* "bitbake core-image-sato" yields "No package 'gdk-x11-3.0' found" build failure
@ 2018-10-29  6:41 Joe Flowers
From: Joe Flowers @ 2018-10-29  6:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hello everyone,

1.
I am trying to build a core-image-sato image for a WandBoard but am getting
stuck at this error message:

"| No package 'gdk-x11-3.0' found"

See below for more details.

2.
I have grepped this list's archives and run into someone with the same
problem, but a solution was never included in the thread.

https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2017-December/039149.html

Help please.

Joe

------------------------------

Command

MACHINE=wandboard bitbake core-image-sato

produces this error message:

| checking for pkg-config...
/opt/yocto/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/matchbox-panel-2/2.11-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/pkg-config
| configure: WARNING: using cross tools not prefixed with host triplet
| checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
| checking for glib-2.0
|                   gmodule-export-2.0
|                   x11
|                   gdk-x11-3.0
|                   gtk+-3.0... no
| configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0
|                   gmodule-export-2.0
|                   x11
|                   gdk-x11-3.0
|                   gtk+-3.0) were not met:
|
| No package 'gdk-x11-3.0' found
|
| Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
| installed software in a non-standard prefix.
|
| Alternatively, you may set the environment variables MATCHBOX_PANEL_CFLAGS
| and MATCHBOX_PANEL_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
| See the pkg-config man page for more details.
| NOTE: The following config.log files may provide further information.
| NOTE:
/opt/yocto/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/matchbox-panel-2/2.11-r0/build/config.log
| ERROR: configure failed
| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.
| ERROR: Function failed: do_configure (log file is located at
/opt/yocto/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/matchbox-panel-2/2.11-r0/temp/log.do_configure.40754)
ERROR: Task
(/opt/yocto/sources/poky/meta/recipes-sato/matchbox-panel-2/matchbox-panel-2_2.11.bb:do_configure)
failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 3024 tasks of which 2828 didn't need to be
rerun and 1 failed.

do_configure
joe@ubuntu:/opt/yocto/build$

------------------------------

* Re: "bitbake core-image-sato" yields "No package 'gdk-x11-3.0' found" build failure
@ 2018-10-29 11:54 ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2018-10-29 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Can you share your local.conf?  Does bitbake gtk+3 work?

Ross

@ 2018-10-29 13:20   ` Joe Flowers
From: Joe Flowers @ 2018-10-29 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: yocto

Thanks, Ross.

1.
Both of these commands worked:

MACHINE=wandboard bitbake core-image-x11
MACHINE=wandboard bitbake gtk+3

2.
I've attached my local.conf.

If the attachment does not go through, then I will copy and paste it into
my next message.

Thanks!

Joe
-------------------------------

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 7:54 AM Burton, Ross <ross.burton@intel.com> wrote:

> Can you share your local.conf?  Does bitbake gtk+3 work?
>
> Ross
> On Mon, 29 Oct 2018 at 06:42, Joe Flowers <joe.flowers@nofreewill.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > 1.
> > I am trying to build a core-image-sato image for a WandBoard but am
> getting stuck at this error message:
> >
> > "| No package 'gdk-x11-3.0' found"
> >
> > See below for more details.
> >

> > 2.
> > I have grepped this list's archives and run into someone with the same
> problem, but a solution was never included in the thread.
> >
> > https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2017-December/039149.html
> >

> > Help please.
> >
> > Joe
> >
> > ------------------------------
> >
> > Command
> >
> > MACHINE=wandboard bitbake core-image-sato
> >
> > produces this error message:

