* augeas: oe-core removal warning
@ 2016-05-13  7:15 Jussi Kukkonen
From: Jussi Kukkonen @ 2016-05-13  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer; +Cc: openembedded-devel

Morning,

I'm considering removing the augeas recipe from oe-core: it has not
really been depended on by anything since Danny (rpm has a non-default
PACKAGECONFIG but even that is accompanied by comments about no
testing) and we have nothing testing its functionality. Please speak
up now if you think augeas should stay in oe-core.

There is one reverse dependency in meta-oe/meta-networking (netcf) so
I'll propose adding augeas there before the removal happens (other
suggestions are welcome).

Thanks,
  Jussi

* Re: augeas: oe-core removal warning
@ 2016-08-02  8:23   ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2016-08-02  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jussi Kukkonen
  Cc: OpenEmbedded Devel List, Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

On 13 May 2016 at 08:15, Jussi Kukkonen <jussi.kukkonen@intel.com> wrote:

> I'm considering removing the augeas recipe from oe-core: it has not
> really been depended on by anything since Danny (rpm has a non-default
> PACKAGECONFIG but even that is accompanied by comments about no
> testing) and we have nothing testing its functionality. Please speak
> up now if you think augeas should stay in oe-core.

I think that it really should go and will likely be doing this shortly.

Ross

* Re: [OE-core] augeas: oe-core removal warning
@ 2016-08-02  8:23   ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2016-08-02  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jussi Kukkonen
  Cc: OpenEmbedded Devel List, Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

@ 2016-08-02 10:04     ` Jussi Kukkonen
From: Jussi Kukkonen @ 2016-08-02 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross
  Cc: OpenEmbedded Devel List, Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

On 2 August 2016 at 11:23, Burton, Ross <ross.burton@intel.com> wrote:

> On 13 May 2016 at 08:15, Jussi Kukkonen <jussi.kukkonen@intel.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm considering removing the augeas recipe from oe-core: it has not
>> really been depended on by anything since Danny (rpm has a non-default
>> PACKAGECONFIG but even that is accompanied by comments about no
>> testing) and we have nothing testing its functionality. Please speak
>> up now if you think augeas should stay in oe-core.
>>

> I think that it really should go and will likely be doing this shortly.
>
> Ross

Feel free, my commit to move it to meta-oe just showed up in
meta-openembedded master.

Jussi

From: Jussi Kukkonen @ 2016-08-02 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross