* Function failed: do_package_qa
@ 2018-03-12 11:53 Outback Dingo
From: Outback Dingo @ 2018-03-12 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yocto-mailing-.

ERROR: QA Issue: r4-hub rdepends on dltwrapper-dev [dev-deps]
ERROR: QA Issue: r4-hub rdepends on jsonparser-dev [dev-deps]
ERROR: QA run found fatal errors. Please consider fixing them.
ERROR: Function failed: do_package_qa
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: log.do_package_qa.21297

seems ive created a bitbake recipe, which depends on a couple of
libraries to be built, so i created the bitbake for the libs and all
appears to build fine, however seeing the failure above its basically
telling me something isnt being created during the packaging process
for the libs to be properly included in the image, they does exist a
pkgname-dev.ipkg for each of the libs but not a packagename.ipkg ...
any ideas... its kind of holding me up at this point.

* Re: Function failed: do_package_qa
@ 2018-03-12 11:58 ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2018-03-12 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Outback Dingo; +Cc: Yocto-mailing-.

At a guess as I don't have any of your recipes to look at, jsonparser and
dltwrapper packages are broken and putting the libraries into the -dev
packages.  That probably caused a QA warning too.

Ross

@ 2018-03-12 13:35   ` Outback Dingo
From: Outback Dingo @ 2018-03-12 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: Yocto-mailing-.

Well heres the dltwrapper bb file it appears to build fine
#
# This file was derived from the 'Hello World!' example recipe in the
# Yocto Project Development Manual.
#

DESCRIPTION = "DLT Wrapper"
SECTION = "examples"
DEPENDS = "boost libusb1 dlt-daemon"
LICENSE = "COMPANY_COMMON_LICENSES"
LIC_FILES_CHKSUM =
"file://${COMPANY_COMMON_LICENSES}/LICENSE;md5=18f1f6bf24836561f3a65cef19477d20"

TARGET_CFLAGS += "-std=gnu++14"

# This tells bitbake where to find the files we're providing on the
local filesystem
FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/${PN}:"
FILES_${PN} += "${includedir}/*"
inherit autotools gettext cmake
# Use local tarball
SRC_URI = "file://DLTWrapper.tgz"

# Make sure our source directory (for the build) matches the directory
structure in the tarball
S = "${WORKDIR}/DLTWrapper"

do_install() {
install -d ${D}${libdir}
install -d ${D}${includedir}
install -m 0755 ${WORKDIR}/build/libDLTWrapper.so ${D}${libdir}
install -m 0755 ${WORKDIR}/DLTWrapper/include/* ${D}${includedir}
}

@ 2018-03-12 13:44     ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2018-03-12 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Outback Dingo; +Cc: Yocto-mailing-.

On 12 March 2018 at 13:35, Outback Dingo <outbackdingo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well heres the dltwrapper bb file it appears to build fine
> #
> # This file was derived from the 'Hello World!' example recipe in the
> # Yocto Project Development Manual.
> #
>
> DESCRIPTION = "DLT Wrapper"
> SECTION = "examples"
> DEPENDS = "boost libusb1 dlt-daemon"
> LICENSE = "COMPANY_COMMON_LICENSES"
> LIC_FILES_CHKSUM =
> "file://${COMPANY_COMMON_LICENSES}/LICENSE;md5=
> 18f1f6bf24836561f3a65cef19477d20"
>
> TARGET_CFLAGS += "-std=gnu++14"
>
> Just use CFLAGS

> # This tells bitbake where to find the files we're providing on the
> local filesystem
> FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/${PN}:"

Redundant, remove this

> FILES_${PN} += "${includedir}/*"

Wrong, includedir goes into PN-dev.  This is the default, so remove this.

> inherit autotools gettext cmake

Does DLT wrapper use autotools or cmake? It can't use both.  Does it need
to inherit gettext?

> do_install() {
> install -d ${D}${libdir}
> install -d ${D}${includedir}
> install -m 0755 ${WORKDIR}/build/libDLTWrapper.so ${D}${libdir}
> install -m 0755 ${WORKDIR}/DLTWrapper/include/* ${D}${includedir}
> }

Presumably you're doing this because the autotools or cmake files in your
tarball doesn't have an install target?

Anyway, that's the problem.  You're installing an unversioned .so file
which will be put into PN-dev by default.  Unversioned libraries are
frowned upon but if you can't change it then the wiki has a guide:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TipsAndTricks/Packaging_Prebuilt_Libraries#Non-versioned_Libraries

Ross

* Re: Function failed: do_package_qa
@ 2018-03-12 14:59       ` Outback Dingo
From: Outback Dingo @ 2018-03-12 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: Yocto-mailing-.

---------snip----------

okay ive updated the makefile with your edits and read the doc, the
new version is here... is it on the right track ??? much appreciated
the insight....
modifications below....

#
# This file was derived from the 'Hello World!' example recipe in the
# Yocto Project Development Manual.
#

DESCRIPTION = "DLT Wrapper"
SECTION = "libs"
DEPENDS = "boost libusb1 dlt-daemon"
LICENSE = "COMPANY_COMMON_LICENSES"
LIC_FILES_CHKSUM =
"file://${COMPANY_COMMON_LICENSES}/LICENSE;md5=18f1f6bf24836561f3a65cef19477d20"

CFLAGS += "-std=gnu++14"

inherit cmake

# Use local tarball
SRC_URI = "file://DLTWrapper.tgz"

# The base package, this includes everything needed to actually run
the application on the target system.
PACKAGES += "FILES-${PN}-lib"

FILES_${PN}-lib = "\
    ${libdir}/lib*.so.* \
    ${includedir}/*"

# Make sure our source directory (for the build) matches the directory
structure in the tarball
S = "${WORKDIR}/DLTWrapper"
PACKAGES = "${PN} FILES-${PN}-lib ${PN}-dev ${PN}-dbg ${PN}-staticdev"

RDEPENDS_${PN}-staticdev = ""
RDEPENDS_${PN}-dev = ""
RDEPENDS_${PN}-dbg = ""

INSANE_SKIP_${PN} = "ldflags"
INHIBIT_PACKAGE_STRIP = "1"
INHIBIT_SYSROOT_STRIP = "1"
SOLIBS = ".so"
FILES_SOLIBSDEV = ""

do_install () {
install -d ${D}${libdir}
install -m 0755 ${WORKDIR}/libfoo.so ${D}${libdir}

@ 2018-03-12 18:17         ` Outback Dingo
From: Outback Dingo @ 2018-03-12 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: Yocto-mailing-.

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 3:59 PM, Outback Dingo <outbackdingo@gmail.com> wrote:

Okay ive confirmed this works, building fine again all the way through, thanks