> > | checking for pkg-config...
> /opt/yocto/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/matchbox-panel-2/2.11-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/pkg-config
> > | configure: WARNING: using cross tools not prefixed with host triplet
> > | checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
> > | checking for glib-2.0
> > |                   gmodule-export-2.0
> > |                   x11
> > |                   gdk-x11-3.0
> > |                   gtk+-3.0... no
> > | configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0
> > |                   gmodule-export-2.0
> > |                   x11
> > |                   gdk-x11-3.0
> > |                   gtk+-3.0) were not met:
> > |
> > | No package 'gdk-x11-3.0' found
> > |
> > | Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> > | installed software in a non-standard prefix.
> > |
> > | Alternatively, you may set the environment variables
> MATCHBOX_PANEL_CFLAGS
> > | and MATCHBOX_PANEL_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
> > | See the pkg-config man page for more details.
> > | NOTE: The following config.log files may provide further information.
> > | NOTE:
> /opt/yocto/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/matchbox-panel-2/2.11-r0/build/config.log
> > | ERROR: configure failed
> > | WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.
> > | ERROR: Function failed: do_configure (log file is located at
> /opt/yocto/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/matchbox-panel-2/2.11-r0/temp/log.do_configure.40754)
> > ERROR: Task
> (/opt/yocto/sources/poky/meta/recipes-sato/matchbox-panel-2/matchbox-panel-2_2.11.bb:do_configure)
> failed with exit code '1'
> > NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 3024 tasks of which 2828 didn't need to
> be rerun and 1 failed.

> do_configure
> code.
> > joe@ubuntu:/opt/yocto/build$

[-- Attachment #2: local.conf --]

#
# This file is your local configuration file and is where all local user settings
# are placed. The comments in this file give some guide to the options a new user
# to the system might want to change but pretty much any configuration option can
# be set in this file. More adventurous users can look at local.conf.extended
# which contains other examples of configuration which can be placed in this file
# but new users likely won't need any of them initially.
#
# Lines starting with the '#' character are commented out and in some cases the
# default values are provided as comments to show people example syntax. Enabling
# the option is a question of removing the # character and making any change to the
# variable as required.

#
# Machine Selection
#
# You need to select a specific machine to target the build with. There are a selection
# of emulated machines available which can boot and run in the QEMU emulator:
#
#MACHINE ?= "qemuarm"
#MACHINE ?= "qemuarm64"
#MACHINE ?= "qemumips"
#MACHINE ?= "qemumips64"
#MACHINE ?= "qemuppc"
#MACHINE ?= "qemux86"
#MACHINE ?= "qemux86-64"
#
# There are also the following hardware board target machines included for
# demonstration purposes:
#
#MACHINE ?= "beaglebone"
#MACHINE ?= "genericx86"
#MACHINE ?= "genericx86-64"
#MACHINE ?= "mpc8315e-rdb"
#MACHINE ?= "edgerouter"
#
# This sets the default machine to be qemux86 if no other machine is selected:
MACHINE ??= "qemux86"

#
# Where to place downloads
#
# During a first build the system will download many different source code tarballs
# from various upstream projects. This can take a while, particularly if your network
# connection is slow. These are all stored in DL_DIR. When wiping and rebuilding you
# can preserve this directory to speed up this part of subsequent builds. This directory
# is safe to share between multiple builds on the same machine too.
#
# The default is a downloads directory under TOPDIR which is the build directory.
#
#DL_DIR ?= "${TOPDIR}/downloads"

#
# Where to place shared-state files
#
# BitBake has the capability to accelerate builds based on previously built output.
# This is done using "shared state" files which can be thought of as cache objects
# and this option determines where those files are placed.
#
# You can wipe out TMPDIR leaving this directory intact and the build would regenerate
# from these files if no changes were made to the configuration. If changes were made
# to the configuration, only shared state files where the state was still valid would
# be used (done using checksums).
#
# The default is a sstate-cache directory under TOPDIR.
#
#SSTATE_DIR ?= "${TOPDIR}/sstate-cache"

#
# Where to place the build output
#
# This option specifies where the bulk of the building work should be done and
# where BitBake should place its temporary files and output. Keep in mind that
# this includes the extraction and compilation of many applications and the toolchain
# which can use Gigabytes of hard disk space.
#
# The default is a tmp directory under TOPDIR.
#
#TMPDIR = "${TOPDIR}/tmp"

#
# Default policy config
#
# The distribution setting controls which policy settings are used as defaults.
# The default value is fine for general Yocto project use, at least initially.
# Ultimately when creating custom policy, people will likely end up subclassing
# these defaults.
#
DISTRO ?= "poky"
# As an example of a subclass there is a "bleeding" edge policy configuration
# where many versions are set to the absolute latest code from the upstream
# source control systems. This is just mentioned here as an example, its not
# useful to most new users.
# DISTRO ?= "poky-bleeding"

