* X video extensions
@ 2013-02-26 16:39 Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2013-02-26 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yocto Project

How can I enable X video extensions in my X server?
I'm using the default server: xserver-xorg/2_1.13.1-r8

* Re: X video extensions
@ 2013-02-26 16:47 ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2013-02-26 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas; +Cc: Yocto Project

On 26 February 2013 16:39, Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com> wrote:
> How can I enable X video extensions in my X server?
> I'm using the default server: xserver-xorg/2_1.13.1-r8

It should be enabled by default - how are you determining that it's not?

Ross

* Re: X video extensions
@ 2013-02-26 18:07   ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2013-02-26 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: Yocto Project

On 2013-02-26 09:47, Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 26 February 2013 16:39, Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com> wrote:
>> How can I enable X video extensions in my X server?
>> I'm using the default server: xserver-xorg/2_1.13.1-r8
>
> It should be enabled by default - how are you determining that it's not?

Here's what I get from xvinfo:
   X-Video Extension version 2.2
   screen #0
   no adaptors present

So I guess the extension is there but my display doesn't support it?
How would I go about making that work?

Thanks

* Re: X video extensions
@ 2013-02-26 18:30     ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2013-02-26 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas; +Cc: Yocto Project

On 26 February 2013 18:07, Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com> wrote:
> Here's what I get from xvinfo:
>   X-Video Extension version 2.2
>   screen #0
>   no adaptors present
>
> So I guess the extension is there but my display doesn't support it?
> How would I go about making that work?

XVideo has to be implemented by the drivers, what X video driver are you using?

Ross

* Re: X video extensions
@ 2013-02-26 20:31       ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2013-02-26 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: Yocto Project

On 2013-02-26 11:30, Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 26 February 2013 18:07, Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com> wrote:
>> Here's what I get from xvinfo:
>>    X-Video Extension version 2.2
>>    screen #0
>>    no adaptors present
>>
>> So I guess the extension is there but my display doesn't support it?
>> How would I go about making that work?
>
> XVideo has to be implemented by the drivers, what X video driver are you using?

xf86-video-omap on OMAP4430

* Re: X video extensions
@ 2013-02-26 20:46         ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2013-02-26 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas; +Cc: Yocto Project

On 26 February 2013 20:31, Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com> wrote:
> xf86-video-omap on OMAP4430

Honestly, no idea.  If no-one else knows, speak to TI to see if you
need specific runtime options/hardware support/something else.

Ross