.so without
X11, for example by using Wayland or any other Window System, I didn't
know that the libGL was tied to X11 (on Linux). Also, I didn't see any
specific X11 code in the libGLU so I was a bit confused by the
dependency on both OpenGL and x11.

Regards,
Gabriel

On 03/05/2017 08:58 AM, Burton, Ross wrote:

> On 4 March 2017 at 22:52, Gabriel Huau <contact@huau-gabriel.fr
> <mailto:contact@huau-gabriel.fr>> wrote:
>
>     I'm not sure to understand why do we have a dependency on X11 in
>     the libGLU package? I might miss some pieces of information here,
>     but IMO, it should only depends on opengl as the libGL.so could be
>     generated without X11 or any Window system.
>

> How does one build libGL.so without X11, considering libGL is
> explicitly GLX, and the X in GLX stands for X Window System?
>
> Ross

* Re: libglu: dependency on x11
@ 2017-03-06 11:17     ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2017-03-06 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)