#
# Package Management configuration
#
# This variable lists which packaging formats to enable. Multiple package backends
# can be enabled at once and the first item listed in the variable will be used
# to generate the root filesystems.
# Options are:
#  - 'package_deb' for debian style deb files
#  - 'package_ipk' for ipk files are used by opkg (a debian style embedded package manager)
#  - 'package_rpm' for rpm style packages
# E.g.: PACKAGE_CLASSES ?= "package_rpm package_deb package_ipk"
# We default to rpm:
PACKAGE_CLASSES ?= "package_rpm"

#
# SDK target architecture
#
# This variable specifies the architecture to build SDK items for and means
# you can build the SDK packages for architectures other than the machine you are
# running the build on (i.e. building i686 packages on an x86_64 host).
# Supported values are i686 and x86_64
#SDKMACHINE ?= "i686"

#
# Extra image configuration defaults
#
# The EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES variable allows extra packages to be added to the generated
# images. Some of these options are added to certain image types automatically. The
# variable can contain the following options:
#  "dbg-pkgs"       - add -dbg packages for all installed packages
#                     (adds symbol information for debugging/profiling)
#  "dev-pkgs"       - add -dev packages for all installed packages
#                     (useful if you want to develop against libs in the image)
#  "ptest-pkgs"     - add -ptest packages for all ptest-enabled packages
#                     (useful if you want to run the package test suites)
#  "tools-sdk"      - add development tools (gcc, make, pkgconfig etc.)
#  "tools-debug"    - add debugging tools (gdb, strace)
#  "eclipse-debug"  - add Eclipse remote debugging support
#  "tools-profile"  - add profiling tools (oprofile, lttng, valgrind)
#  "tools-testapps" - add useful testing tools (ts_print, aplay, arecord etc.)
#  "debug-tweaks"   - make an image suitable for development
#                     e.g. ssh root access has a blank password
# There are other application targets that can be used here too, see
# meta/classes/image.bbclass and meta/classes/core-image.bbclass for more details.
# We default to enabling the debugging tweaks.
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES ?= "debug-tweaks"

#
# Additional image features
#
# The following is a list of additional classes to use when building images which
# enable extra features. Some available options which can be included in this variable
# are:
#   - 'buildstats' collect build statistics
#   - 'image-mklibs' to reduce shared library files size for an image
#   - 'image-prelink' in order to prelink the filesystem image
# NOTE: if listing mklibs & prelink both, then make sure mklibs is before prelink
# NOTE: mklibs also needs to be explicitly enabled for a given image, see local.conf.extended
USER_CLASSES ?= "buildstats image-mklibs image-prelink"

#
# Runtime testing of images
#
# The build system can test booting virtual machine images under qemu (an emulator)
# after any root filesystems are created and run tests against those images. To
# enable this uncomment this line. See classes/testimage(-auto).bbclass for
# further details.
#TEST_IMAGE = "1"
#
# Interactive shell configuration
#
# Under certain circumstances the system may need input from you and to do this it
# can launch an interactive shell. It needs to do this since the build is
# multithreaded and needs to be able to handle the case where more than one parallel
# process may require the user's attention. The default is iterate over the available
# terminal types to find one that works.
#
# Examples of the occasions this may happen are when resolving patches which cannot
# be applied, to use the devshell or the kernel menuconfig
#
# Supported values are auto, gnome, xfce, rxvt, screen, konsole (KDE 3.x only), none
# Note: currently, Konsole support only works for KDE 3.x due to the way
# newer Konsole versions behave
#OE_TERMINAL = "auto"
# By default disable interactive patch resolution (tasks will just fail instead):
PATCHRESOLVE = "noop"

#
# Disk Space Monitoring during the build
#
# Monitor the disk space during the build. If there is less that 1GB of space or less
# than 100K inodes in any key build location (TMPDIR, DL_DIR, SSTATE_DIR), gracefully
# shutdown the build. If there is less that 100MB or 1K inodes, perform a hard abort
# of the build. The reason for this is that running completely out of space can corrupt
# files and damages the build in ways which may not be easily recoverable.
# It's necesary to monitor /tmp, if there is no space left the build will fail
# with very exotic errors.
BB_DISKMON_DIRS ??= "\
    STOPTASKS,${TMPDIR},1G,100K \
    STOPTASKS,${DL_DIR},1G,100K \
    STOPTASKS,${SSTATE_DIR},1G,100K \
    STOPTASKS,/tmp,100M,100K \
    ABORT,${TMPDIR},100M,1K \
    ABORT,${DL_DIR},100M,1K \
    ABORT,${SSTATE_DIR},100M,1K \
    ABORT,/tmp,10M,1K"

#
# Shared-state files from other locations
#
# As mentioned above, shared state files are prebuilt cache data objects which can
# used to accelerate build time. This variable can be used to configure the system
# to search other mirror locations for these objects before it builds the data itself.
#
# This can be a filesystem directory, or a remote url such as http or ftp. These
# would contain the sstate-cache results from previous builds (possibly from other
# machines). This variable works like fetcher MIRRORS/PREMIRRORS and points to the
# cache locations to check for the shared objects.
# NOTE: if the mirror uses the same structure as SSTATE_DIR, you need to add PATH
# at the end as shown in the examples below. This will be substituted with the
# correct path within the directory structure.
#SSTATE_MIRRORS ?= "\
#file://.* http://someserver.tld/share/sstate/PATH;downloadfilename=PATH \n \
#file://.* file:///some/local/dir/sstate/PATH"

#
# Qemu configuration
#
# By default qemu will build with a builtin VNC server where graphical output can be
# seen. The two lines below enable the SDL backend too. By default libsdl-native will
# be built, if you want to use your host's libSDL instead of the minimal libsdl built
# by libsdl-native then uncomment the ASSUME_PROVIDED line below.
PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-qemu-native = " sdl"
PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-nativesdk-qemu = " sdl"
#ASSUME_PROVIDED += "libsdl-native"

# CONF_VERSION is increased each time build/conf/ changes incompatibly and is used to
# track the version of this file when it was generated. This can safely be ignored if
# this doesn't mean anything to you.
CONF_VERSION = "1"

ACCEPT_FSL_EULA = "1"
DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " x11"

* Re: "bitbake core-image-sato" yields "No package 'gdk-x11-3.0' found" build failure
@ 2018-10-29 15:43     ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2018-10-29 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

x11 is in the default DISTRO_FEATURES for poky, so you don't need to add that.

If core-image-x11 works then core-image-sato should build fine.  Try
deleting your tmp/ and trying again, if that doesn't work then
pastebin both temp/log.do_configure and config.log from the recipe
that is failing (matchbox-panel).

Ross

@ 2018-10-29 19:33       ` Joe Flowers
From: Joe Flowers @ 2018-10-29 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: yocto

HI Ross,

It still doesn't work.

local.conf
https://pastebin.com/2Ng0wSCi

log.do_configure.27655
https://pastebin.com/4EX9vqmK

config.log
https://pastebin.com/DY2FnM7w

Thanks for trying to help me.

Joe
----------------

@ 2018-10-29 21:02         ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2018-10-29 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

That is... interesting.

Can you verify that this file has been built by gtk+3?

$ oe-pkgdata-util find-path '*/gdk-x11-3.0.pc'
gtk+3-dev: /usr/lib/pkgconfig/gdk-x11-3.0.pc

If so can you find any gdk-x11-3.0.pc files under
/opt/yocto/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/matchbox-panel-2/2.11-r0/recipe-sysroot?
 Probably under usr/lib/pkgconfig.

Ross

@ 2018-10-30  3:04           ` Joe Flowers
From: Joe Flowers @ 2018-10-30  3:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: yocto

Thanks, Ross.

Below is the output you requested.  gdk-x11-3.0.pc does not seem to exist.

Below, should that be "wandboard" and not "qemux86" ?

joe@ubuntu:/opt/yocto/build$
joe@ubuntu:/opt/yocto/build$ oe-pkgdata-util find-path '*/gdk-x11-3.0.pc'
ERROR: Unable to find pkgdata directory /opt/yocto/build/tmp/pkgdata/qemux86
joe@ubuntu:/opt/yocto/build$ cd ..
joe@ubuntu:/opt/yocto$ oe-pkgdata-util find-path '*/gdk-x11-3.0.pc'
ERROR: Unable to find pkgdata directory /opt/yocto/build/tmp/pkgdata/qemux86
joe@ubuntu:/opt/yocto$
joe@ubuntu:/opt/yocto$
joe@ubuntu:/opt/yocto$ find /opt/yocto -name *.pc* 1> ~/find4.txt
2>/dev/null
joe@ubuntu:/opt/yocto$ cat ~/find4.txt | grep gdk | grep x11
joe@ubuntu:/opt/yocto$

Thank you!

@ 2018-10-30  3:14             ` Joe Flowers
From: Joe Flowers @ 2018-10-30  3:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: yocto

My bad.

It looks like it is here:
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/pkgconfig/gdk-x11-3.0.pc

joe@ubuntu:/opt/yocto$ find / -name *.pc* 1> ~/find5.txt 2>/dev/null
joe@ubuntu:/opt/yocto$ cat ~/find5.txt | grep gdk | grep x11
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/pkgconfig/gdk-x11-3.0.pc
joe@ubuntu:/opt/yocto$ ls -lart
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/pkgconfig/gdk-x11-3.0.pc
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 616 Apr  5  2017

@ 2018-10-30  3:24               ` Joe Flowers
From: Joe Flowers @ 2018-10-30  3:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: yocto

Contents of gdk-x11-3.0.pc:
---------
prefix=/usr
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
includedir=${prefix}/include
targets=x11 broadway wayland mir

Name: GDK
Version: 3.18.9
Requires: pango pangocairo gdk-pixbuf-2.0 >= 2.30.0 cairo >= 1.14.0
cairo-gobject >= 1.14.0
Requires.private: gio-unix-2.0 >= 2.45.8 fontconfig x11 xext xinerama xi
xrandr xcursor xfixes xcomposite xdamage wayland-client >= 1.5.91 xkbcommon
>= 0.2.0 wayland-cursor >= 1.5.91 wayland-egl mirclient >= 0.11.0 mircookie
>= 0.17.0  cairo-xlib cairo cairo cairo epoxy >= 1.0
Libs: -L${libdir} -lgdk-3
Cflags: -I${includedir}/gtk-3.0

---------

@ 2018-10-30 11:03             ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2018-10-30 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 30 Oct 2018 at 03:05, Joe Flowers <joe.flowers@nofreewill.com> wrote:
> Below is the output you requested.  gdk-x11-3.0.pc does not seem to exist.
>
> Below, should that be "wandboard" and not "qemux86" ?
>
> joe@ubuntu:/opt/yocto/build$
> joe@ubuntu:/opt/yocto/build$ oe-pkgdata-util find-path '*/gdk-x11-3.0.pc'
> ERROR: Unable to find pkgdata directory /opt/yocto/build/tmp/pkgdata/qemux86
> joe@ubuntu:/opt/yocto/build$ cd ..
> joe@ubuntu:/opt/yocto$ oe-pkgdata-util find-path '*/gdk-x11-3.0.pc'
> ERROR: Unable to find pkgdata directory /opt/yocto/build/tmp/pkgdata/qemux86
> joe@ubuntu:/opt/yocto$
> joe@ubuntu:/opt/yocto$
> joe@ubuntu:/opt/yocto$ find /opt/yocto -name *.pc* 1> ~/find4.txt 2>/dev/null
> joe@ubuntu:/opt/yocto$ cat ~/find4.txt | grep gdk | grep x11
> joe@ubuntu:/opt/yocto$

Yes, the pkgdata directory should be wandaboard but you haven't set
that in local.conf (you should), you've been setting it in the
environment so you need to set it in the environment when calling
oe-pkgdata-util (this is why you should set it in local.conf).

Was this after building gtk+3? If I'm reading your build paths
correctly, what is the content of
/opt/yocto/build/tmp/sysroots-components/cortexa9hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/gtk+3/usr/lib/pkgconfig/

Any file on the host isn't what we're after, they're not used in cross
compilation.

Ross

* Re: "bitbake core-image-sato" yields "No package 'gdk-x11-3.0' found" build failure
@ 2019-09-23 14:47         ` Ross Burton
From: Ross Burton @ 2019-09-23 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

On 23/09/2019 15:26, Jean-Baptiste MARIE wrote:
> Indeed wayland is enabled in my distro features, so my question is more:
> is there any reason to remove x11 from package config when "wayland" is
> enabled as a distro feature (but maybe it is no longer a question to be
> addressed ot yocto community)? As Ross mentioned, there can both be built.

That's a question for the maintainers of your BSP, they did that for a
reason.  Plain oe-core will enable both if the DISTRO has both x11 and
wayland enabled.

Ross

* Re: "bitbake core-image-sato" yields "No package 'gdk-x11-3.0' found" build failure
@ 2019-09-23 14:44         ` Jussi Kukkonen
From: Jussi Kukkonen @ 2019-09-23 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean-Baptiste MARIE; +Cc: Yocto discussion list

On Mon, 23 Sep 2019 at 17:26, Jean-Baptiste MARIE <jbaptiste.marie@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Ok, got it thanks.
>
> Indeed wayland is enabled in my distro features, so my question is more:
> is there any reason to remove x11 from package config when "wayland" is
> enabled as a distro feature (but maybe it is no longer a question to be
> addressed ot yocto community)? As Ross mentioned, there can both be built.

No generic reason that I can think of. The meta-freescale maintainers
probably didn't add it just for the fun of it ... but you'll have to
ask them (or try removing the PACKAGECONFIG modifications -- maybe the
reasons become obvious when something breaks horribly).

Jussi

@ 2019-09-23 14:26       ` Jean-Baptiste MARIE
From: Jean-Baptiste MARIE @ 2019-09-23 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jussi Kukkonen; +Cc: Yocto discussion list

Ok, got it thanks.

@ 2019-09-23 13:42     ` Jussi Kukkonen
From: Jussi Kukkonen @ 2019-09-23 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean-Baptiste MARIE; +Cc: Yocto discussion list

@ 2019-09-23 13:28     ` Ross Burton
From: Ross Burton @ 2019-09-23 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

On 23/09/2019 13:48, Jean-Baptiste MARIE wrote:
> PACKAGECONFIG_remove_imxgpu2d = " \
>      ${@bb.utils.contains("DISTRO_FEATURES", "wayland", "x11", "", d)} \
> "
>
> I do not see any reason why gdk-x11-3.0 would not be built

So if Wayland is enabled, then it disables X11.  Do you have Wayland
enabled?  I wonder why the BSP does this: you can build both just fine.

Ross

* Re: "bitbake core-image-sato" yields "No package 'gdk-x11-3.0' found" build failure
@ 2019-09-23 12:48   ` Jean-Baptiste MARIE
From: Jean-Baptiste MARIE @ 2019-09-23 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jussi Kukkonen; +Cc: Yocto discussion list

Hello,
Thanks for your answer. It seems "x11" is enabled as a distro feature
during my build.

I am using the following layers:

- meta-freescale (branch rocko): that meta overloads gtk recipe as shown
below:

@ 2019-09-20 19:06 ` Jussi Kukkonen
From: Jussi Kukkonen @ 2019-09-20 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean-Baptiste MARIE; +Cc: Yocto discussion list

On Fri, 20 Sep 2019 at 18:09, Jean-Baptiste MARIE <jbaptiste.marie@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
> I am facing a problem that has already been addressed but not solved yet.
> When building "bitbake core-image-sato" for SolidRun iMX6 SOM, I always get
> an error message during configure task of matchbox-panel-2. The error is
> the following:
> checking for glib-2.0
>                   gmodule-export-2.0
>                   x11
>                   gdk-x11-3.0
>                   gtk+-3.0... no
> configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0
>                   gmodule-export-2.0
>                   x11
>                   gdk-x11-3.0
>                   gtk+-3.0) were not met:
>
> No package 'gdk-x11-3.0' found

gdk-x11-3.0 comes from Gtk+3 (as long as Gtk is compiled with X11 support).
Since matchbox-panel-2 is even trying to build, you should have the "x11"
distro feature enabled and this should really mean that Gtk does include
gdk-x11-3.0 by default...

I'd start with checking the Gtk+3 build: is the "x11" packageconfig really
enabled for gtk+3? Do your layers have bbappends that modify the Gtk recipe
somehow?

If you would like more help you need to at least list the layers (and their
branches) you use.
HTH,
Jussi

@ 2019-09-18  8:39 Jean-Baptiste MARIE