* Python module from git repo recipe
@ 2016-06-09 15:58 Edward Wingate
From: Edward Wingate @ 2016-06-09 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Does anyone have an example of a recipe that installs a python module
from a git repo?  There is a python module that is not regularly
updated on PyPI, but its git repo is up to date.  All the examples of
python module recipes I can find uses PyPI:
http://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/tree/meta-python/recipes-devtools/python

Thanks for your help.

* Re: Python module from git repo recipe
@ 2016-06-09 16:03 ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2016-06-09 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edward Wingate; +Cc: yocto

On 9 June 2016 at 16:58, Edward Wingate <edwingate8@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have an example of a recipe that installs a python module
> from a git repo?  There is a python module that is not regularly
> updated on PyPI, but its git repo is up to date.  All the examples of
> python module recipes I can find uses PyPI:

Just change the SRC_URI to a git URI, that's all you need to do.

Ross

* Re: Python module from git repo recipe
@ 2016-06-09 16:59   ` Christopher Larson
From: Christopher Larson @ 2016-06-09 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: yocto

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 9:03 AM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton@intel.com> wrote:

> On 9 June 2016 at 16:58, Edward Wingate <edwingate8@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have an example of a recipe that installs a python module
>> from a git repo?  There is a python module that is not regularly
>> updated on PyPI, but its git repo is up to date.  All the examples of
>> python module recipes I can find uses PyPI:
>>

> Just change the SRC_URI to a git URI, that's all you need to do.

And S to ${WORKDIR}/git, set SRCREV, and depending on whether you're
tracking a branch or a tag, add SRCPV to PV :)
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com

* Re: Python module from git repo recipe
@ 2016-06-09 17:35     ` Edward Wingate
From: Edward Wingate @ 2016-06-09 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Larson; +Cc: yocto

Thanks all!  Was having a fit trying to get it to work until
Christopher's advice to set S to ${WORKDIR}/git.